riosling

passport fees

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to give everyone the heads up on passport fees and processing time. Had my oath taking 2 weeks ago and I applied for my passport on June 1. Opted for expedited processing and I paid $149.85 for it. Then an additional $42.50 to the USPS for passport fee and express mail. Yesterday I received my new USA passport. Took only 10 days. Wonderful! I guess the naturalization certificate arrives separately and soon.

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to give everyone the heads up on passport fees and processing time. Had my oath taking 2 weeks ago and I applied for my passport on June 1. Opted for expedited processing and I paid $149.85 for it. Then an additional $42.50 to the USPS for passport fee and express mail. Yesterday I received my new USA passport. Took only 10 days. Wonderful! I guess the naturalization certificate arrives separately and soon.

Thanks!

Hopefully 2-3 days letter in a first class envelop from exactly the same address you received your passport from. Don't know why they can't save a stamp and toss that in the same heavy cardboard envelop. Had to sign for that cheap passport compared to a replacement certificate, that expensive certificate was jammed in with the rest of the junk mail.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hi everyone,

Thanks!

Hopefully 2-3 days letter in a first class envelop from exactly the same address you received your passport from. Don't know why they can't save a stamp and toss that in the same heavy cardboard envelop. Had to sign for that cheap passport compared to a replacement certificate, that expensive certificate was jammed in with the rest of the junk mail.

I paid $100 for my passport (normal service) and I had it back within 10 days as well. You will get your certificate in the normal mail 2-5 days later.

Like NickD said I cant see why they cant return it with the passport. Congrats on completing your journey.

Filed: Timeline
Hi everyone,

Thanks!

I still waiting for my citizenship interview, but I would like to apply for a US Passport right after the oath taking. Just curious what documentation did you provide State (passport processing) to prove you are a citizen if your naturalization certificate is not right away in hand? It's logical I guess to assume that that is what State needs.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hi everyone,

Thanks!

I still waiting for my citizenship interview, but I would like to apply for a US Passport right after the oath taking. Just curious what documentation did you provide State (passport processing) to prove you are a citizen if your naturalization certificate is not right away in hand? It's logical I guess to assume that that is what State needs.

You get your Certificate at the Oath Ceremony, I went to my local Post Office to apply for my Passport all I took was The Passport application forms, my certificate, my state drivers license, utility bill showing address and 2 passport photos and the fee.

I put my certificate in a clear plastic wallet and stapled it closed, that way when they were attaching the application together the did not staple through the certificate only the plastic wallet. I thought the passport office might take it out of the plastic wallet but when I got it back it was still in the wallet.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Hi everyone,

Thanks!

You get your Certificate at the Oath Ceremony, I went to my local Post Office to apply for my Passport all I took was The Passport application forms, my certificate, my state drivers license, utility bill showing address and 2 passport photos and the fee.

I put my certificate in a clear plastic wallet and stapled it closed, that way when they were attaching the application together the did not staple through the certificate only the plastic wallet. I thought the passport office might take it out of the plastic wallet but when I got it back it was still in the wallet.

Whoa now I feel bad about having had to pay extra for expedited processing! But thanks for the info. Got my sister and her family taking the oath soon, and I'll tell them not to pay the extra for passport expediting. And congratulations to you also for finishing the journey!

Filed: Timeline
Hi everyone,

Thanks!

Whoa now I feel bad about having had to pay extra for expedited processing! But thanks for the info. Got my sister and her family taking the oath soon, and I'll tell them not to pay the extra for passport expediting. And congratulations to you also for finishing the journey!

Unless you really have to travel right away, there's no need to expedite via mail. A waste of money. There are also same day passport services at the regional passport offices for those who really need a passport for immediate travel or getting foreign visas.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_4312.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.