Matt_Stevens

How to find status of hoped for Biometrics change?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

OK, I searched, but did not find an answer to this. Almost three weeks ago we received an I-797 notifying my wife the date and time of her Biometrics for a 10 year green card. Only problem was, they were sending her to the wrong state! We live in NY, but have a mailing address of NC for all government related matters. Our mail box here is not secure, so anything important is sent to my family in NC.

Our physical address has been in NY for a long time now and it was updated wth the government the day we made the move in 2007.

Anyway, I sent in the appropriate letters to both addresses required (listed on the I-797) but I cannot find out if they have made any changes or if they even have updated our case. I called the 800 # but went round and round with the automated system and was unable to talk to a human being. I'm beyond frustrated at this point.

All I do know is that our letter was delivered on April 16.

Can anyone help me here? What can I do to find out what is going on? Her appointment was supposed to be this coming Wednesday (the 27th) and there is no way she can make that appointment. We don't have the money for a plane ticket.

Help, please.

Edited by Matt_Stevens

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Your different addresses created the confusion, thats for sure. And that is the reason why one should avoid changing the Biometrics Appointment date, cause you can't be sure of when they will accommodate next. Anyways, I can help you with one problem atleast. That is how to get in touch with a Human Operator at USCIS.

Dial the USCIS number.

The moment you hear an automated voice, dial 123.

It will take you to a Human operator.

If you can view your I-485/I-765, then the human operators probably can't tell you much since they can view the same status as you can on USCIS website. If you can't view your case online, they will escalate your call to a higher officer and that person will have access to your actual case. Best of luck.

IR5 For Parent

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.