endoftheroad

Who's going to China this June/July/August?

51 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Going through Customs/Immigration is nothing to worry about when taking the train between HK & GUZ as you do not have to stop at the border and get off the train to go through immigration like you do when taking the bus. You go through exit Customs/Immigration at the HK or GUZ train station (depending where you are departing from) and then go through entry Customs/Immigration when you arrive at either GUZ or HK. Both check points are quick and easy to get through. I actually transited between HK and China 3 separate times via the train on my last trip (we took a shopping trip to HK while waiting for the visa to be printed) and had no problems on either end.

Very easy going they gave out water and it was not crowded at all.

Hi Dan,

Have fun!

I am here watching you. I will leave in a week.

Steve

Ok I am back home I now have reality staring at me I have to move by Sunday and I slept some but woke up at 4 AM. The train ride back to Hong Kong was very nice. I then traveled around HK on the Rail system, it is so very very nice and efficient. I basically went door to door to disneyland for $3 and clean bright trains very positive!

My flight back to Newark was quite annoying the average age of the attendants was about 60 and for a 16 hour flight I'm sorry these old gals were worn and snotty and condescending and sometimes quite rude. The inflight entertainment system wouldn't power up on about 7 rows of seats and they basically looked under our seats to see if some plug was out but come on they had no clue so 16 hours on the plane with no screen, no reading lights what a crummy time. I am lucky I always prepare with 3 ipods and can always amuse myself but others were quite sad to see.

USA NATURALIZATION CITIZEN :-------------------------------------------------------
08-13-2014 - N-400 mailed priority Phoenix lockbox
08-1x-2014 - N-400 package accepted

08-20-2014 - Check cashed

09-xx-2014 - NOA bio-metrics appointment

09-18-2014 - Bio-metrics appointment Columbus office

09-22-2014 - NOA letter scheduled interview 10-30-2014

10-30-2014 - Naturalization interview and test Columbus Ohio office.

Application changed to five year as mark reached while waiting for interview

Passed civic test and interview recommends approval !!!

10-30-2014 - NOA hand letter stating recommendation for approval and wait for letter of approval and oath
11-13-2014 - Case Status updated "We scheduled your oath ceremony"

11-14-2014 - NOA letter final interview and oath Tuesday 11-25-2014

11-25-2014 - Final red tape and oath ceremony Columbus, Ohio Officially a US Citizen!!!

- Applied US Passport at local post office

08-2016 - Received 10 year Q2 visa to visit China as a US citizen

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
Going through Customs/Immigration is nothing to worry about when taking the train between HK & GUZ as you do not have to stop at the border and get off the train to go through immigration like you do when taking the bus. You go through exit Customs/Immigration at the HK or GUZ train station (depending where you are departing from) and then go through entry Customs/Immigration when you arrive at either GUZ or HK. Both check points are quick and easy to get through. I actually transited between HK and China 3 separate times via the train on my last trip (we took a shopping trip to HK while waiting for the visa to be printed) and had no problems on either end.
Very easy going they gave out water and it was not crowded at all.
Hi Dan,

Have fun!

I am here watching you. I will leave in a week.

Steve

Ok I am back home I now have reality staring at me I have to move by Sunday and I slept some but woke up at 4 AM. The train ride back to Hong Kong was very nice. I then traveled around HK on the Rail system, it is so very very nice and efficient. I basically went door to door to disneyland for $3 and clean bright trains very positive!

My flight back to Newark was quite annoying the average age of the attendants was about 60 and for a 16 hour flight I'm sorry these old gals were worn and snotty and condescending and sometimes quite rude. The inflight entertainment system wouldn't power up on about 7 rows of seats and they basically looked under our seats to see if some plug was out but come on they had no clue so 16 hours on the plane with no screen, no reading lights what a crummy time. I am lucky I always prepare with 3 ipods and can always amuse myself but others were quite sad to see.

So flight to HK, train to and from GUZ is okay?

Sorry to hear about the flight home problem, I take it your fiancee was not with you?

moving right along

Timeline

Sorry to hear about the flight home problem, I take it your fiancee was not with you?

shhhh don't tell my wife about my fiancee

No My wife will come in some weeks she didn't resign her job or make any plans in case and she will spend time with her family and friends before leaving. It is tough enough to leave your life for a new country i didn't want to put pressure of time on it too

Dan

USA NATURALIZATION CITIZEN :-------------------------------------------------------

10-30-2014 - NOA hand letter stating recommendation for approval and wait for letter of approval and oath

11-25-2014 - Final red tape and oath ceremony Columbus, Ohio Officially a US Citizen!!!

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

No My wife will come in some weeks she didn't resign her job or make any plans in case and she will spend time with her family and friends before leaving. It is tough enough to leave your life for a new country i didn't want to put pressure of time on it too

Dan

Sorry, you are CR-1 so she is your wife. :blush: My fiancee said "it is better that we leave after we go to Guangzhou" ... frugality. So beautiful.

moving right along

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Dan

My wife makes her grand appearance 9/12. She has the same isues as yours. It really sucks now....knowing she has the visa, BUT also must say her goodby to family and boyfriend(s) ha!

Regarding the China inbound...

JFK has Cathay Pacific and Air China. I think Newark has Continental. You came in on Continental? Sorry it stunk like that...I must say that Cathay Pacific is cooooool in flight entertainment and great food.

Mike

I-130 Submission to Interview - 162 days

NVC Out to P4 - 86 days

2009-02-02 Nanning Wedding

USCIS Journey - 1 MONTH

2009-03-04 : I-130 Sent

NVC Journey- 7 WEEKS

2009-04-02 : NOA2, I130 Sent to NVC

DHL Journey- 7 WEEKs

2009-05-19 : NVC Out

Embassy Journey - 6 WEEKS

2009-07-06 : CR1 Delivered to Guangzhou

2009-08-13 : Visa Approved !!!!

2009-09-12 : US Entry JFK

Timeline

Dan

My wife makes her grand appearance 9/12. She has the same isues as yours. It really sucks now....knowing she has the visa, BUT also must say her goodby to family and boyfriend(s) ha!

Regarding the China inbound...

JFK has Cathay Pacific and Air China. I think Newark has Continental. You came in on Continental? Sorry it stunk like that...I must say that Cathay Pacific is cooooool in flight entertainment and great food.

Mike

I flew Continental. My past trips cathay pacific which is owned a big chunk (omg i typoed chink) by Air China. Air China's planes are not equiped with technology but cathay out of L.A. was very pleasant.

The Continental crew is usually all American so the flight seems more like a US flight, where the Air China flights are very Chinese geared, with English as a second language.

The Continental fleet are very new and the screens and choice of media are Ok but Cathay really was superior.

The continental staff was adequate, but I really did take exception like it was a pain to serve us and at times rude about things like the electronics or asking what we wanted to eat. The price was certainly right, and the counter staff in Hong Kong of Continental was really excellent and helpful, with my seating as well as luggage overage. I had asked for aisle seat and the flight was full but they pulled me aside and asked me to wait and then eventually changed my seat and assured that I liked it. I like sitting in the back area of the 727 and they accomidated me and were very helpful.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.