Lappa1

Can I travel?

19 posts in this topic

I filled the form correctly which I don't think I made a mistake. The officer is new, I think, or he need more time to make a decision. I called my home and my mother is in hospital getting better. I have arranged a good treatment by calling the hospital people and my friends who are taking care my mother since I don't have anybody at home to take care her. I am praying to god to be everyting to be alright.

NickD, Thank you so much. God bless everyone in this forum who are very helpful to me in those all immigration process.

Lappa

-------------

post='2952656']

It doesn't take luck to apply for USC, it takes work, have to completely and honestly fill out the N-400, read the M-476 manual and meet all the eligibility requirements plus gather all the evidence and other items they request, make out the check properly and mail it in.

Where the luck comes in is making your appointment on time not running into a severe traffic jam and having a good decent IO. Sounds like with the latter, you were not lucky, he/she is sitting on your application, that isn't right. But legally, he/she has 120 days to play with it. Wife's IO sat on her application, I got my senator on her with a letter of apology from the office manager and an oath appointment within three days of my call.

Not familiar with any age requirements for marriage, but believe if you are under 18 in some states, require your parents permission and if like the rest of us, you did manage to get the AOS and the I-751 without your age difference being a problem.

Depending on your IO, if you make inquiries, may just set your application further back, run into people like that, I just don't know what type of person he/she is. But with me, I will go over their head.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Wife's mom is not in the best of health either, made us wonder why we even applied for USC, she was free to travel, but then you find out you are back at square one again and cannot travel until you get a US passport. But then we had that long stressful event with the I-751 getting her ten year card at the very last minute with also imposed limits on travel if you have to. Can't come back with an expired one year extension either and we don't exactly live next door to either the DOS or the USCIS field office. Plus, since my wife is a naturalized citizen of Venezuela, we had problems in renewing her passport due to the poor relations between Chavez and Bush.

Everything was going smooth with USC, but unfortunately my wife got an IO that was new and could barely speak English, damned is all I can say, what luck. But as a veteran of a foreign war, I got angry and called my senators office, when you run into stuff like this, not exactly a country you would want to give your life for. All this is behind us now, but we certainly can share your stress in this matter.

The person who interview me could not notice that I have difficulty to communicate in English language. I have to think and translate before I speak. I think IO thought that what why I am taking time to speak. English is my fifth lananguage.

Thank you Nick D, you guys really awesome giving me good advise and hope. Let us see what gonna happen.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
The person who interview me could not notice that I have difficulty to communicate in English language. I have to think and translate before I speak. I think IO thought that what why I am taking time to speak. English is my fifth lananguage.

Thank you Nick D, you guys really awesome giving me good advise and hope. Let us see what gonna happen.

Wow!!! Your fifth language!?!?! I'm jealous!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.