Ju&Ja

New last name

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hey everybody,

I have some questions about my last name...

When I filled my AOS, EAD and AP documents I put my married name.

My maiden name was Juliette Dumont and now my married name is Juliette Harris Dumont.

I looked here on the exemple forms and the "lady" put her married name as well on AOS, EAD and AP docs.

I went to my SS office this week to change my name and they said that I need an official document from DHS showing my new name, like EAD. So I will wait for my EAD and go back to the SS office to get my new name on it.

My question is, I gave my SSN to the USCIS while filling the AOS, but my name for this SSN is Dumont and I wrote Harris Dumont on my AOS, can it be a problem as the 2 names are different ?

Sorry if I'm not very clear, I did my best.

If you can help me I would appreciate it.

Thanks a lot

Juliette.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
You'll need to wait until you get your EAD or PR/Green Card to get the SS card in the new name - it won't be an issue in the mean time. :thumbs:

Thank you for your fast reply :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.