11 posts in this topic

I called all the Civil Surgeons in our area to compare prices and found out one, Dr. Carlos E Gray (Oltorf Medical Clinic), who'd only charge $175 for physical exam including bloodwork but doesn't do Tubersulin Skin Testing. He's the cheapest that I found.

Now, my question is, since we need TST (for me and my son), can I go to a different Civil Surgeon? Would that make things complicated or what? Because Dr. Arnold only charges $20 for TST but $230 for physical exam and bloodwork.

I need your opinion. :help:

Feb 07 - met my Dream Guy

Jun 08 - arrived in the US

Jul 08 - ♥♥♥ WEDDING DAY ♥♥♥

Jul 09 - Temp GC received

Mar 12 - 10 yr GC received

Aug 13 - Naturalized

Is he on this list?

Dedicated civil doctors

Edited by Bobby_Umit

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Is he on this list?

Designated civil doctors

Dr. Gray, yes he is. So as Dr. Arnold where we're planning to do the TST.

Aug 13 - Naturalized

Well - from my understanding, if they are "ok" by USCIS, your ok to use them.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Well - from my understanding, if they are "ok" by USCIS, your ok to use them.

Ok, so I can have physical exam and bloodwork done with Dr. Gray, then the TST with Dr. Arnold? If so, who would fill and transcribe the vaccination (all done) in the I-693 form?

Aug 13 - Naturalized

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

My insurance does not cover the cost at the civil surgeon's office which I know is crazy expensive. So, the civil surgeon that I am planning to use advised me to get my remaining vaccination (tetanus) and my bloodwork (HIV and Syphilis) done at my own family physician or at the county's Health Department if I want to save money. Then I must go back to the civil surgeon's office to do my physical and TST and have everything else transcribed into I-693. I just need to have all my records with me.

I guess I am going to do just that since she (the civil surgeon) allows that. I am looking at saving $133 if I follow her advice. So.... why not?

Cheers...

“You need to be aware of what others are doing, applaud their efforts, acknowledge their successes, and encourage them in their pursuits. When we all help one another, everybody wins.” - Jim Stovall -

Our Journey

2008-08-15 .......... Married on K-1!!!!

2009-08-28 .......... Sent AOS (I-485 and I-765) Application to Chicago

2009-09-11 .......... NOA 1 for I-485 and I-765

2009-09-25 .......... Biometrics Appointment in Charlotte, NC (walk-in)

2009-10-08 .......... EAD Approved (CRIS update)

2009-10-08 .......... I-485 Touched, I-485 Case transferred to CSC (CRIS update)

2009-10-09 .......... Biometrics Appointment #2 in Charlotte, NC (walk-in)

2009-10-15 .......... I-485 Case transferred to USCIS office

2009-10-16 .......... I-485 Touched, EAD card arrived in the mail

2009-10-19 .......... I-485 Touched

2009-11-04 .......... I-485 Touched

2009-11-05 .......... I-485 RFE (CRIS update)

2009-11-06 .......... I-485 Touched

2009-11-10 .......... RFE arrived in the mail

2009-11-12 .......... RFE response sent back to CSC

2009-11-17 .......... RFE Received at CSC (CRIS update)

2009-11-18 .......... I-485 Touched

2009-11-23 .......... I-485 Notice that new permanent resident status has been registered

2009-11-24 .......... I-485 Card production ordered

2009-11-25 .......... I-485 Touched

2009-11-30 .......... I-485 Approval Notice sent, Permanent Resident Card in the mail!!!

My insurance does not cover the cost at the civil surgeon's office which I know is crazy expensive. So, the civil surgeon that I am planning to use advised me to get my remaining vaccination (tetanus) and my bloodwork (HIV and Syphilis) done at my own family physician or at the county's Health Department if I want to save money. Then I must go back to the civil surgeon's office to do my physical and TST and have everything else transcribed into I-693. I just need to have all my records with me.

I guess I am going to do just that since she (the civil surgeon) allows that. I am looking at saving $133 if I follow her advice. So.... why not?

Cheers...

