Tdot

NOA 2 received-- Nothing received from MTL yet

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi guys,

I have recently heard about Visajourney and wanted to join so i could see if anyone could help me with some questions that i had in mind...

Our NOA2 was approved on the 13th of May, but i have yet not received packet 3 from MTL.. should i be worried?

Also, what should i be expecting in the package? ..so i could maybe start preparing everything needed ..

When it comes to the police clearance.. do i need to get one from the country that i used to live at before, even if i moved to Canada couple of months before i turned 17?

My last question is.. if i wasn't born in Canada and i only have a copy of my Birth Certificate, Will i need the originals at the interview?

Thanks so much in advance..

Filed: Timeline

Welcome to VJ, Tdot. My experience is a tad out of date so I'm just going to refer you to the timeline section of the site.

You are required to have police clearance from every country you have lived in from the age of 16 so, yes, you will need one from your previous country.

You may be interested in reading this thread to see if any of your questions can be answered there:

K-1 People Waiting for Interviews at Montreal

iagree.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'll just add that, no you don't need to be worried. Your file has to travel through NVC BEFORE it goes to Montreal. That can take around a month (sometimes more sometimes less). Montreal is kinda sluggish compared to other consulates so I'd just sit back and look into the links krikit gave you and start collecting the documents you'll need for your interview. Don't panic, you have plenty of time.

3/5/11 sent LOC paperwork

3/9/11 date of NOA

?/?/?? biometrics appointment

Timeline

Just to let you know, I also received my NOA2 on May13th. I just called the NVC yeaterday to find out what day they received my file and what day it left for the Montreal consulate. I found out it left on the 18th. So I emailed the consulate and found out they have my file and packet 3 is being sent out to me shortly.

My advice would be to call the NVC and at least get your case #. If they give you one, email the consulate, it can't hurt.

I'm sure your packet 3 will get to you soon.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Welcome to VJ, Tdot.

Oh man.. I read this as "welcome to VJ idiot"..

:bonk: I need sleep!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
:rofl:

OMG. Thanks for that.

You are welcome!! :)

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

I applied January 29th and got my NOA1 on February 6th.

HAHA! That would be awesome if we had the same interview date. Probably not though just because I have to wait a little bit before filing the packet 3. I'm hoping packet 3 comes before i go in June but if not then everything will have to be filed more towards the end of July.

My in-laws are my co-sponsors and they have alot of financial stuff they are getting together and I want to make 200% sure I have everything before faxing the consulate.

But regardless, WE ARE MOVING ALONG WITH THE PROCESS! YAY! :star:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.