2 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

So what happens next...

My husband picked up his visa earlier this week and we plan to have him arrive in the US on the 18th. The visa received is the CR1. What is his work authorization? Is that just the visa that they put in his passport or is that received later after he has arrived?

I guess we're just so used to having a guide to follow and needing to do things that I'm just not sure what we should be doing right now or what he should make sure to bring as documents for things that he will need in the future from Morocco.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense.... I hope it does though :)

Thanks everyone!

When he enters the US, the visa will be stamped and will become his temporary green card for a year from entry until he gets his real one in the post (minus long delays). He is free to work. Just got to your local SSA office to get his a social security number. You will get that within 10 days.

Congrats by the way!

Edited by darkequitus

04-22-2000 – Met

06-11-2007 - Son Born

10-22-2008 – Married

12-02-2008 – I-130 Sent

01-29-2009 – I-130 Approved

03-29-2009 – Visa Received

04-29-2009 – US Entry

04-29-2011 – Filed to remove Green Card Conditions

07-20-2011 - Lifting of Green Card conditions

03-21-2012 – I-400 Filed

05-09-2012 – Bio

06-18-2012 - Naturalization Interview - PASSED

07-27-2012 - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.