ALI555

Everyone going through Administrative Processing in ISLAMABAD

2,010 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I sent an e-mail to ISL to get updates on my case and they sent me a list of FAQs.Heres what it say about APs......

1. I appeared at the U.S Embassy for my interview. I was told that

administrative processing is required for my case. What does this mean?

Administrative Processing is a standard procedure required by law for

visa applications. It is a normal process and it does not mean anything

is wrong with your case. The processing is not completed here at the

U.S. Embassy and we have no control over the processing time, nor any

influence on the processing. Some cases take longer to process than

others; this does not necessarily mean anything is wrong with your case.

Once the administrative processing has been completed, we will continue

with your visa application. We will contact you to let you know when

your case is complete, and will ask you to return your passport if we

have not retained it. Once we have printed your visa, we will return

your passport along with the visa packet via our approved courier. If

it has been more than 10 months since your interview, please e-mail

Pakivquery@state.gov with the date of your interview and case number.

However, please note that routine administrative processing questions

for cases less than 10 months will not be answered....

Timeline
Hopeful786 - Congrats - i still do not have permissions to edit the AP Spread Sheet - guess ALI555 forgot.

Omark - That is standard response - u should be cleared within 2 to 6 months

Yes Feisal i should remain positive eventho Its been over 2 months now, IA it will come along eventually.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
Hopeful786 - Congrats - i still do not have permissions to edit the AP Spread Sheet - guess ALI555 forgot.

Yes Feisal i should remain positive eventho Its been over 2 months now, IA it will come along eventually.

Awww... 6 months sounds so bad right now... it's been a little over 2 months for us also, Omar.. (my fiance's name is Omar as well)... your name's not Mohammad Omar is it? lol.... that's such a common name, I bet we got like a million hits... I can't even imagine waiting another 4 months from now.... :( but yea, I guess it all has to end SOME time, right? Hoping the best for us both!

--------------------

OMAR & HALEY'S K-1 PROCESS

11/11/2008 - FILED I-129F

11/18/2008 - NOA1 RECEIVED

03/11/2009 - RECEIVED NOA2 (approved!)

03/19/2009 - NVC RECEIVED CASE FILE

04/01/2009 - NVC SENT CASE TO ISL EMBASSY

04/06/2009 - ISL EMBASSY RECEIVED CASE FILE

********* - NEVER RECEIVED PACKET 3.5 FROM ISL (called / emailed, no luck)

********* - CREATED OUR OWN PACKET WITH ITEMS THE ISL EMBASSY TOLD US IN EMAIL THAT THEY NEEDED

06/10/2009 - SUBMITTED PACKET 3.5 TO AMEX IN ISLAMABAD

06/16/2009 - RECEIVED INTERVIEW LETTER THROUGH AMEX IN ISLAMABAD

07/20/2009 - INTERVIEW (approved!) AP

10/12/2009 - 3 MONTHS OF AP COMPLETE...

10/21/2009 - CALL TO SUBMIT PASSPORT!

11/04/2009 - U.S. EMBASSY, ISLAMABAD RECIEVED PASSPORT IN MAIL (NOW UNDER FINAL REVIEW)

11/16/2009 - U.S. EMBASSY, ISLAMABAD MAILED PASSPORT W/ VISA TO U.S. EMBASSY KABUL

11/22/2009 - CALL TO PICK UP PASSPORT!

12/01/2009 - FLYING TO U.S.!!!!!!!!!

12/02/2009 - HE'S HERE!!! <3 <3 <3

12/07/2009 - MARRIED IN COLORADO! <3

12/20/2010 - APPLIED FOR SOCIAL SECURITY CARD

04/09/2010 - RECEIVED WORK AUTHORIZATION CARD IN THE MAIL!

06/20/2010 - DID SECOND INTERVIEW

08/10/2010 - RECEIVED 2-YEAR GREEN CARD!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

Timeline

Awww... 6 months sounds so bad right now... it's been a little over 2 months for us also, Omar.. (my fiance's name is Omar as well)... your name's not Mohammad Omar is it? lol.... that's such a common name, I bet we got like a million hits... I can't even imagine waiting another 4 months from now.... :( but yea, I guess it all has to end SOME time, right? Hoping the best for us both!

Yes omar is a very common name and u r rite that could delay a lil bit but IA we will get thru it.BY the way my fiancee also calls me Omi ....LOL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

IS there anyone who can make a new spreadsheet since no one has access to edit the other one? This thread and spreadsheet are great, I don't want to see it die. Please if someone can help??

