107 posts in this topic

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Yes the visa thing bugs the ####### out of me. I'm getting a biz visa the next trip so I can have the time to run down a Resident Visa. We have the connections there to make it happen, I just have to get there and get started on it. Then it's summers in Russia and winters in So. CT. If we can swing the Summer house then Mama will have enough canned fruits and vegies to see her through the winter.

За Жезни С Смехом

I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

How does getting a business visa work when you get a residence visa? Is the rule about not being able to get another Russian visa for three (or is it six?) months after getting a business visa overrided by the fact that you have property in Russia?

Первый блин комом.

I guess, more importantly, my question is how are you going to pay for going back and forth between the two and changing countries every six months? How do you maintain more than one household? I understand it's possible to rent the property while you're gone, but assuming you kick out the tennants when you return, where does the income come from?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

I'll do some more research on the visa thing.

I'm retired. I have enough to do both.

If we get the summer house we'ld own it outright and close it up for the winter. My bride and her mom own their appartment where Mama lives. We would be renting a modest place here someplace that would be empty in the summer.

Right now we only have the outline of a plan and the desire to try to make it happen. I'm quite certain there will be many hurdles to overcome, but we'll cross those bridges when we get there. Irina is well connected there and we have the luxury of having good friends in right the right places who will help us as needed.

За Жезни С Смехом

The income is what's stopping me. I have more than 30 years of work left so it's not going to happen anytime soon. I'm not really sure what kind of work I could do in Russia and if I'm too poor for my wife here, I'd be way too poor there.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

The income is what's stopping me. I have more than 30 years of work left so it's not going to happen anytime soon. I'm not really sure what kind of work I could do in Russia and if I'm too poor for my wife here, I'd be way too poor there.

My Alla is worried that she'll only be able to work at McDonalds or clean toilets when she comes here. I've told her that I could come to Russia and maybe I could clean toilets. She said sorry the people from Mongolia do that already. Then I said I could grow and sell specialty fruit at the market. She said sorry people from Turkey already do that.

But, she has never had fresh Papaya; they do not have it in Russia at all. Ask your wife if she agrees.

Slim, maybe you and I could start a fresh Papaya importing and marketing business?

Phil

Edited by baron555

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

No, No, import Peanut Butter. They do not see it in Russia and everyone that tasted mine wanted some. I brought a case with me one trip; it was loved. It could be sold as a vendor or as import business to stores

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

How about hot sauces? I couldn't find anything good when I was there.

11/13/2009 -- Mailed I-129F

11/17/2009 -- Received NOA 1

02/10/2010 -- NOA 2 Mailed

02/16/2010 -- NOA 2 Received (via email)

02/19/2010 -- Petition forwarded to Moscow

04/23/2010 -- Scheduled Interview - SUCCESS

07/20/2010 -- Entrance to USA POE Anchorage

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

01/25/2011 -- AOS Interview - SUCCESS

Member of the RUB group, where high horses meet low brows.

Timeline

Sounds like a niche market is developing here. :devil:

What about popcorn (NOT the nuked stuff)?

A big bowl of hot buttered corn a Baltika 6 and my sweetie beside me on the divan, nothing better than that.

За Жезни С Смехом

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
There's already imported peanut butter.

We could not find it in Siberia or Eastern Russia; most we spoke with never tasted it but loved it.

You don't have to import it, I used to make my own. P-nut butter in and around Moscow was about $6 a jar for Skippy (Stockman's grocery) and $4-5 a jar for some funky tiny jar of "American Brand". I got tired of using up my luggage weight allowance to bring in stashes of the stuff so I started making my own. A 2 cup bag of salted peanuts is cheap over there, buzz them in the coffee grinder then add a few drops of sunflower oil. Presto! Fresh and chemical free natural p-nut butter.

But if you don't want to go into the food business (a lot of hassel bribing all the local thugs and government officials) Americans can make a good living teaching English. That's what I did for 5 years.

Feb 11, 2005 ZAGS wedding in Moscow

Aug 7,2005 married in the Cathedral in Dmitrov

June 27, 2008 mail I-130

July 11,2008 sent I-129F

Oct 2, 2008 Yuri received packets 3+4 from US Embassy Moscow

Nov 20, 2008 Interview....VISA APPROVED!!!!!!

Dec 10, 2008 Yuri arrived! No problems :)

April 20, 2009 mailed AOS

May 4, 2009 medical exam

May 21, 2009 biometrics done

June 5, 2009 received EAD by mail

Aug 10, 2009 interview-given greencard congradulations letter with stamp

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
I guess, more importantly, my question is how are you going to pay for going back and forth between the two and changing countries every six months? How do you maintain more than one household? I understand it's possible to rent the property while you're gone, but assuming you kick out the tennants when you return, where does the income come from?

We own our homes free and clear, we have retirement savings, we both are pretty lucky at getting quick jobs in either country, we are used to living well on very little and we have Aeroflot Bonus program in which we earn lots of discounts and free airfare.

Feb 11, 2005 ZAGS wedding in Moscow

Aug 7,2005 married in the Cathedral in Dmitrov

June 27, 2008 mail I-130

July 11,2008 sent I-129F

Oct 2, 2008 Yuri received packets 3+4 from US Embassy Moscow

Nov 20, 2008 Interview....VISA APPROVED!!!!!!

Dec 10, 2008 Yuri arrived! No problems :)

April 20, 2009 mailed AOS

May 4, 2009 medical exam

May 21, 2009 biometrics done

June 5, 2009 received EAD by mail

Aug 10, 2009 interview-given greencard congradulations letter with stamp

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.