kev_n_jena

How Wonderful Are Your Inlaws?(Naging mabait ba sila sa inyo?)

45 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ay sali din ako! My in-laws are great. Known them while I was still in the Philippines. I love them to death. They are very generous too. Paid for my airfare, paid for my AOS, paid for my birthday party and everything. Even gave us a van for our wedding present. Also, they make me feel so at home here, still miss my family back home, but everyone makes everything bearable. Mother-in-law always pick me up on her days off, we go shopping together, or maybe just hang out in her house and play Mario Kart. Father-in-law is just the nicest dad also.

K1

California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : APRIL 26, 2008

I-129F NOA1 : MAY 1, 2008

Touched : MAY 14, 2008

Touched : SEP 9, 2008

I-129F NOA2 : SEP 9, 2008

Medical: Nov7 and Nov10 PASSED!

Interview Date : NOV 17, 2008 Pink Slip!!!

Visa Received : NOV 22, 2008

US Entry : NOV 24, 2008 POE: GUAM

Marriage : January 8, 2009

Comments : I AM LOVING COLORADO!!!

AOS (I-485, I-765, I-131)

AOS Packet Sent: Feb 21, 2009

NOA1 Received in the mail: Mar 2, 2009

Biometrics appointment letter received: Mar 9, 2009

Biometrics: Mar 25, 2009

Advance Parole Approved: Apr 29, 2009

EAD Approval Date: May 6, 2009

Advance Parole received in the mail: May 7, 2009

Interview: July 20, 2009 APPROVED

Card Production Ordered: July 21, 2009

Welcome to America Letter Received: July 27, 2009

fortcollins5.jpg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my in-laws are great. even before i went to the US, my mom-in-law and my bro-in-law's wife and my husband's nieces were already e-mailing me. so i kinda knew about the family already. when my hubby went to visit me last Christmas, my mom-in-law sent my family baked goodies that she, herself, made. they were also monitoring the progress of our k-1 visa application and would always be happy when we have some news about it.

i met my in-laws the day after we arrived here in colorado, and my mom-in-law hugged me and welcomed me to the family. my dad-in-law also welcomed me. then we went around to meet the whole family (my hubby's brothers and their families). and they were the ones who prepared for my wedding here.

all my in-laws are great, my new nieces and nephew are all good and i adore them a lot. they are all making sure that i'm coping well here. and my hubby always teases me that his family loves me better than they love him. lolz. oh! well... :innocent::innocent::innocent:

note: i'm replying in english so if my hubby reads this, he knows what i'm saying... :blush::star:

"... for our Love conquered both Time and Distance."

I met my mom-in-law four times only ever since I got here in 2007 because she lives 500 miles away. I spent 2 christmases with her, a family reunion in 2008 and the first time Bill brought me to LA to see the rest of his family. Mary Jane 83 years old and was widowed twice. One thing I can say about her is she likes to talk which I like too because we both like to talk about everything that's going on in our lives. And she likes to drink champagne.We get to talk to her on the phone only. Bill's dad died when he was 5 years old. :star: She gave me a crock pot as a christmas gift because she got a hint that I am not much of a cook. :blush:

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi fellow VJ's its nice to know how our in-laws loves us and vice versa. My mother in law is wonderful even she is a little shy type. We talked on the phone when i was still in the Phils. We exchange cards for special occasions. We live close to her house and the first time we spent there for a night, she wanted us to sleep on her master's bedroom and she'll sleep in my husbands old room. Maybe she tought that Im so picky but I didnt let her to do that. She is now starting to teach me patiently on how to drive coz my husband said that only my mom in law can drive slow in the family, lol. I have 2 sister in law and they are cool too. The youngest which is the same age as me lives with her and the eldest lives on the next door. My husband spent the holiday in the Phil. last year and most of the stuff in his luggage were all gifts fom my in-laws. My favorite gift was the one from my mom in law, it was a cooking scrap book where you can write your own recipe or a recipe that you learn from others, because she knows that i love watching cooking shows, though Im not a good cook like her hehe. But anyway when i open the book I saw a scan picture of my husband when he was 5 years old on the first page and the rest was her shared recipe's. It was funny because i didnt even recognize the picture until my husband told me it was him. I never had a chance to meet my father in law because he left them when my husband was only 17 years old and he never bother to see them anymore even he only lives on the same town with his new family. This is the sad part too, he even ignored his kids if he see them in the store or in the street like a strangers, kinda weird but its true. My husband said he is a tough guy, he beats them when they were a kid even my mom in law so it dont matter if i dont see him coz for sure he would never care.