Good, at least you were referred. I haven't gone to any CS yet, just trying to figure which is best for us, price and convenience wise. :unsure:

Aug 13 - Naturalized

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Try to find a civil surgeon suggested by your local uscis office. Like here in Las vegas, the USCIS office has an authorized civil surgeon who works with them and they normal charge less than the other. Their office is just right besides USCIS. I am talking about Dr. Topigh at Pepper Lane, LV, NV. Maybe you can also find one in your place.

Eternally destined,

Angel&Saint

MY K1 TIMELINE

AOS

CIS Office : Chicago IL

Date Filed : 2009-02-04

NOA Date : 2009-02-06

Bio. Appt. : 2009-03-03

Interview Date : 2009-05-19

Approved :2009-05-19

Got I551 Stamp : yes

Greencard Received:2009-06-26

EAD

CIS Office : Chicago IL

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

Date Filed : 2009-02-04

NOA Date : 2009-02-06

Bio. Appt. : 2009-03-03

Approved Date : 2009-04-01

Date Card Received :2009-04-13

Try to find a civil surgeon suggested by your local uscis office. Like here in Las vegas, the USCIS office has an authorized civil surgeon who works with them and they normal charge less than the other. Their office is just right besides USCIS. I am talking about Dr. Topigh at Pepper Lane, LV, NV. Maybe you can also find one in your place.

Thanks for the advise but the nearest Local INS office to us is about 2-hour drive away from us.

Aug 13 - Naturalized

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Cheers...

Good, at least you were referred. I haven't gone to any CS yet, just trying to figure which is best for us, price and convenience wise. :unsure:

Here in Charlotte, according to the list, there a lot a of places we can go but most of them serviced by the same doctors at different locations. So I ended up making only 2 calls to find out the price and what they do. One place doesn't seem know much and charges $300 or more and the second place charges $238 for everything and the nurse answered each and every question to my satisfaction.

I have made calls to the County Health Dept after making the previous post and it seems that making an appointment and getting the results back is totally time consuming. I am talking about 2-3 weeks. So my husband and I decided to do everything at the civil surgeon's office to save time and cut the running around from one place to another and most importantly to minimize stress. I have my appointment scheduled for tomorrow morning and if everything goes well and "normal" I should have the sealed envelope back by Friday, reading to be sent in!

Good luck to you and hope you find the best place.

Cheers!

“You need to be aware of what others are doing, applaud their efforts, acknowledge their successes, and encourage them in their pursuits. When we all help one another, everybody wins.” - Jim Stovall -

Our Journey

2008-08-15 .......... Married on K-1!!!!

2009-08-28 .......... Sent AOS (I-485 and I-765) Application to Chicago

2009-09-11 .......... NOA 1 for I-485 and I-765

2009-09-25 .......... Biometrics Appointment in Charlotte, NC (walk-in)

2009-10-08 .......... EAD Approved (CRIS update)

2009-10-08 .......... I-485 Touched, I-485 Case transferred to CSC (CRIS update)

2009-10-09 .......... Biometrics Appointment #2 in Charlotte, NC (walk-in)

2009-10-15 .......... I-485 Case transferred to USCIS office

2009-10-16 .......... I-485 Touched, EAD card arrived in the mail

2009-10-19 .......... I-485 Touched

2009-11-04 .......... I-485 Touched

2009-11-05 .......... I-485 RFE (CRIS update)

2009-11-06 .......... I-485 Touched

2009-11-10 .......... RFE arrived in the mail

2009-11-12 .......... RFE response sent back to CSC

2009-11-17 .......... RFE Received at CSC (CRIS update)

2009-11-18 .......... I-485 Touched

2009-11-23 .......... I-485 Notice that new permanent resident status has been registered

2009-11-24 .......... I-485 Card production ordered

2009-11-25 .......... I-485 Touched

2009-11-30 .......... I-485 Approval Notice sent, Permanent Resident Card in the mail!!!

Thanks for y'all replies.

So, I made the call myself earlier since I only asked my hubby to call them the other day. Then I found one who is an hour drive away from us, but he only charges $175 for everything already. So, he's the cheapest one I found and decided to just go to him. So, my problem is solve now. We'll have our exam on Thursday since cos it's my husband's off.

Again, thanks y'all for helping. :thumbs:

Aug 13 - Naturalized

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.