ellmvl

Cheap place to stay during medical and interview in Manila

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I had my fiance stay at Townhouse. It's more like a hostel than a hotel, but very reasonably priced! For a room with a shower (cold, though) it's about $13. The phone no. is 02 854 5399.

11-29-05 K-1 petition sent to TSC

12-6-05 NOA1 date, transferred to CSC

12-29-05 "Touched" for minor address correction

3-10-06 ***APPROVED*** NOA2 date

3-16-06 received NOA2 in snail mail

3-24-06 received by NVC

assigned case no., sent to manila!

4-4-06 case arrived in manila and awaiting interview date

5/25/06 called NVC and received interview date! August 10, 2006 @ 6:30 am!!!

8/23/06 Visa approved!

9/1/06 enter USA at Detroit, MI

9/8/06 married

10/24/08 birth of 1st daughter - Monika!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Try the Best Western Hotel La Corona, Ermita. It's near St. Luke Medical Center and US Embassy. It's just a small hotel but I found it safe and clean hotel with great services and nice amenities. Their rate is quite reasonable and they serve complimentary buffet breakfast. It is also near (few blocks away) the shopping mall, Robinson.

Here is the Best Western, I agree its not a bad place

IMG_1149.JPG

IMG_1151.JPG

IMG_1148.JPG

xl91yv7f.png

Try the Best Western Hotel La Corona, Ermita. It's near St. Luke Medical Center and US Embassy. It's just a small hotel but I found it safe and clean hotel with great services and nice amenities. Their rate is quite reasonable and they serve complimentary buffet breakfast. It is also near (few blocks away) the shopping mall, Robinson.

I've stayed in Best Western Hotel La Corona on the night before my husband left back to the US. Their room was nice but the building seems old and "scary" looks like a haunted place bwehehe...i know i'm just weird. I had a bad experience inside their old looking elevator co'z i was stuck inside for like 10 minutes coz it wont open. So when i went back to my room i decided to take the stairs and the hall way looks scary coz the light will turn on and off when u walked in bwehehe...looks like the things you've seen in horror movies. Maybe i'm just too gay. bwehehe

Anyway, thanks again for all the info. I was thinking about staying in Cherry Blossoms hotel coz that's what my sis was telling me too. I'm just wondering how far is it from the embassy?

Edited by ellmvl

ZlYHm6.png

My fiancee stayed at the Swagman Hotel when she traveled from Mindanao for her medical and for her interview. Very close to both ST Lukes and the Embassy. Clean good food, safe, provides free airport pick up and drop off. Great breakfast buffet. Web site is www.swaggy.com Resturant/Bar is open 24 hours and has 24 hour room service. In room mini bars, hot showers, maid service daily.

Internet cafe and travel agency on 2nd floor, onsite Western Union Money Transfer.

My fiancee and I stayed there when I traveled over to bring her back to the USA after she received her visa. I have stayed there numerouis times and for the price and amenities I feel can not be beat. Only thing that was a disturbance is the people outside the front pester you to buy their things they are selling. I just ignore them.

Good luck to you!

I've stayed in Best Western Hotel La Corona on the night before my husband left back to the US. Their room was nice but the building seems old and "scary" looks like a haunted place bwehehe...i know i'm just weird. I had a bad experience inside their old looking elevator co'z i was stuck inside for like 10 minutes coz it wont open. So when i went back to my room i decided to take the stairs and the hall way looks scary coz the light will turn on and off when u walked in bwehehe...looks like the things you've seen in horror movies. Maybe i'm just too gay. bwehehe

Anyway, thanks again for all the info. I was thinking about staying in Cherry Blossoms hotel coz that's what my sis was telling me too. I'm just wondering how far is it from the embassy?

Hello ate Cris, me and my mom stayed at Cherry during my medical. It is only 3 mins walk to St. lukes

And from the hotel to USEm I think its about 5 mins :D

Good Luck sa atin...

Ready knba? hehheeheh :)

Ako di ko alam but excited na ako :)

<style>body{background-image:url(http://images67.imikimi.com/image/images2_full/19twj-101.gif);background-repeat:no-repeat;}</style>

Hello ate Cris, me and my mom stayed at Cherry during my medical. It is only 3 mins walk to St. lukes

And from the hotel to USEm I think its about 5 mins :D

Good Luck sa atin...

Ready knba? hehheeheh :)

Ako di ko alam but excited na ako :)

I am still waiting for the papers that hubby sent me which i might need for the interview tapos i have to claim my cenomar pa...hay kaloka! I dont know if i am ready yet, bahala na si Bro sa atin bwehehe. Sometimes i find myself nakatunganga at work thinking about the medical, the interview and the thought of leaving this country...waaaaaa...im having cold feet na (eventhough it's summer here)

ZlYHm6.png

I would recommend City State Tower Hotel its so nice there and safe and cheap.Stayed there few times when hubby visited us,during my daughter's CRBA appointment at USEM and my medical and interview.

Close to Robinson's Place and restaurants and Manila Bay.

Its very close to St.Luke's and USEM and its a sis-com of Cherry Blossom..we stayed at Cherry Blossom too before.

Also,StoneHouse are nice and cheap 5 blocks from City State.

N-400 Naturalization

04/25/2012 - sent N-400 package to USCIS Dallas

04/28/2012 - package delivered at USCIS Dallas

I-751 Removal of Condition

03/22/2011 - sent I-751 package to USCIS Vermont via USPS Priority+Certified mail with Return receipt

03/24/2011 - package delivered at VSC according to USPS tracking

03/25/2011 - package received by Center Director according to Return receipt

04/04/2011 - NOA received - dated 03/25/2011

04/11/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice received -notice date 04/08/2011

04/28/2011 - Biometrics Appointment - Done!

10/14/2011 - Card Production Email

10/17/2011 - Approval Notice received - dated 10/06/2011

11/04/2011 - 10yrs green card received

I would recommend City State Tower Hotel its so nice there and safe and cheap.Stayed there few times when hubby visited us,during my daughter's CRBA appointment at USEM and my medical and interview.

Its very close to St.Luke's and USEM and its a sis-com of Cherry Blossom..we stayed at Cherry Blossom too before.

whenever my dad comes home from another country and we pick him up at manila for a short family vacation; We usually stay at City State Tower Hotel, it's a nice place, they're fairly cheap too about Php1,500/night for a single room and about 1,900 i think for the doubles;

if u want you can call em up to verify coz last time i stayed there was '07 my parents stayed there last dember 08

City State Tower Hotel

1315 A. Mabini St. Ermita, Manila

tel. no. 400-7351 to 61

. there's chowking on the next block, robinson's mall is about 5 minutes by foot; i think theyhave a free shuttle for teh airport too; you can call em up and find out but yes, it's nice. It's actually where a lot of balikbayans stay at ;)

oh btw, how far is it from St. Luke's?

Luke 18:27 Jesus said" what is impossible to men is possible with God."

Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

09/09/09-K-1 visa approved

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

08/26/10-319B n400 starts

11-09-10 Interview 10 AM >Approved

11-09-10 oath 2 PM Fairfax, VA

All glory, praises, thanksgiving and admiration belong only to God.

Jeremiah 29:11 "for i know the plans i have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you¬ harm you, plans to give you hope & a future"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I also stayed in citystates. It was nice and cheap. It was like less than 5 mins walk to SLEC.

Edited by ccndyeth

snxcq70j3.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.