Key

Bringing younger sister from phil

16 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I am a permanent resident here in U.S. and have kids..I am planning to get my younger sister to help me take care of my kids so that i can get a job here. I really want to work here in U.S. but my husband don't allow me coz so expensive to pay for a day care and we don't like to leave our baby to other people hands.

So, just recently i am thinking of getting a filipina maid since it is cheaper i know everybody will grab for 20,000 pesos coz its already free accomodation and food. So instead of getting other people i will get my younger sister.

I just have concern if this will be a big problem since she is an intelligent woman a teacher of a science high school major in physics and chemistry and graduated as a cum laude in one of the reputable university in cebu.

Do u think it might be a problem of getting her? What we need to do so that i can get her? what petition or papers we gonna process?

Hope to hear people who is knowledgeable for this and can help me on how to do this steps coz i really want to work and help my hubby even just a little and at least i will not worry about my kids.

I like her coz at the same time she can teach my kids of everything so i know she can teach a lot of things to my kids while i am not arround.

I cannot get my mother coz she is still working as a government employee and kind of sickly and cannot even hold my daughter when we visited there coz her arms is just an artificial bones that is why i gonna get my sister.

Thank you so much and hope to hear your all advices...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You wont be able to file an I-130 for an IMMIGRANT visa until you are a US Citizen, and it will take about 20 years to get the visa.

Your sister should be able to get a visitors visa to visit the USA.

Similar discussion yesterday. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=197850&hl=

Moving this one to regional.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Is your sister willing to come here to be a baby sitter since she is already working as a teacher in the Philippines?

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
Hello everyone,

I am a permanent resident here in U.S. and have kids..I am planning to get my younger sister to help me take care of my kids so that i can get a job here. I really want to work here in U.S. but my husband don't allow me coz so expensive to pay for a day care and we don't like to leave our baby to other people hands.

So, just recently i am thinking of getting a filipina maid since it is cheaper i know everybody will grab for 20,000 pesos coz its already free accomodation and food. So instead of getting other people i will get my younger sister.

I just have concern if this will be a big problem since she is an intelligent woman a teacher of a science high school major in physics and chemistry and graduated as a cum laude in one of the reputable university in cebu.

Do u think it might be a problem of getting her? What we need to do so that i can get her? what petition or papers we gonna process?

Hope to hear people who is knowledgeable for this and can help me on how to do this steps coz i really want to work and help my hubby even just a little and at least i will not worry about my kids.

I like her coz at the same time she can teach my kids of everything so i know she can teach a lot of things to my kids while i am not arround.

I cannot get my mother coz she is still working as a government employee and kind of sickly and cannot even hold my daughter when we visited there coz her arms is just an artificial bones that is why i gonna get my sister.

Thank you so much and hope to hear your all advices...

This is not going to work. To get an employment visa, the US employer (you) must show that you cannot get someone here in the US to baby sit your kids. The available service being too expensive is not a valid reason because any employer can find cheaper labor from abroad that is willing to come to US to work for less than an American. Furthermore, the argument that family can take care of your children better than anyone else will not work either as USCIS consistently rejects this argument.

The wage that you are proposing to pay your sister will not fly. US labor laws are very different from the Philippines. Your sister would be your employee, so you must pay her the legal minimum wage which is $6.55/hour or higher depending on which state you are in.

This is also looks like immigration fraud as your sister is a very highly qualified teacher who is coming to the US to be a baby sitter. People don't take such a huge step down the social ladder unless they want to immigrate to the US and are willing to take any job to get here.

There is absolutely no way you can get your sister over here through this route.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Au piar?? J-Visa?

You may want to research that one.

Again she could visit to help you out with your child.

I have seen many who get grand-ma to visit for up to a year.

SEE: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8469

She is NOT working if she is helping you with your child.

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

If you are looking to help your sister immigrate to the US, the quickest route is for you to attain your US citizenship (possible after 3 years of being an LPR), then petition for your mother (1 year) and then have your mother petition for your unmarried sister (11 years). If your sister is married or gets married during the petitioning period, she will not qualify to get a visa.

Alternatively, once you become a US citizen, you can petition for your sister. It would take 23 years and she can get married during the petition period. Her spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 at the time visas become available (23 years after you apply) would be able to immigrate to the US.

I applaud you for trying to help your sister and being creative in your thinking. However, millions of US immigrants have also considered creative ways to bring their family to the US quicker and USCIS is aware of all of these tactics. Short of marrying a US citizen or getting an employer to sponsor her, she will have a long wait.

Most Filipinos that I know who immigrate here in the last 20 years are nurses who bring their spouse and children with them to the US - perhaps your sister with her science background can look into becoming a nurse. It would be very easy for her to get a US employer to sponsor her because there is a shortage of nurses in the US.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The legal way will be a long wait for you. When you become a US citizen, you can petition your mother and it will only take more or less a year. When she gets here as a permanent residence she can petition your sister with 12-15 years of waiting time or she can wait until she gets her citizenship after 5 years and then she can petition your sister.

You can try tourist visa for your sister but she must have ties in the Philippines that will make her go back. Right now if you really want to work is to hire someone who is here in the US to take care of your kids or just stay home and be the one to teach and spend time with your kids. If it were me, I would not trust my kids to a nanny. I will just wait for them to grow up and starts going to school and then I can work. As they say, the growing years are the crucial years for your kids so make the most of it.

05/18/07 married

05/29/07 sent I-130s for me & my daughter at CSC

06/16/07 checks for I-130 cashed

06/19/07 sent I-129F not waiting for noa1 but with printed online copies of checks cashed

06/25/07 check for I-129f cashed

06/29/07 transferred I-129f to CSC

07/03/07 received noa1 in the mail for I-129f

10/31/07 approved K3 and my I-130 except for my daughter

11/05/07 received NOA2 in the mail

12/01/07 received mail from NVC/yey we got our case number

12/20/07 went to St. Lukes and had my early medical exam

01/30/08 schedule for medical

02/07/08 interview, approved!

