ALI555

Everyone going through Administrative Processing in ISLAMABAD

2,010 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Omark - Any updates - i believe ur next dude

And US! :) haha.. **sigh** I wonder if the new "fiscal" year (starts Oct. 1st) has anything to do with AP? I know that in the lottery immigration system, they can only allow a certain number of people from each country immigrate each fiscal year because of government costs.... ? If it DOES, then we should all start seeing approvals like crazy! :-P Gotta keep my hopes up SOMEhow!

Naz&Omi u could be rite then they shud finish the backlog from last fiscal yr now.You and I are next in line and IA we will get the good news soon.

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thanks Feisal, I had Applied for my parents Immigration, I believe it is the same category as CR1

Interview date -Aug 21st 2009 (Father was put on AP)

Call from Embassy to submit passport- Sept 18th

Submit passport Sep 19th

Still waiting to get the passort back.

We were so hasty and already booked the tickets for them for October 4th, and we still havnt recieved the passports :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Zee12 - U booked a little too soon 2nd week of Oct would have given u a better chance, but u never know u might get it tomorrow i hope so.

21st August i was there the same day :)

When is the best chance to get Jessica and Sarah on the line - Give me specific timings that u all got them please :)

N-400 Time

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
Thanks Feisal, I had Applied for my parents Immigration, I believe it is the same category as CR1

Interview date -Aug 21st 2009 (Father was put on AP)

Call from Embassy to submit passport- Sept 18th

Submit passport Sep 19th

Still waiting to get the passort back.

We were so hasty and already booked the tickets for them for October 4th, and we still havnt recieved the passports :(

Aww... Good luck! you should call the AMEX and see if it's just there waiting (that's been the case EVERY time the embassy was supposed to send us something). If so, just go pick it up and have a safe flight :) I really hope that's the case!!

Their number is on the US Embassy Islamabad website!

http://islamabad.usembassy.gov/pakistan/co...r_services.html

Edited by Naz&Omi

--------------------

OMAR & HALEY'S K-1 PROCESS

11/11/2008 - FILED I-129F

11/18/2008 - NOA1 RECEIVED

03/11/2009 - RECEIVED NOA2 (approved!)

03/19/2009 - NVC RECEIVED CASE FILE

04/01/2009 - NVC SENT CASE TO ISL EMBASSY

04/06/2009 - ISL EMBASSY RECEIVED CASE FILE

********* - NEVER RECEIVED PACKET 3.5 FROM ISL (called / emailed, no luck)

********* - CREATED OUR OWN PACKET WITH ITEMS THE ISL EMBASSY TOLD US IN EMAIL THAT THEY NEEDED

06/10/2009 - SUBMITTED PACKET 3.5 TO AMEX IN ISLAMABAD

06/16/2009 - RECEIVED INTERVIEW LETTER THROUGH AMEX IN ISLAMABAD

07/20/2009 - INTERVIEW (approved!) AP

10/12/2009 - 3 MONTHS OF AP COMPLETE...

10/21/2009 - CALL TO SUBMIT PASSPORT!

11/04/2009 - U.S. EMBASSY, ISLAMABAD RECIEVED PASSPORT IN MAIL (NOW UNDER FINAL REVIEW)

11/16/2009 - U.S. EMBASSY, ISLAMABAD MAILED PASSPORT W/ VISA TO U.S. EMBASSY KABUL

11/22/2009 - CALL TO PICK UP PASSPORT!

12/01/2009 - FLYING TO U.S.!!!!!!!!!

12/02/2009 - HE'S HERE!!! <3 <3 <3

12/07/2009 - MARRIED IN COLORADO! <3

12/20/2010 - APPLIED FOR SOCIAL SECURITY CARD

04/09/2010 - RECEIVED WORK AUTHORIZATION CARD IN THE MAIL!

06/20/2010 - DID SECOND INTERVIEW

08/10/2010 - RECEIVED 2-YEAR GREEN CARD!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

Timeline

I know we have booked too soon. They will be flying through ETIHAD airlines, and they charge nothing for rescheduling. we checked with them 5 X times before we booked. We knew it was possible that they wont get their passports in time but we were just praying that it would. still have one more day, have also been emailnig embassy, and gota reply from them

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please wait and applicant will receive passport(s)/visa packet(s) soon via courier

so this looks promising but not sure if it will get their in time. My parents have also been calling Amex every day to see if the passports have already arrived and are not just sitting there.

lets see, keeping my fingers crossed.

Zee12 - U booked a little too soon 2nd week of Oct would have given u a better chance, but u never know u might get it tomorrow i hope so.

21st August i was there the same day :)

When is the best chance to get Jessica and Sarah on the line - Give me specific timings that u all got them please :)

I always get Jessica on the phone when I call between the hours of 8AM-9AM. And I always get Sarah on the phone when I call around 3-4 PM, but there have been times when I have gotten Sarah on the phone after 12 PM. So it's a hit-or-miss type thing.

OmarK, zee12, Naz&Omi, and everyone else still waiting: We pray that InshaAllah this week will bring good news for us all.

OmarK: I don't know what the deal with is with London, the fact that we had to email, fax, and post the requested DS-157 to make sure that they have it! InshaAllah now it won't be much longer. We should all hear good news very soon!

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Marm, I have a feeling your fiance will get the visa call soon insha'Allah

Insha'Allah these next few weeks will be good for you and Naz&Omi and Omar, you are all in my duas!

Now you guys have to tell me who are the nice people and who are the rude ones... Jessica or Sarah... a month from now, I will be putting DOS as speed dial on my phone lol but before I do, I need to set up alarm times which would be the timeframes in which I will get the nice people lol

Edited by Hopeful786

ticker.png

Marm, I have a feeling your fiance will get the visa call soon insha'Allah

Insha'Allah these next few weeks will be good for you and Naz&Omi and Omar, you are all in my duas!

Now you guys have to tell me who are the nice people and who are the rude ones... Jessica or Sarah... a month from now, I will be putting DOS as speed dial on my phone lol but before I do, I need to set up alarm times which would be the timeframes in which I will get the nice people lol

Jessica and Sarah are both very helpful. Jessica: I have been getting her for 3 days straight, I call between 8-9 AM. Sarah varies with timings, sometimes 11-12 PM sometimes 3-4 PM, I don't know for sure. There are just guesstimates, hope that they help you in getting the right person to actually answer your questions!

Continue to remember us in your prayers!

Timeline
Zee12 - Any news on the Visa

No Feisal :(

They didnt get the passport back. so we rescehuled for next friday. the only good thing abt the airline is that we can reschedule as many times. IA, we wont have to reschedule any more. It really isnt over until you finally get here. :(

Zee12 - Any news on the Visa

No Feisal :(

They didnt get the passport back. so we rescehuled for next friday. the only good thing abt the airline is that we can reschedule as many times. IA, we wont have to reschedule any more. It really isnt over until you finally get here. :(

We couldn't agree more! InshaAllah I hope that before next friday they get their passports back!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I just called DOS spoke to jane she told me embassy is working on it,its not ready yet.I asked if i m still in AP? she said absolutely.... just wait for the embassy to contact you.I asked if they will contact me this week ...reply was "I dont know" no further details r available.Hope i hear from them soon.

Timeline

I know Omar, IA, they will call you soon, but it is just unbelivalbe how much they can drag you, i call DOS, just to see if they could tell me why my parents havnt recieved a call from Amex yet, and she told me, becuz the visa is NOT PRINTED yet, it has been issued but not printed, because their is a Que. it is just crazy. i am not sure if it will get there by friday. just hanging in there.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.