Hey girls, Magaganda tayong mga Filipina inside and out so stop saying you're not pretty.

3monthsartwork-1.jpg

v9gkhecyd215seuv.png

Hi fellow VJ's its nice to know how our in-laws loves us and vice versa. My mother in law is wonderful even she is a little shy type. We talked on the phone when i was still in the Phils. We exchange cards for special occasions. We live close to her house and the first time we spent there for a night, she wanted us to sleep on her master's bedroom and she'll sleep in my husbands old room. Maybe she tought that Im so picky but I didnt let her to do that. She is now starting to teach me patiently on how to drive coz my husband said that only my mom in law can drive slow in the family, lol. I have 2 sister in law and they are cool too. The youngest which is the same age as me lives with her and the eldest lives on the next door. My husband spent the holiday in the Phil. last year and most of the stuff in his luggage were all gifts fom my in-laws. My favorite gift was the one from my mom in law, it was a cooking scrap book where you can write your own recipe or a recipe that you learn from others, because she knows that i love watching cooking shows, though Im not a good cook like her hehe. But anyway when i open the book I saw a scan picture of my husband when he was 5 years old on the first page and the rest was her shared recipe's. It was funny because i didnt even recognize the picture until my husband told me it was him. I never had a chance to meet my father in law because he left them when my husband was only 17 years old and he never bother to see them anymore even he only lives on the same town with his new family. This is the sad part too, he even ignored his kids if he see them in the store or in the street like a strangers, kinda weird but its true. My husband said he is a tough guy, he beats them when they were a kid even my mom in law so it dont matter if i dont see him coz for sure he would never care.

Hey girls, Magaganda tayong mga Filipina inside and out so stop saying you're not pretty.

Nice meeting you here Brettanne, When I was in PI, my Mom in-law sent me a photo album and it has a cute little picture with two kids. Those two kids were really really cute. Then I thought the one little kid was a girl. I realized that it was my husband when he was 4 years old. :lol: He really look like a very cute little girl. LOL, I really love his eyes! (L)

Kev n Jena

thumb_Kyle_John_1_email.jpgthumb_Img_2057_web.jpgthumb_Pictures_429.jpg

hypocrit - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Pet Peeve for 2011 - supercilious, contemptuous, arrogant, attitudes.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

MY IN-Laws are AWESOME!!

When i was still in PI they sent me b-day and xmas presents.. even to my parents and sisters. When i got here my sister-in-law and mom-in-law brought me to the mall and we did shopping. We still do shopping once or twice a week. Super spoiled nga yata ako they provide me of everything. When hubbs and i go to his parents house, lagi kami may uwi grocery. Pinag-grocery naman kami ng mom nya before we get to their house. I am super close with my in-laws and they super love and care for me.

:D

Soy la casa de mi amado y mi amado es mío.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Nice meeting you here Brettanne, When I was in PI, my Mom in-law sent me a photo album and it has a cute little picture with two kids. Those two kids were really really cute. Then I thought the one little kid was a girl. I realized that it was my husband when he was 4 years old. :lol: He really look like a very cute little girl. LOL, I really love his eyes! (L)

LOL, yes the picture of my husband too was like a little girl thats why i didnt recognize him. Maybe because their skin tone are really white that they look a girl hehe.