02/12/08 visa pick-up/cfo

02/14/08 POE-LAX

06/19/08 AOS mailed thru USPS

06/22/08 AOS delivered to Chicago IL

06/28/08 check cashed

06/30/08 received NOA1 dated 06/25/08

07/26/08 biometrics appointment

09/09/08 received EAD card in the mail

12/03/08 received interview letter for Jan 21 2009

01/21/09 approved for conditional permanent residence

02/02/09 permanent residence card arrived in the mail

10/21/10 submit form to remove conditions

01/21/11 10 year gc received

03/05/12 mailed my N-400

03/06/12 received email that they have my N-400

04/05/12 biometrics

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Bringing a relative on a visitor visa to take care of your child is a BAD idea. My mother-in-law came here on a B2 to help us take care of our son after he was born. We filed an extension and were honest that one of the reasons she wanted to stay was to help take care of our baby while I had throat surgery. USCIS denied the request because providing childcare for a relative could be considered employment. As a result, my mother-in-law's 10 year visa was cancelled. We're worried that she might not even be allowed to come back until my wife gets her citizenship and petitions her.

I was laid off just after my mother-in-law left, so I'm the caregiver for our son during the day.

08/28/2004 Engaged

09/22/2004 I-129F submitted

10/01/2004 I-129F Approved

12/15/2004 K1 Issued

12/30/2004 Arrival in US

02/19/2005 Married

01/30/2006 Conditional Green Card Approved

01/15/2008 Conditions Removed and 10 Year Card Issued

03/28/2009 N-400 mailed to Lockbox

07/17/2009 Interview Denver USCIS office RECOMMENDED FOR APPROVAL

08/28/2009 Naturalization Ceremony - US District Court - Denver, Colorado[/b][/u]

09/04/2009 Applied for passport

09/22/2009 Passport approved and mailed

09/24/2009 Passport received

08/26/2009 Naturalization Certificate and Name Change Petition arrive back from State Department

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Is your sister willing to come here to be a baby sitter since she is already working as a teacher in the Philippines?

Hi guys, Tried to visit your website but everything is private.

IT'S NOT THE DESTINATION ITS THE JOURNEY...AND WHAT A JOURNEY IT HAS BEEN

Timeline

Hello,

Yeah, she is willing to do it coz it the same salary she can get from her job and she don't need to travel everyday and tired of working always and all the extra work in school the principal pass it to her.

While being her she can watch her nieces and teach them too..

Timeline

Hello to all of you,

Thank you so much for all the replies here i appreciate it a lot. She can really go here in US and easy to apply a job if she wanted to coz we really believe she can do it. But, if she will do it she come here to work for a teacher so how can she help me in taking care of my kids if she will do it? and aside from that she is afraid to work here as a teacher in US coz of her co-worker who happen to teach here and end up doing suicide coz of the bad students here in US.

My husband don't like me to work coz of the baby so that's why it came up with this idea. I really wanted to go back to phil and work there but i know my husband have a point too. So that's the reason why i tried to ask all of you here with regards to this topic.

Getting my mother and making her migrate here is not really an option for now coz she can't help me in taking care of my child coz she easily get sick and don't need to work so hard coz she will have an attack so easily.

How about taking a scholarship for masteral here? so what she need is a student visa? if she will go to school during afternoon and night time and i will work in the morning? do u think it is a good idea?

There are twelve sponsoring au pair agencies designated by the State Department. Host families typically pay these agencies an application fee and a program fee which varies from $5,500 to $7,200, depending on the agency used. The program fees cover expenses related to the arrival of the au pair and compliance with regulations governing the program. These include, but are not limited to, airfare, medical insurance, mandatory 32-hour education session on child development and safety and other expenses. Au pairs pay fees which vary depending on the US agency and the home country agency they use (if they do not apply directly to the US agency).

A bit pricy...

-P

Au piar?? J-Visa?

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

"Au Pair" I've known a lot who did this but not sure if it works with relatives just try to research this Visa and Family who sponsor belong to higher income.

There are twelve sponsoring au pair agencies designated by the State Department. Host families typically pay these agencies an application fee and a program fee which varies from $5,500 to $7,200, depending on the agency used. The program fees cover expenses related to the arrival of the au pair and compliance with regulations governing the program. These include, but are not limited to, airfare, medical insurance, mandatory 32-hour education session on child development and safety and other expenses. Au pairs pay fees which vary depending on the US agency and the home country agency they use (if they do not apply directly to the US agency).

A bit pricy...

-P

Au piar?? J-Visa?

Timeline

Hello,

Yeah, she is willing to do it coz it the same salary she can get from her job and she don't need to travel everyday and tired of working always and all the extra work in school the principal pass it to her.

While being her she can watch her nieces and teach them too..

You cannot pay Filipino wages to someone working in the US. You must pay them the minimum wage established by federal, state or local law - whichever is higher. Labor laws concerning minimum wage protect people who generally do not have bargaining power. It is actually illegal to pay an illegal worker a wage under the minimum wage. A person cannot agree to take less than minimum wage; it's pure exploitation under the labor laws.

Edited by aaron2020

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
"Au Pair" I've known a lot who did this but not sure if it works with relatives just try to research this Visa and Family who sponsor belong to higher income.

Works if the "au pair" is from England, France, Canada, Japan.... the industrialized world, but not when the "au pair" is from a place where people are likely to return.

Life..... Nobody gets out alive.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.