Completely

How do you balance work and family?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Back to the OP's question, it depends what your priorities are. For me I have to choose family over career for now. I would want to spend my time with my kids while they have not started school yet. Helping build their character while they grow up instead of nannies or daycare especially when I do not have immediate families to help me out. I can start going back to work a few years from now.

If I have help from my families in taking care of my kids, part-time work will be okay. Full-time job was too stressful for me and it affected my relationship with my husband. The reason I moved here is to be with him and start a family, not to work.

05/18/07 married

05/29/07 sent I-130s for me & my daughter at CSC

06/16/07 checks for I-130 cashed

06/19/07 sent I-129F not waiting for noa1 but with printed online copies of checks cashed

06/25/07 check for I-129f cashed

06/29/07 transferred I-129f to CSC

07/03/07 received noa1 in the mail for I-129f

10/31/07 approved K3 and my I-130 except for my daughter

11/05/07 received NOA2 in the mail

12/01/07 received mail from NVC/yey we got our case number

12/20/07 went to St. Lukes and had my early medical exam

01/30/08 schedule for medical

02/07/08 interview, approved!

02/12/08 visa pick-up/cfo

02/14/08 POE-LAX

06/19/08 AOS mailed thru USPS

06/22/08 AOS delivered to Chicago IL

06/28/08 check cashed

06/30/08 received NOA1 dated 06/25/08

07/26/08 biometrics appointment

09/09/08 received EAD card in the mail

12/03/08 received interview letter for Jan 21 2009

01/21/09 approved for conditional permanent residence

02/02/09 permanent residence card arrived in the mail

10/21/10 submit form to remove conditions

01/21/11 10 year gc received

03/05/12 mailed my N-400

03/06/12 received email that they have my N-400

04/05/12 biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Back to the OP's question, it depends what your priorities are. For me I have to choose family over career for now. I would want to spend my time with my kids while they have not started school yet. Helping build their character while they grow up instead of nannies or daycare especially when I do not have immediate families to help me out. I can start going back to work a few years from now.

If I have help from my families in taking care of my kids, part-time work will be okay. Full-time job was too stressful for me and it affected my relationship with my husband. The reason I moved here is to be with him and start a family, not to work.

Excellent Answer

How do you balance work and family?

I dont have work yet but in preparation for it, I'm working on my own methodology for kitchen management.

I'm fortunate that the methodology i'm thinking of was done by my mother in law while raising her 6 kids and yet working full time.

Just need to refine it a little bit based on my family needs.

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

i believe this thread is about sharing experiences... how do u handle this and that, its like sharing tips on how do you catch a fish or how do u hunt a hog successfully which i bet you dont learn it yourself right? if you learn everything yourself then you're an example of "man in an island" (instead of the saying "no man is an island" you're the opposite) where you can live alone and be happy... while the rest of the humanity is trying to blend in a build community and helping each other... so i hope you'd get it why we're asking this type of questions on this forum...

I just wish I have elaborated my question more.

I asked this question just out of nowhere, thinking that its been so long when I posted topic in this forum.,

I just posted this topic just to see how everyone is doing and coping up life in United States , who faced difficulties in their visa process, and took so long before they finally united with their loved ones.

I have never lived in the US, I've been there several times, but the visit does not lasted up to 3 weeks. We are blessed to have a job that support whatever we needs and been able to do things, and have a comfortable life overseas. I sometimes wonder the level of comfort we have here and wonder if things will be all right when we go back in the US.

As we all know, tayong mga pinoy, isa sa mga kultura (ewan ko kung kultura nga ba kung tawagin ito) hindi tayo nahihiya or sanay magkimkim ng saloobin. Bukas tayo para sa opinyon ng lahat, sa mga payo, at sa mga taong nais magbahagi ng ibat ibang karanasan. Ito minsan ang nagmumulat at nagpapatibay ng loob natin, ang marinig ang ibat ibang pahayag mula sa kababayan natin na nasa ibang bansa..Ito ay nagsisilbing tulong sa iba, na kahit paano ay nakakapagpabawas ng isipin na hindi tayo nag iisa. Hindi katulad nila, na kailangan bumayad pa ng mangagamot para ihinga lang ang nasa sa loob nila. Siguro ang ugaling ito ang isa sa tanging yaman ng pinoy na hindi makukuha ng ibang lahi.

ang hirap magtagalog. :P Ang iba kasi dito nambabatikos imbes na tumulong or magbigay ng pahayag. Pasensya na lang po at salamat sa lahat ng sumagot dito.

jamesfiretrucksg2.th.jpgthpix.gif

It is possible to do both, but it may be at the expense of your own quiet time or interesting hobbies, beyond family, of course! Mothers inherently are able to multi-task and this is a must for working moms at home and in the office. Try to stay current at work and don't put off to the last minute as invariably, that is when a crisis at home occurs. So when life is going well,I always appreciate the ease of my work schedule associated with a smooth running home and personal life

As for getting things done at work, I try very hard to be as efficient as possible. One can usually find ways to do things faster if you really need to..So i believe having a flexible,supportive spouse is the key!!:)

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.