lgg

Dear Canada!

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

hello fellow canucks...

So, I'm sitting around reading the forums, waiting for our NOA2 to get here. Oh my gosh, the waiting is deadly! I waver between zen cool and freak-out mania!

My question to you all is this... as we're all the beneficiary, did any of you call the USCIS yourselves? My husband, the USC, has done it a couple of times to no avail but... I have infinite patience over him and would really love to do it myself but as I'm Canada, I cannot.

So, any of you other Canadians venture to try? IF so, how? When I was in the US last week or so, I called again (fruitless I tell you!) but the odd thing was, I told them that I was the beneficiary but whomever I spoke to allowed me to carry on with my query. I guess the person on the other end of the phone already knew that they weren't going to give me anything work with so...

Just wondering -- the waiting is so damn difficult sometimes... i just feel like if I could call and egg them on a bit with our file, maybe we could even get someone to look at it as it appears to not have even been touched at all.

Thanks all...

LGG

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline

Wait times weren't that long at that point eh? You got approved in 80 days! I'd have been thrilled with that. I can't call actually - the number they provide only works within the USA...

I guess i'm just trying to see if perhaps I can incite some action on our petition as it seems to be doing nothing at all. No touches on line, no emails, nothing. I'm not loving the feeling of not being able to find out anything.

But thanks TM... your words are always really good.

:)

Later...

LGG

I didn't call them about our I-130 - but the wait times were not as long at that point. There is no reason why you can't call - don't know that it will help at all.

USCIS

NVC

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

Kermit the Frog

Timeline
I didn't call them about our I-130 - but the wait times were not as long at that point. There is no reason why you can't call - don't know that it will help at all.

Your situation seems very similar to mine when I was in that stage. My husband was in the states and I was in Canada and of coarse you can't dial that 1 800 number from up here. Well....my husband does not like to phone people and wasn't too 'rushed' to call for me, so I drove to the border (buffalo) went to the nearest phone booth and called (I was in a very loud grocery store!!) I got to speak to someone but in order for me to get any answers or to put in a request to find out what's happening (since it had been longer than so many weeks since any contact with NCIS), they required my husband...the American...to call. So my whole trip to the states was a waste. So then, I had my husband call me on the cell phone while he was at the pay phone, he called them, and requested info, they said we will be contacted within 60 days about our inquiry.....5 days later I got my approval!!! So, if it's been a long time (not sure of exact time lapse) since they contacted you last, your spouse can call from US to request an inquiry. But GOOD LUCK and hope it gets to you soon.

Sent I130 to Chicago - March 1, 2008

NOA 1- April, 2008

Transferred to California - April, 2008

NOA 2 - March 13, 2009 (lost for awhile)

NVC case number given - March 30, 2009

NVC case complete - April 25, 2009

Email for interview - July 3, 2009

Interview - August 12, 2009 DENIED!!

PROOF OF DOMICILE:

Package 1: sent August 13, 2009

Package 1: sent back August 23, 2009 -more proof needed

Package 2: sent September 3, 2009

Package 2: sent back Nov. 1, 2009 - more proof needed

Package 3: sent January 14, 2010

Package 3: APPROVED

Received VISA: MARCH 3, 2010!!!!!!

POE: Lewiston Bridge NY, March 4, 2010

SSN: ordered March 4, 2010

SSN: received March 17, 2010

GC Welcome Letter: March 16, 2010

GC Arrived: March 22, 2010

Citizenship Application Start Date: September 2011!!

Timeline

Oh right, I see your point about not being able to call from Canada. When I was documenting my U.S. citizenship I called them a lot. The way I did it was my Sister lives in the U.S. and has 3 way calling - so we would get USCIS on a 3 way call.

I have also heard of others that use Skype.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Your situation seems very similar to mine when I was in that stage. My husband was in the states and I was in Canada and of coarse you can't dial that 1 800 number from up here. Well....my husband does not like to phone people and wasn't too 'rushed' to call for me, so I drove to the border (buffalo) went to the nearest phone booth and called (I was in a very loud grocery store!!) I got to speak to someone but in order for me to get any answers or to put in a request to find out what's happening (since it had been longer than so many weeks since any contact with NCIS), they required my husband...the American...to call. So my whole trip to the states was a waste. So then, I had my husband call me on the cell phone while he was at the pay phone, he called them, and requested info, they said we will be contacted within 60 days about our inquiry.....5 days later I got my approval!!! So, if it's been a long time (not sure of exact time lapse) since they contacted you last, your spouse can call from US to request an inquiry. But GOOD LUCK and hope it gets to you soon.

Oh gosh... you drove to Buffalo to use the pay phone! Did you tell the border guards when they asked the purpose of your trip: "I need to use the phone" :lol:

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, I know the USCIS is likely different, but while I was waiting for an interview in Montreal I called DOS myself and stated I was the Canadian beneficiary. They never had an issue with that. However, when I called their computers were down and she said she could only call me back if I was calling from the US. Funny thing, when my fiance called 2 minutes later they gave him the info. I don't know if they computers were really down or if she was just being mean!

I was never antsy waiting for the NOA2... Probably because I didn't realize the long process that we had to go through after that point.

Timeline

OH man, that is funny and endearing! Sometimes I feel like damnit, I just should go across the border to call! Our husband's sound alike in that regard, BTW; he hates the phone and hates calling bureaucratic offices even more and I don't blame him. He has called and would if I wanted him to but I'd rather do it and as well, I can finagle my way into some information better and more patiently than he can!

I won't be driving to the US but I think I might try Skype and it's been 3 months which I know is not that long but it just sucks not knowing anything about our case. For all the other papers, events and such I was able to 'babysit' the process from where I was and call and inform myself and such but in this case, I can't. It's not like I want/expect preferential expedient service because it's ME, I just would like to know what the situation is and where we stand. That's all.

But thanks a lot you guys for letting me rant and telling me your similar tales and such, it makes me feel better knowing that I'm not the only person out there fretting about a situation.

Best of luck to anyone who's still waiting and thanks and regards to all who have completed and took the time to answer my rant/query.

Much appreciated,

LGG

Oh gosh... you drove to Buffalo to use the pay phone! Did you tell the border guards when they asked the purpose of your trip: "I need to use the phone" :lol:

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.