munkeynutts

Surprisingly quick (if it happens!)

36 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well my guy is in the Navy currently but leaving on July 16th. I wish they would hurry it up because I want to go ahead and plan stuff...The waiting is killing me!

Thanks so much for the reply. I think my head is exploding with med school and visa... Eugh!

12/31/2009 - Married

01/08/2010- Mailed in AOS

01/13/2010- AOS received and sent back due to missing signature

01/22/2010- AOS arrives back at my house, signed, sent off again

01/27/2010- Receipt number given, huzzahhh! NOA1

01/29/2010- Money taken out :'(

02/02/2010- Touch

02/06/2010- Biometrics Appointment, 16th Feb at 2:00pm .... Also happens to be my 21st Birthday!!

02/07/2010- Sent in Medical to Chicago office

02/09/2010- Got a RFE for medical.....Sent reply letter 2 days earlier due to forgetting to include vaccination data.

02/10/2010- Sent a 2nd copy of medical to MO office.

02/16/2010- 21st birthday, Biometrics done, and a letter saying my case is on "hold" from the 7th of Feb, in a email...

02/17/2010- Touch

02/23/2010- Letter to congressman

02/24/2010- RFE Received and processing resumed.

02/25/2010- Case transferred to CSC

03/24/2010- Work permit printed

03/28/2010- Work permit received (After writing to the congressman...Again...)

07/01/2010- Call to Senator about Green card, Call to USCIS, Nothing... Told to wait another 2 months and then possibly another 4 months.

07/01/2010- Touch on I-485/Green card...

07/02/2010- Second touch on I-485/Green card, No notifications....

07/07/2010- Told at info pass that my application is being sent to west palm from CSC

07/10/2010- Touch I-485

07/14/2010- Touch on I-485

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Ok. Not as bad as I originally thought. Our lawyer is one of several very reliable lawyers on the Shell Legal Plan for Shell employees.

He says - "Processing times at the Vermont Service Center depends on how many other applications are ahead of you in line. Our clients have had their K-1 Visas processed in as little as a few weeks, and as long as 3 months".

We'll see how it goes, but like you all pretty much advise, I won't be complacent and too hopeful!

Thank. Martin.

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-05-27

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-05-29

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-10

I-797 Received: 2009-09-22

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-05

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-10

Packet 4 Received : 2010-01-06

Interview Date : 2010-02-03

Interview Result : Disastrous.

Only realised on the day that a full birth certificate was needed. My passport was too damaged, in the opinion of the interviewing officer (although it wasn't really that damaged at all!). Was told I needed to supply an I-134, completed by my fiancee (even though the embassy guidance notes specifically advises that K-1 applicants do not have to do this). Was told that I needed to supply my fiancee's tax return paperwork for year ending 2008 (even though K-1 applicants are not advised of this at all prior to interview!)

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received : 2010-02-24

US Entry : 2010-02-25

Marriage : 2010-03-22

Comments : Married at Harris County Courthouse on Clay Road by Judge William Yeoman. Then a lovely lunch at Bistro Alex, off Sam Houston Tollway, Houston, TX! Yummy!

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 115 days from your NOA1 date.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
I agree with the above poster. I am not going to be in the USA (If I pass!) until late 2009. There is no way they can do it in a few weeks. Even with Lawyers.

I love my lawyers to bits and they have sped up the process, but if your lawyers are saying it will take "weeks" I would double check who you are hiring.

I am actually in Bristol too and had my application received on May19th. And they told me I will not hear anything before October.

What about if it's expedited?

Expedited for what reason?

There has to be reason for USCIS to process an expedite.

Now you have got me confused... :unsure: Why would my case me expedited? And just to clarify that means sped up right? It will be my bad luck causing it not to speed up I guarantee.

And what are the USCIS reasons to process and Expedite??

Sorry for all the questions I am new to this and not to good with law (Med student!) so I am having a huge difficulty understanding things... I hired immigration lawyers to help because doing it on my own would be awful, and now I am glad I did :blush: ..

Don't be confused, I think they were just saying that the only way it could be faster was if it was expedited, but that is really hard to get. Usually reserved for military personnel who are put on active duty, so you didn't miss anything. I'm in med school too, but luckily we did all this before I started. No idea how you are doing it while in school! Yuck!

Put your papers in a Visa microwave and turn it up to HIGH and they will be done much faster :rofl:

Ok. Not as bad as I originally thought. Our lawyer is one of several very reliable lawyers on the Shell Legal Plan for Shell employees.

He says - "Processing times at the Vermont Service Center depends on how many other applications are ahead of you in line. Our clients have had their K-1 Visas processed in as little as a few weeks, and as long as 3 months".

We'll see how it goes, but like you all pretty much advise, I won't be complacent and too hopeful!

Thank. Martin.

As LONG as 3 months? Wow...what do they do? Stick $ bills in with the application? People lucky enough to be approved in three months coming out of Vermont are in the minority here. I got kinda lucky at being approved at 4 months. Look at the timelines and please please please dont make concrete plans based upon the abject positivity of professionals who are desperate to take your money.

I have been knocking around this site for the best part of 7 months now and have seen some very unhappy people on here who believed that the information they were given by lawyers could be taken at face value. I mean why wouldn't you take what they say to heart? They are professionals!!!! The simple fact of the matter is......no matter how smart your lawyer, as you yourself have said, it's all about waiting in line, hoping your lawyer doesn't miss anything (and they often do) and wishing for a bit of luck that VSC dont lose your app in a sea of others, or you dont get left behind.

I'm hopefully(!!!) nearing the end of my journey after 7 months of waiting. I consider myself very lucky to be this far along and although I had an extremely simple case, I still suffered the set back of being put in to administrative processing for a month (it's a black hole after you get your NOA 2 and effects relatively few and mostly random people)

Good luck with everything. I hope you are one of the lucky ones. keep your eye on the prize and it will all be worth it in the end.

PS..another west country filer here too. I work in bristol :)

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

Thank. Martin.

He's trying to sell his "services" to you.

You'll most likely be waiting longer than 3 months for your petition to be approved, and even after that, you still have to apply for the actual visa, which takes longer. I don't care how professional your lawyer is, the London consulate takes about a month just to get back to you AFTER you've been approved and submitted more paperwork.

You're looking at several months, please don't believe everything your lawyer says. There are several people on this site that have learned that lesson. It took me 9 months to get the visa (although part of that was because of delays in my paperwork, even without that, it would've taken about 8 months).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.