USCIS STAGE

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage : 2008-11-11

I-130 Sent : 2008-12-18

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-12-23

I-130 Approved : 2009-04-23

NOA2 Hard Copy: 2009-04-27

NVC STAGE

NVC Received : 2009-5-5

Case # Assigned: 2009-5-6

Received DS-230 / I-864 Bill : e-mail received 2009-5-20

Pay I-864 Bill : 2009-6-2

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-07-10

Return Completed DS-230 : 2009-07-10

Receive IV Bill : 2009-5-20

Pay IV Bill : 2009-6-2

RFE: 2009-7-22

Returned Missing Docs: 2009-7-27

NVC Resumes Processing: 2009-7-30

Case Completed at NVC :2009-8-7

Embassy Stage

Flight to Pakistan: 2009-9-30

Medical: 2009-10-05

Interview: 2009-10-20

AP Start: 2009-10-20

Back to States alone :'( 2010-2-17

AP Done: 2010-2-23

POE:

b7evpzub78.gif

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Well, i have news,I called DOS yesterday, and the lady i talked to told me that my case was under Final Review, i was like, so that means that it is done with AP, She said, yes, call back monday and we will have more info for you. Well, it sounded like good news to me, but i didnt want to wait till monday and also to make sure that i had gotten the info right i called again in the afternoon, and the some lady SARA, said that the visa has been issued and they should contact my family by monday. i told my parents to keep close to the phone, if in case they called. Any how, i had another question to ask DOS, so i called again today, i know i sound like a weirdo, calling DOS over n over again, well, some Janet picked my call, i asked her to check the case status and she tell me that the case is still AP. I was like how is that possible, because i called yesterday and they told me that thy are issuing the visa. She snaps at me, and says that, if u already know that, why have u called us again, so i told her that because i had another question...

The stupid women went on and on about her policies and the amountof info they can give us. i think it really does depend on who u talk to at DOS becasue i am sure they have alot of info athand which they refrain from telling us, any how, in short, she put me on hold for 5 min and returned to me tell that Islamabad embassy in THE PROCESS of issuing the visa. If i have anyother questions, i should contact islamabad embassy. I am sooo glad that it is almost over, but i wanted to know, if any 1 has any idea, how long they take to contact... should i contact islamabad embassy, or just wait.. any ideas ??

I know that is not over until you are here in the usa, so i am keeping my fingers corssed.

Timeline

LOL I went through exactly the same experience with exactly the same ladies.. Janet actually almost made me cry and yelled at me that for people like you we dont tell about the visa issuance until the embassy contacts you.. she even had teh guts to say, embassy can stillc hange their mind.. imagine the misery!

Anyways, don't worry about it.. congratulations- visa has been issued! Islamabad will call your parents soon to either submit the passport and if they kept it at the interview then to actually pick it up.. if you really want to contact them, send an email to islamabad embassy- they will reply with a generic one liner letting you know that applicant will be contacted very soon meaning it's over!

No harm in emailing Isb embassy,.. they will get back to you asap!

Marriage January 23, 2005

USCIS

August 14, 2006- I-130 Sent

September 22, 2008- NOA 1 Received

September 17, 2008- Became a USC

September 18, 2008- Upgraded I-130

March 20, 2009 - NOA2 (email)

March 25, 2009- NOA2 (hardcopy Received)

NVC

April 3, 2009 - Case Number Assigned

June 5, 2009 CASE COMPLETED AT NVC

June 9, 2009 Interview Date Assigned

July 16, 2009 Interview AP

August 24, 2009 DOS Operator said "VISA HAS BEEN ISSUED TODAY" Alhamdulillah

August 26, 2009 call from embassy to PICK UP THE PASSPORT :-)

August 27, 2009 Picked up the passport... woohooo!!!

September 9, 2009 US Entry InshaAllah

October 13, 2009 SSN and green card in mail DONE WITH USCIS until husband applies for his citizenship!!

The journey of 4 years, 8 months, and 3 weeks has ended!!!

.png

Timeline
IS there anyone who can make a new spreadsheet since no one has access to edit the other one? This thread and spreadsheet are great, I don't want to see it die. Please if someone can help??

thats a good idea.. however, I still wanna see this spreadsheet full with visa issuance and all that.. most of us on this spreadsheet are done so it woudl be beneficial for people in future too.. I know I counted a lot on spreadsheets from last year to do my estimates for AP :$

good luck.. when are you leaving for Pakistan?

