LateComer

PCC Problem - Ahmedabad India

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello friends.......

anyone in the same boat as I am or any advice.........

I have paid my IV Bill online and my wife went to get the PCC from passport office. She had to go through the local District office to get the paper before she can get the PCC from passport office.

Passport office is now asking for a checklist document from NVC that states the requirement of the PCC........

How do I get this checklist....... should I call NVC operator or just wait for the checklist???

Thanks in advance

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Checklist can be obtained from the us consulate website. The checklist is basically packet 3/4 which now can be downloaded from the website. It lists all required for nvc and interview. Goodluck.

Timeline
Hello friends.......

anyone in the same boat as I am or any advice.........

I have paid my IV Bill online and my wife went to get the PCC from passport office. She had to go through the local District office to get the paper before she can get the PCC from passport office.

Passport office is now asking for a checklist document from NVC that states the requirement of the PCC........

How do I get this checklist....... should I call NVC operator or just wait for the checklist???

Thanks in advance

When they say checklist it's not same as the one that you get in paket 3. They are actually asking for RFE. PCC from Passport office is not required to be subemitted to NVC, they know that Ahmedabad people ask for inverveiw letter to issue passport office PCC. You can submit your IV package with PCC from DSP's office and say in your cover letter that PCC from Passport office will be shown during intverview.

Timeline

Yes, psp312 is right. i submitted just local DSP PCC copy and said passport PCC will be brought at interview. NVC approved and completed the case without any problem. SO send in your D 230 with your documents and DSP PCC copy now. Don't worry about passport PCC to NVC now. But remember to keep original DSP PCC with you as Ahmedabad passport office will require to see it before they will issue their PCC. SO send in Certified true copy of DSP PCC instead of original, that's what I did and NVC competed the case. Waiting for interview date now.

Timeline
Yes, psp312 is right. i submitted just local DSP PCC copy and said passport PCC will be brought at interview. NVC approved and completed the case without any problem. SO send in your D 230 with your documents and DSP PCC copy now. Don't worry about passport PCC to NVC now. But remember to keep original DSP PCC with you as Ahmedabad passport office will require to see it before they will issue their PCC. SO send in Certified true copy of DSP PCC instead of original, that's what I did and NVC competed the case. Waiting for interview date now.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!, that helps a lot........

Best Wishes for all........

Timeline

The only thing Ahmedabad passport office really wants to see is any letter of NVC that has been addressed to th ebeneficiary in India. If in India, your spouse has received any letter with her Indian address, she can apply for passport PCC. But if you all have is US address on NVC letter, then they want either checklist or interview letter and that too with Indian address on it not US address.

My wife applied for passport PCC and after all documents were Wednesday, and she received her PCC Monday. SO it takes about 4-5 days at most, atleast for US.

I DON'T KNOW YOU KNOW OR NOT. BUT AHMEDBAD PASSPORT OFFICE REQUIRES MARRIED PASSPORT WHEHTER HUSBAND OR WIFE BEFORE PCC IS ISSUED. If wife passport is still in father's name, they will NOT issue PCC no matter how much you argue. if your husband passport do not indicate his wife name, they will NOT issue PCC. So make sure wife and husband passport whichever is married passport.

But for NVC process now, submit your original documents, DS 230 Part I and II and certified true copy of DSP passport PCC to speed up process. if your case gets completed before June 15, you may well be at a chance of late July or in August interview. Remember you need to also send in photocopies of all documents with originals to NVC with your DS 230.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

hi

well im applying for PCC in chandigarh passport office... wot u think they ask for ? and how long does they take ? i have already got a police clearence from distric police office

IR-1/CR-1

2008-12-24 - Marriage
2009-03-12 - I-130 Approved
2009-05-29 - Pay IV Bill
2009-09-30 - Case Completed at NVC
2009-10-14 - Packet 4 Received
2009-11-16 - Interview Date

Interview Result - Approved
2010-01-09 - US Entry
Port of Entry - JFK

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office - Vermont Service Center
Date Filed - 2011-10-08
Date Approved - 2012-07-30
Green card received - 2012-08-01

Citizenship

N400 filled - 2013-08-09
NOA - 2013-08-12
Biometrics -2013-09-05

• 3 months later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I have an issue with the PCC requirement as my wife is currently out of India visiting her parents. Her locality is South India and I was wondering if it is possible for us to get the PCC from the Passport Office, use that to fulfill the NVC PCC requirement and state in the cover letter to the NVC that we will submit the regional PCC during the interview. Or is it not possible to obtain a PCC from the Passport Office without a regional PCC?

Thanks!

Go to profile & see "Our Story" section for entire Immigration history

• 6 months later...
Timeline

I'm reviving this old thread to ask about the specifics of getting a local PCC from a police station in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.

My wife inquired at a local police station there and they said to follow these steps:

1) go to shahibag police station

2) take 3 true copies of your passport, photos, and original passport

3) they give you a paper

4) go to local area police station (maninagar in my case)

5) take witness and their ID and residence proof, and give the paper from shahibag

6) they do the inquiry and send the report to shahibag

7) shahibag station gives you PCC!!!

Does this sound right? Has anyone experience this process? How long does it take to get the PCC?

I haven't seen the details of this procedure posted anywhere, so I hope this helps someone.

USCIS Journey

=========================

2010-01-25 - Notice of Action (NOA1)

2010-03-23 - Notice of Action (NOA2) !!!

NVC Journey

=========================

2010-03-30 - NVC case# assigned

2010-04-01 - Emails given to the NVC

2010-04-05 - DS-3032 sent via Email

2010-04-08 - AOS Fee Bill Recieved

2010-04-09 - AOS Fee Bill IN PROCESS

2010-04-12 - AOS Fee Bill PAID - Printed Cover Sheet

2010-04-19 - AOS Form Delivered to NVC, DS-3032 resent

2010-04-22 - DS-3032 accepted FINALLY!

2010-04-22 - IV Fee Bill generated and IN PROCESS!

2010-04-23 - IV Fee Bill PAID

2010-04-26 - IV Packet 3, DS230 (Packet 3) recieved, Wifey can FINALLY get PCC from Stupid Bureaucratic AMD PO! only an appt./checklist letter will work... booo!

2010-04-28 - IV Packet sent! recieved updated ds230 (02-2010 edition) from wife

2010-05-04 - FALSE RFE for DS-230 (checklist letter); wife was able to use this "checklist" to apply for the passport office PCC (absolutely ridiculous!)

2010-05-04 - IV Packet entered into AVR

2010-05-14 - RFE according to AVR!!! Passport Office PCC required... called NVC... they said this will be "supervisor review" :( :(

2010-05-21 - SIF!!!@ 1:55PM PST

2010-05-24 - Interview on July 13th, 2010! Thank you god!

2010-06-15 - Medical

2010-06-29 - Submit docs at VFS office.

2010-07-13 - Interview at Mumbai embassy - APPROVED!

2010-08-13 - POE @ SFO

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.