lgg

We are all wondering, I'm sure...

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So, I'm an avid reader of this forum both to inform myself of procedure and to educate myself as to how other people's like-cases are being processed and I'm wondering, as we all are... .

can we just assume that our files are being worked on? Once we have our NOA1, should be just sit back and think it will be what it'll be? I see so many of us, and us here at VJ are only about 5% of the total case load, really, wondering, pondering, fretting and such. Some people's cases take 3 months, some take a year so, how do we all work with the notion that we just have to sit back and wait and allow our files to be dealt with as they're meant to be?

I read cases of people getting RFEs and such and who believe that if they hadn't called, they would have not been sent their hard copy -- I read about people who've been approved but yet the case status (online) hasn't budged an inch? Should we call? They don't want us to. I've even heard about people who've been outright lied to by the USCIS regarding their file...

I'm just curious here as when I'm not working and such, it's what I do. I would love to call but I am the beneficiary and thus, can't. I won't bother my husband with calling as he's got it right -- it'll be what it'll be, calling doesn't help. He's calmer than I am, and that's a good thing.

So, if it doesn't help, why are we given the option? Why do they have the online case updating system? I'm just curious -- it's all a mystery to me.

To be frank? I'm okay with the waiting as I've have done so for a while now -- but the not knowing anything is what really puts a bee in my bonnet.

Anyway... just vocalizing -- hope everyone's coping well...

LGG

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

So, I'm an avid reader of this forum both to inform myself of procedure and to educate myself as to how other people's like-cases are being processed and I'm wondering, as we all are... .

can we just assume that our files are being worked on? Once we have our NOA1, should be just sit back and think it will be what it'll be? I see so many of us, and us here at VJ are only about 5% of the total case load, really, wondering, pondering, fretting and such. Some people's cases take 3 months, some take a year so, how do we all work with the notion that we just have to sit back and wait and allow our files to be dealt with as they're meant to be?

I read cases of people getting RFEs and such and who believe that if they hadn't called, they would have not been sent their hard copy -- I read about people who've been approved but yet the case status (online) hasn't budged an inch? Should we call? They don't want us to. I've even heard about people who've been outright lied to by the USCIS regarding their file...

I'm just curious here as when I'm not working and such, it's what I do. I would love to call but I am the beneficiary and thus, can't. I won't bother my husband with calling as he's got it right -- it'll be what it'll be, calling doesn't help. He's calmer than I am, and that's a good thing.

So, if it doesn't help, why are we given the option? Why do they have the online case updating system? I'm just curious -- it's all a mystery to me.

To be frank? I'm okay with the waiting as I've have done so for a while now -- but the not knowing anything is what really puts a bee in my bonnet.

Anyway... just vocalizing -- hope everyone's coping well...

LGG

LGG,

As you know, calling is the only way I found out about my RFE, and if I did not call, USCIS never would of been prompted to look to see why I have not received hardcopy of RFE in mail, then I would of been out of luck, with a closed filed.

Thus having to start this hellish journey all over again. So YES, calling does help in some cases, it SAVED my case.

The not knowing is the hardest part of this, wondering where is the petition, on a desk, mail room, used as a paper weight, or just plain lost at USCIS. One of the saddest part, is you an not rely on their computer system.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

you shouldn't feel too bad about not calling. while i once got a helpful operator who told me that it was on an adjudicator's desk, every other operator was useless. i called AFTER my approval and the operators could not see that it had been approved. i didn't find out until a week later when i got the hard copy of the NOA2. when some of them say they can only see what we can see online they might not be kidding. my case status still hasn't updated online, a month after approval. i'm sure if i called and spoke to an operator now they'd still tell me it's pending.

Naturalization

N-400 package mailed: 04/16/2013

N-400 package delivered: 04/16/2013

NOA1 date: 04/17/2013

Biometrics: 08/23/2013

Interview: 10/07/2013

Oath: 01/23/2014

DONE!

As every case is different so how it is handled can vary too. I believe the factors involved can be quite complex depending on individual circumstances. I of course do not know how the system works and I am really just guessing but I am fairly sure there is a filtering system whereby cases that require additional processing can indeed take longer. For example as both petitioner and beneficiary have to have background checks performed on them then some individuals backgrounds can be easy to determine whilst others may take longer to obtain results. When you factor in that just about every country in the world is involved then so can the processing difficulty factor vary.

Also when you consider the number of petitions that have to be adjudicated there is also times when the petitions workload is extreme. You also have a situation where you have to try and have a reasonable flow of interviews through a countries embassy. If for example all petitions were approved in a month then could the individual embassies cope with the workload? There is also to take into account how would US public opinion react if there was a constant stream of immigrants arriving in the country irrespective of the fact they were spouses of US citizens? As much as I don't like it (being separated) I do understand why there has to be a certain amount of restraint on immigration. Illegal immigration is indeed difficult to control and perhaps if there was less illegal immigration then there would indeed be "more space" for want of a better word for legal immigrants.

I personally do not have any bad feelings to illegal immigrants for they are but people like you and I, who perhaps did not have the same chances in life as we have had.

Best wishes to all

Arthur and Roberta

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

LGG,

I am in the same position you are. I hate the fact that your life is stagnant while you wait to be deemed "Worthy" of marriage. You are not alone in the endless questions and scenarios that play out in your mind. I feel I am very much like you in the sense that I just know that this is not going to be a smooth ride when you see all these horror stories on here. I have prepared for the worst, even relocating to Russia if necessary. I have found this site very inspiring and crushing all in the same breath. As in all of life all we can do is hope for the best.... To me this brings little to no comfort but I do find some comfort in knowing that I am not alone. I wish you and everyone here that they will have the desired outcome for what their hopes and dreams are. Good Luck.

K-1,VSC, Moscow Consulate

I-129F sent:2009-06-04

NOA1: 2009-06-09

NOA2: 2009-09-16

NVC Received: 2009-09-17

NVC Left: 2009-09-22

Consulate Received: 2009-09-25

Medical: IOM, Moscow, 2009-12-07

Interview: 2009-12-08

Visa Received: 2009-12-14

Arrival to USA: 2010-01-15

Marriage: 2010-03-27

AOS, EAD, AP

CIS Office: Charleston, SC

Filed AOS Package: 2010-05-26

NOA: 2010-06-04

Bio Appt: 2010-07-09

AOS Transfer to CSC: 2010-06-30

EAD Card Production Order: 2010-08-04

AP Received: 2010-08-09

ROC

I-751 sent: 2012-7-11

NOA-1: 2012-8-1

Bio-Appointment: 2012-9-19

LGG,

I am in the same position you are. I hate the fact that your life is stagnant while you wait to be deemed "Worthy" of marriage. You are not alone in the endless questions and scenarios that play out in your mind. I feel I am very much like you in the sense that I just know that this is not going to be a smooth ride when you see all these horror stories on here. I have prepared for the worst, even relocating to Russia if necessary. I have found this site very inspiring and crushing all in the same breath. As in all of life all we can do is hope for the best.... To me this brings little to no comfort but I do find some comfort in knowing that I am not alone. I wish you and everyone here that they will have the desired outcome for what their hopes and dreams are. Good Luck.

You nailed it, inspiring and crushing all in the same breath!!!! Never truer words written about this immigration journey.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.