Marriage January 23, 2005

USCIS

August 14, 2006- I-130 Sent

September 22, 2008- NOA 1 Received

September 17, 2008- Became a USC

September 18, 2008- Upgraded I-130

March 20, 2009 - NOA2 (email)

March 25, 2009- NOA2 (hardcopy Received)

NVC

April 3, 2009 - Case Number Assigned

June 5, 2009 CASE COMPLETED AT NVC

June 9, 2009 Interview Date Assigned

July 16, 2009 Interview AP

August 24, 2009 DOS Operator said "VISA HAS BEEN ISSUED TODAY" Alhamdulillah

August 26, 2009 call from embassy to PICK UP THE PASSPORT :-)

August 27, 2009 Picked up the passport... woohooo!!!

September 9, 2009 US Entry InshaAllah

October 13, 2009 SSN and green card in mail DONE WITH USCIS until husband applies for his citizenship!!

The journey of 4 years, 8 months, and 3 weeks has ended!!!

.png

Timeline
LOL I went through exactly the same experience with exactly the same ladies.. Janet actually almost made me cry and yelled at me that for people like you we dont tell about the visa issuance until the embassy contacts you.. she even had teh guts to say, embassy can stillc hange their mind.. imagine the misery!

Anyways, don't worry about it.. congratulations- visa has been issued! Islamabad will call your parents soon to either submit the passport and if they kept it at the interview then to actually pick it up.. if you really want to contact them, send an email to islamabad embassy- they will reply with a generic one liner letting you know that applicant will be contacted very soon meaning it's over!

No harm in emailing Isb embassy,.. they will get back to you asap!

OMG, that is exactly wat she said to me that they can always change their mind and i was like u mean change their mind after issuing the VISA, and she babbled some garbage polices which went right off my head. i wanted to give her a good one, but then, i was like never mind, let her bark, Any how, they didnot keep my parents passport, any idea how long before they contact them. i know eid is coming so everthing will be closed friday, and then for eid as well. i will deffinitly email them. Thanks HOPE :)

Timeline
Well, i have news,I called DOS yesterday, and the lady i talked to told me that my case was under Final Review, i was like, so that means that it is done with AP, She said, yes, call back monday and we will have more info for you. Well, it sounded like good news to me, but i didnt want to wait till monday and also to make sure that i had gotten the info right i called again in the afternoon, and the some lady SARA, said that the visa has been issued and they should contact my family by monday. i told my parents to keep close to the phone, if in case they called. Any how, i had another question to ask DOS, so i called again today, i know i sound like a weirdo, calling DOS over n over again, well, some Janet picked my call, i asked her to check the case status and she tell me that the case is still AP. I was like how is that possible, because i called yesterday and they told me that thy are issuing the visa. She snaps at me, and says that, if u already know that, why have u called us again, so i told her that because i had another question...

The stupid women went on and on about her policies and the amountof info they can give us. i think it really does depend on who u talk to at DOS becasue i am sure they have alot of info athand which they refrain from telling us, any how, in short, she put me on hold for 5 min and returned to me tell that Islamabad embassy in THE PROCESS of issuing the visa. If i have anyother questions, i should contact islamabad embassy. I am sooo glad that it is almost over, but i wanted to know, if any 1 has any idea, how long they take to contact... should i contact islamabad embassy, or just wait.. any ideas ??

I know that is not over until you are here in the usa, so i am keeping my fingers corssed.

Congratulations zee12! mubarak ho app ko.

Timeline

Congratulations zee12! mubarak ho app ko.

Thank You Omar, IA, I think yur next:)

Just a little some thing like to share, if u are a believer, some1 told me to read Surat Muzammil 41 times, 3 days in row. Believe me, the second day i read it, i got this news, but i did finish it. the surat is almost 2 pages, so if u have one more person with u, it gets easier to read, and u have to read it in one go. no breaks. u can try it if u want, trust me it worked wonders for me.

Thank You Omar, IA, I think yur next:)

Just a little some thing like to share, if u are a believer, some1 told me to read Surat Muzammil 41 times, 3 days in row. Believe me, the second day i read it, i got this news, but i did finish it. the surat is almost 2 pages, so if u have one more person with u, it gets easier to read, and u have to read it in one go. no breaks. u can try it if u want, trust me it worked wonders for me.

JazakAllah for this information :)

And as far as DOS reps, we have had bad experience with them too, a few of them are good people, but it depends on who you talk to...we went through hell with one just yesterday...she lied to us that my fiance was out of AP and the visa had been issued, and my family and my fiance's family, everyone was overjoyed...just to be thrown back into AP/AR hell again, when the second, third times I called yesterday I was told NO, it is not issued he is still in AP. I even called twice today and was told that it is still in AP..something about the first rep misinforming me...The best way to find out what is going on is email the embassy, and that is what we have done.

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.