8 posts in this topic

Dear VJers,

I haven't posted in such a long time... but I'm happy to say that my application to remove conditions filed on January 28, 2009 was approved without RFE. Funny because I was checking online yesterday and my status still said pending (Feb 25, 09) When I got home last night, I found a letter from USCIS saying I've been approved. Decision date was May 26, 2009.... In the letter it told me to check to make sure my name and address is correct. They didn't spell out my full first name but ony put my first initial... is that ok??? I did put my full name and the name that I want to appear on my green card on the application!?

Does your approval letter spell out your entire first name? There is two parts to my first name (e.g. C.K.) but they only put C. Is that oK?

I-130 Sent : July 17, 06

NOA1 : July 27

Nov 22, file is 'pending'

Nov 28, Touched

Dec 4, APPROVED!!!! ^__^

Dec 6, NVC Case Number Assigned

Dec 18, DS-3032 & AOS bill sent

Dec 21, NVC accepted choice of agent via email

Dec 22, Sent AOS bill using James' shortcuts

Dec 25, IV Bill Generated

Jan 9, Sent I-864 using James' shortcuts

Jan 15, IV bill arrived

Jan 16, IV Bill Paid

Jan 19, IV bill processed

Jan 22, I-864 being reviewed

Jan 29, Sent DS-230 using James' shortcuts

Feb 13, CASE COMPLETED!!

Apr 13, INTERVIEW - APPROVED!!

Apr 28, Entered USA, POE Vancouver. Told that my visa stamp serves as a temporary Green Card.

I-129F Sent : Aug 20, 06

NOA1 : Aug 31, 06

Oct 23, 06, received email that case forwarded to CSC

Oct 27, 06, received email saying that case has reached CSC

Nov 22, 06, note said file received and pending

Dec 13, 06, Touched with same note as above

ABANDONING K3

I-751 Sent on Jan 28, 09 to remove conditions

Feb 1 - Check cashed

Feb 25 - Biometrics

Jun 1 - Approved! (Decision date was May 26, 09)

Now waiting for green card...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Great!

How about adding that to the statistics?

:time:http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=25424

Many government agencies abbreviate first name.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Same thing happened to me. I would not worry about it. I guess that how they mail the approval lately. first initial and then last name.

Hope you ll receive the card soon

"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people."

Dear VJers,

I haven't posted in such a long time... but I'm happy to say that my application to remove conditions filed on January 28, 2009 was approved without RFE. Funny because I was checking online yesterday and my status still said pending (Feb 25, 09) When I got home last night, I found a letter from USCIS saying I've been approved. Decision date was May 26, 2009.... In the letter it told me to check to make sure my name and address is correct. They didn't spell out my full first name but ony put my first initial... is that ok??? I did put my full name and the name that I want to appear on my green card on the application!?

Does your approval letter spell out your entire first name? There is two parts to my first name (e.g. C.K.) but they only put C. Is that oK?

Congratulation..

I sent my application May 28th, 2009.. you said you was checking it online. How is that? I get confirmation that it was received by USPS tracking number because I sued money order not personal check i do not know if they cash it or no..

Congratulations again and best wishes..

Hi Our Mao,

First of all Congratutions!!!. At 1st I thought your were VSC, but you were at CSC. I think VSC will be done with Jan cases by 3rd week of this month by looking at recent approvals.

Sorry if my post sounded confusing. My 2 year green card expired on Apr 28, 2009. On Jan 28, 09 we filed to remove the conditions. Sent the application with evidence overnight to CSC. Early Feb, we got the NOA saying it's automatically renewed for a year. The NOA has your case number on it. . you can sign up at USCIS for an online update. I added my case number on USCIS's website so I can track the status of my applicatoin online.

In late Jan, (forgot the exact date), got the letter telling me to get my biometrics done. Got my biometrics done in Feb, 09. On Feb 25, 09, that was the final update I got after the biometics saying it's received and pending... then it was nothing for March.. April... May.. and yesterday, I checked my mail at home and got the approval letter. The decision date was May 26, 2009.

When I checked online on Jun 1, it still said received and pending and touched in Feb, 09.

I guess what I'm seeing is the approval is not in sync with the online status so just because your online status is not moving.. dont despair!

Dear VJers,

Congratulation..

I sent my application May 28th, 2009.. you said you was checking it online. How is that? I get confirmation that it was received by USPS tracking number because I sued money order not personal check i do not know if they cash it or no..

Congratulations again and best wishes..

Edited by Our Mao

Nov 28, Touched

Dec 4, APPROVED!!!! ^__^

Jan 15, IV bill arrived

Jan 16, IV Bill Paid

Feb 13, CASE COMPLETED!!

Apr 28, Entered USA, POE Vancouver. Told that my visa stamp serves as a temporary Green Card.

ABANDONING K3

Feb 1 - Check cashed

Feb 25 - Biometrics

Thanks Immigrant!

Yes, I filed from CSC. I hope you get your approval soon from VSC too! Crossing my fingers for ya!

Mao

Hi Our Mao,

First of all Congratutions!!!. At 1st I thought your were VSC, but you were at CSC. I think VSC will be done with Jan cases by 3rd week of this month by looking at recent approvals.

Nov 28, Touched

Dec 4, APPROVED!!!! ^__^

Jan 15, IV bill arrived

Jan 16, IV Bill Paid

Feb 13, CASE COMPLETED!!

ABANDONING K3

Feb 1 - Check cashed

Feb 25 - Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
Dear VJers,

Congrats! :dance:

[00] 01/15/12---N-400 Filed/Mailed Lewisville, TX Lockbox

[03] 01/18/12---N-400 Delivered @11.22AM Express mail (PD)

[05] 01/20/12---NOA Issued/Email & Text @10.43PM

[08] 01/23/12---Check Cashed

[09] 01/24/12---NOA Received by Mail

[11] 01/26/12---FP Notice Issued: Email/SMS ---@12.45PM

[15] 01/30/12---FP Notice Received by Mail

[33] 02/17/12---FP Appointment-Done!

[44] 02/28/12---In-line for Interview sched Email/SMS

[51] 03/06/12---Interview Scheduled Email

[54] 03/09/12---Interview Letter

[86] 04/10/12---Interview Date PASSED/APPROVED!!

[88] 04/12/12--Oath Scheduled Email & Text

Called USCIS and got OD info

[92] 04/16/12--Oath Letter Received

[102] 04/26/12-Oath Date I'm A USC!!

sgp9caqak15eagpv.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.