3monthsartwork-1.jpg

v9gkhecyd215seuv.png

I met my mom-in-law four times only ever since I got here in 2007 because she lives 500 miles away. I spent 2 christmases with her, a family reunion in 2008 and the first time Bill brought me to LA to see the rest of his family. Mary Jane 83 years old and was widowed twice. One thing I can say about her is she likes to talk which I like too because we both like to talk about everything that's going on in our lives. And she likes to drink champagne.We get to talk to her on the phone only. Bill's dad died when he was 5 years old. :star: She gave me a crock pot as a christmas gift because she got a hint that I am not much of a cook. :blush:

My in-laws live about an hour from us. We just usually visit when we have party and it's always a good party with lots of food! My Mom and Dad in-laws are a good cooks. I only have one Sister in-law and she also is a good cook and she likes to cook asian food just for me. :dancing: Oh, Btw, My husband is also a good cook and I love his cooking a lot! :dance:

Edited by kev_n_jena

Kev n Jena

hypocrit - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

LOL, yes the picture of my husband too was like a little girl thats why i didnt recognize him. Maybe because their skin tone are really white that they look a girl hehe.

Absolutely! :thumbs::)

Kev n Jena

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Pasali din ako hehe..

my in-laws they are sooooooooooooo great!!!

when i was in the Phils. my mom in law sent me a necklace

then pagdating ko ng USA me cake p sya ginawa saying WELCOME HOME

and my dad-in-law lagi niya kami treat ni hubby kumain s labas, manood ng sine...

and eto ang pnaka touching....

biruin ninyo s bahay nila kami tumira ni hubby pero sila ang lumipat at binigay s min ung bahay nila!!!

me instant house n kami hehehe

ang latest binigay nila s kin c casper (pusa ni dad in law hehe)

glitterfy095314972D33.gif

add ko lang ha, yesterday my mom in law took me to shopping mall ang shopped me some summer clothes and nike sneaker, how sweet was shy knowing how much she spent for the stuff but she said no problem thats her treat to me.... shes wonderful to me...

Hi Pasali din ako hehe..

and my dad-in-law lagi niya kami treat ni hubby kumain s labas, manood ng sine...

biruin ninyo s bahay nila kami tumira ni hubby pero sila ang lumipat at binigay s min ung bahay nila!!!

Good for you guys. My in-laws has lot's of cats. There are some with no tails I know cats are very cute but I'm just contented with one pet (our smart border collie). Welcome to VJ :thumbs: BTW, your cat looks so cute.

Edited by kev_n_jena

Kev n Jena

hellooo

sa akin naman hindi ko pa nameet c father inlaw in person kc nasa pensylvania xa nakatira i hope this coming september bibisitahin namin c father inlaw ko i hope ok c father inlaw....

godbless to all.....

Hi Pasali din ako hehe..

Good for you guys. My in-laws has lot's of cats. There are some with no tails I know cats are very cute but I'm just contented with one pet (our smart border collie). Welcome to VJ :thumbs: BTW, your cat looks so cute.

Ganyan dinyung pusa ng kapitbahay namin. Naglalaro kami ng mga pusa sa kapitbahay namin kasi ayaw ni hubby ng kittiy cat. 500 miles ang layo ni mother in law ko kaya meron ako instant mom-in-law dito sa kapit bahay namin at madami siya alagang pusa. Yung isa sa kanila nakasuot ng white na socks.

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's nice to know that your in-laws are nice to you.

I hope my soon to be in-laws will be nice to me also. Hehehe...I've only talked to them once, most probably the 2nd time will be this coming father's day since my fiance requested me to greet his dad. They seem nice though the 1st time I talked to them on the phone. My fiance is actually surprised that his parents are so warm towards me since his parents, most especially his mom, never liked anyone he dated, even his ex-wife. His parents even sent my parents a snail mail saying that they can't wait to meet me and welcome me to the family. They also assured my parents that they will treat me as their own daughter when I got there. His mom even told him to tell me that she wants me call her mom instead but honestly, I'm not so comfortable about it still...

Anyways, when the time comes, we'll be living in a different state, about 8 hour drive from his parents place so my fiance said that I shouldn't worry much about dealing with them. But of course, I would still want us to have a harmonious relationship with his family.

Wish me luck!!! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.