srogue

Police Clearance question for Phils.

8 posts in this topic

Hello guys,

My wife and I are working on getting the papers together for the next stage of our CR1/IR1 visa. I know the next step involves police clearances. Other than the NBI clearance, what does she need to get? Does she need Barangay clearance too? Also, since she is married, does she need a clearance in both married and unmarried names? How does she do this? I know for the NBI, they have a space for other names etc, but what about the barangay clearance?

Thanks much!

Filed: Timeline
Hello guys,

My wife and I are working on getting the papers together for the next stage of our CR1/IR1 visa. I know the next step involves police clearances. Other than the NBI clearance, what does she need to get? Does she need Barangay clearance too? Also, since she is married, does she need a clearance in both married and unmarried names? How does she do this? I know for the NBI, they have a space for other names etc, but what about the barangay clearance?

Thanks much!

As far for K-1, the NBI Clearance is enough if it comes back clear, you have not spent an extended period overseas, or visited China. I don't know if the NVC has additional requirements.

Filed: Timeline
Hello guys,

Thanks much!

No need for barangay clearance.

Yes, she needs NBI clearance for both her married and maiden name, she just need to go to the nearest NBI office,just bring ID ofcourse

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello guys,

Thanks much!

No need for barangay clearance.

Yes, she needs NBI clearance for both her married and maiden name, she just need to go to the nearest NBI office,just bring ID ofcourse

hi ,,

as long as you have your nbi ..police clearance is not necessary..goodluck

1919m3v26vlf5u.gif

--------------------

01-25-2008 =I-129f sent to CSC

01-28-2008 = CSC recieved petition

02-05-2006 =Noa1

06-02-2008 =touched

06-03-2008 =touched

06-10-2008 = NOA2

06-17-2008 = NVC harcdcopy

07-03-2008 = medical (passed)

07-09-2008- Paid DV

07-16-2008 - DV Forward to NSO

08-05-2008= Interview

08-20-2008 = visa printed

08-21-2008 = VISA ON HAND ( my birthday too)

09-02-2008- flight to USA

10-18- 2008= wedding

Hello guys,

Thanks much!

uote]

Hi! I'm on CR1 visa too. In my case, they just asked for my NBI only. No need for barangay clearance. You can prepare also for police clearance in case she'll be asking for it. What I did is I get these all clearance all under married name. :)

Hi there.

She only needs NBI Clearance. Both her names, married and unmarried, must appear. If your wife has not requested for an NBI Clearance between the time you guys married and the time the NVC contacted you re: her medicals and interview, then at the NBI, she has to inform them of her change of name (because of marriage), and request for a clearance where both her names will appear. They will only issue one certificate, but both names will be there. :)

Same applies when you are Filipino and been previously married.

Hope this helps.

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

No need for Barangay Clearance :no: NBI will only issue 1 clearance for her (which states her maiden name AND married name on it). If this is her first time to get NBI Clearance under her married name then don't forget to tell her to bring NSO Married Cert. (as proof of being married) and ID/s.

Good Luck! :star:

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Thanks so much for the information guys, this is exactly what I needed to know. So, she is now off getting her poilce and barangay clearances just for "in case" for herself, and the NBI in her maiden and married names to mail to me.

So, just to make it sure before I have her mail me the documents, are the only things I need from her to send to the NVC for my CR1/IR1, are:

NSO Birth Certificate, NBI Clearance, Marriage Certificate, Scanned image of her Biography page of her passport once it processes, filled out and signed DS-230, and 2 US style passport photos. If I am forgetting anything, let me know. Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.