MayaLar

Still waiting for our appeal I290B

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone!

Our application I-129F was denied by USCIS failed to established evidence the 2 of us have met within 2years. Fiance filed an appeal and resubmitted revised documents, additional evidence with fee end of February. We were advised that there's no timeline whether we will wait 6-9months for a decision.

Hope and pray that we will look forward for a positive outcome.....It's just so frustrating and painful to wait for almost a year...wondering if this will be approval or denial.... :crying:

Does anyone have been approved with an appeal?

01/05/10 - Visa on Hand

01/16/10 - POE Seattle Tacoma airport, WA

02/03/10 - Received SSN

03/09/10 - 2nd year Anniversary

04/12/10 - AOS, EAD, AP Application Submitted

04/14/10 - USCIS received package(AOS application)

04/22/10 - got email notification receipt number

04/24/10 - Received hard copy I-797 notice of action (AOS, EAD, AP)

04/30/10 - Biometrics notice thru mail

05/11/10 - Biometrics Appointment

I have seen appeals work - they are listed on the USCIS site (admin decisions).

What did you submit to show you met in two years? (have you met in the two years prior to filing the initial petition?)

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

did you two meet before filing the petition? or did you meet after filing the petition.

confused on how the USCIS arrived at this conclusion that you two did not meet

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes we did meet prior of application. Fiance visited me March 2008 and filed the K1 visa July 2008. Got an RFE January 2008 and was denied by USCIS February 2008.

Fiance resubmitted more detailed dated pictures of us together and with my family; boarding pass of our island trip; hotel receipts; passport and phone record he made from the hotel to inform me he arrived highlighting our names and dates.

Edited by MayaLar

01/05/10 - Visa on Hand

01/16/10 - POE Seattle Tacoma airport, WA

02/03/10 - Received SSN

03/09/10 - 2nd year Anniversary

04/12/10 - AOS, EAD, AP Application Submitted

04/14/10 - USCIS received package(AOS application)

04/22/10 - got email notification receipt number

04/24/10 - Received hard copy I-797 notice of action (AOS, EAD, AP)

04/30/10 - Biometrics notice thru mail

05/11/10 - Biometrics Appointment

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.