T0dd&Chr1ssy

VSC saying K-1's being done as of November 25th

33 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Thanks for your er.....help but you had a very quick approval. In fact you completed your whole process in less the time it has and still taking us to get our NOA2. It is almost impossible to tell you or for you to understand how frustated some of us are every single day watching more and more people in febuary get approved and your advice is to sit there and do nothing. If you were ever put in our posistion, I'm sure you would be doing or at least thinking about doing the same things as us and feeling the sort of hardship were having to face everyday. So I apologise if I've offended you but I don't think its fair you come on and put me and others down just because were all venting our anger at a much much much slower incorrect and unfair system then the one you were lucky enough to slide through.

I'm not sure what Gary and Alla said that you interpreted as "putting you down" but every word was correct. Infopass appointments, service requests and repeated phone calls to the customer service line will all do nothing. They'll get to your petition when they get to it. It sucks to hear and it's obviously upsetting I know. But it's the truth. And that's from someone who waited 212 days. There are people who applied months after me and are already in the U.S. with their green cards. I know how awful it feels. And the day i was outside of processing times I immediately had service requests put in and contacted both of my senators and my congressman. Did any of it make a damn difference? Nope.

Then you understand what it feels like to be hopeless. I didn't see the point in reminding us that we are, and making us feel worse. I know they will only get to it when they feel like it but I don't think its right to put further negative thoughts, whether its the truth or not, into an already very negative and difficult process. In my opinion positivity is the key in getting through this, whether you feel we are wasting our time or not putting in request etc etc is your opinion, but all a lot of people ask for on here is some positivity and hope. False hope is sometime's better then no hope and if it makes people feel better and gives them more hope and a light at the end of the tunnel then I will support them in there decision to try and follow it up. It certainly felt better when I did it even though I pretty much knew nothing amazing would happen.

We all deserve a little hope and sometimes the truth can destroy that. So in my opinion its better to be told a lie and to be kept positive and more content then it is to know to truth and condem the endless crappy days waiting for our turn. Call it ignoring the fact's if you like, but I'm much happier in lala land thinking and beleiving I can do something then I would be in the real world and know were utterly helpless.

Its just my opinion and I respect yours before I get flamed. All the best in the remainder of your journey

Sorry if you thought I "flamed" you. Yikes. Your process WILL be completed and all WILL be ok. I am not a guy that is encouraged by "false hope" and I am not sure what you mean by that. If you mean that you "hope" the next call to USCIS will give you meaningful information, yes, that is FALSE hope. If you mean that you won't get a visa, NO that is not false hope. Provided you have no disqualifying issues, you WILL get the visa.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
in our case, we ddnt get the NOA1 in the mail, and my fiance got the receipt number thru the military hotline; and our NOA2 is not yet here either; but i'm just really hoping they don't our NOA2 as well; when we called USCIS regarding our NOA1 they said it may have just gotten lost in the mail; i hope they won't say anything like that when we would ask about our NOA2!  :angry:

anyways, is the hardcopy of NOA2 very important aswell? coz what if it gets "lost in the mail" as well, i know maybe we can ask for our case number thru the hotline again; can't help it if the mailing system in my boo's hometown is being crappy about it

Yes the NOA2 is important and costly to replace if you fail to receive it. I believe it's around 300$ to get an official copy of it. I'd make sure they have your correct adress before it comes.

K-1

05/05/2009 - NOA1

07/17/2009 - NOA2

08/27/2009 - Visa Received

10/09/2009 - Married

AOS/EAD

11/18/2009 - NOA1

01/15/2010 - EAD Approved

02/25/2010 - AOS Interview

Adjuticator's Field Manual

Old VJ Adjuticator Q/A

Disclaimer : 100% of the time I only think I know what I'm talking about.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I never meant to say that you flamed me because you didn't, but I was expecting a backlog of posters flaming me. I know I will get the visa, were a perfectly average loving couple and our case is by no mean speical or should require further investigation. If I do call USCIS up and someone does manage to be helpful for once, it might make a little more cheerful and content for a day or two, but sitting at home or at work and knowing were just relying on fate and doing nothing to even attempt to try to change that is to me a lot worse. But we obviously think differently about being pro-active and non-active, in my eyes if your pro-active your body and mind is set towards acheiving something and creates a postive feeling and hope that what your doing is actually helping, but if I was to be non-active, negative scenario's would constantly run through my head and eventually would turn into further stress and a lot more panicing. I'm not saying your way is better or worse then mine but we have experianced two different journeys so far and we have reacted differently to our situations. I wish I had the money to see my love one and I haven't seen her since we filed in January and seeing some Jan filers already having a POE is soul destroying. Thank you for giving me your version of the fact's, I appreiciate it, but I'm not expecting you to understand what its like sitting here watching hundreds of filers after we submitted ours be with there loved ones and you can't be. Maybe calling them up does do nothing, but can you really expect me to sit here and wait and do nothing as weeks and months go by?

01/08/2009 - POSTED NOA1 to VSC

01/13/2009 - RECEIVED NOA1, Case Pending

02/06/2009 - TOUCHED - Finacee moved so I presume that was the reason for it

05/20/2009 - Contacted Congressman's Alan Grayson's Offices to ask for assistance on our case, He agrees

06/13/2009 - 5 months and nothing, not even from our congressman :( Were is our NOA2!!!!!!

06/16/2009 - Our congressman actually made contact us for the first time in 4 weeks only to tell us they had written our address down wrong so here we are, still stuck in limbo with not a clue what's happenening

06/17/2009 - Called NVC on a off chance they might have it and they do!!!!! Woop woop. All we need now is that hard copy and were set!

06/17/2009 - NVC send our visa and petition to the london embassy - My packet 3 is on the way, woop woop!

06/19/2009 - Recieved NOA2 in the post, dated 06/11/2009. The panicing is over.....for now

07/01/2009 - Reeceived Packet 3 in the post, woop woop

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.