MissusM09

approved pending additional documentation share your experience

299 posts in this topic

We are a bit confused.

My fiance was approved pending a translated doc. (the doc was translated correctly).

My fiance said it would take 5 days once he sent in the translation.

He got the item retranslated and then sent it next day delivery to the embassy. He tried to contact the curior service 1st but they said that they didn't have anything in their system telling them that the embassy needs to pick anything up from him. He then thinks that the embassy will contact the curior service to pick up his passport after they receive the items.

I was under the impression that the curior service would pick up both doc and passport.

Can anyone tell me how the system works for getting the item back to the embassy. Seems like a guessing game to me.

Are you saying your fiance sent it by himself next day delivery to the embassy?

What is supposed to happen is this:

-You are approved pending a document at the interview, so the interviewer/CO gives you a slip saying so (a 221 (g) form with annotation of the document they want before they can issue the visa) along with directions on how to contact SMS, the delivery courier service for the embassy.

So once you receive the document that was pending, you call SMS courier service (the slip the CO gave you at the time of interview has SMS's contact info on it)

-Call the SMS courier service and ask them to arrange a pick-up for the embassy from you. Set up a time, pay the fee via phone.

-SMS courier guy comes to your door, asks for the document, you put in the document along with your passport in the envelope the SMS courier guy provides for you. He gives you a slip with the tracking # on it (\be sure to ask for tracking # if he doesn't give it to you).

-SMS delivery guy takes your envelope that has the passport and document in it to the embassy.

You can confirm that the embassy received your document+passport in the following ways:

-Contact SMS courier service and they will tell you

OR

-Contact DOS and they will check the system and inform you

OR

-Call the Embassy's extortion line and ask about the receipt of your documents by the embassy.

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
We are a bit confused.

My fiance was approved pending a translated doc. (the doc was translated correctly).

My fiance said it would take 5 days once he sent in the translation.

He got the item retranslated and then sent it next day delivery to the embassy. He tried to contact the curior service 1st but they said that they didn't have anything in their system telling them that the embassy needs to pick anything up from him. He then thinks that the embassy will contact the curior service to pick up his passport after they receive the items.

I was under the impression that the curior service would pick up both doc and passport.

Can anyone tell me how the system works for getting the item back to the embassy. Seems like a guessing game to me.

Are you saying your fiance sent it by himself next day delivery to the embassy?

What is supposed to happen is this:

-You are approved pending a document at the interview, so the interviewer/CO gives you a slip saying so (a 221 (g) form with annotation of the document they want before they can issue the visa) along with directions on how to contact SMS, the delivery courier service for the embassy.

So once you receive the document that was pending, you call SMS courier service (the slip the CO gave you at the time of interview has SMS's contact info on it)

-Call the SMS courier service and ask them to arrange a pick-up for the embassy from you. Set up a time, pay the fee via phone.

-SMS courier guy comes to your door, asks for the document, you put in the document along with your passport in the envelope the SMS courier guy provides for you. He gives you a slip with the tracking # on it (\be sure to ask for tracking # if he doesn't give it to you).

-SMS delivery guy takes your envelope that has the passport and document in it to the embassy.

You can confirm that the embassy received your document+passport in the following ways:

-Contact SMS courier service and they will tell you

OR

-Contact DOS and they will check the system and inform you

OR

-Call the Embassy's extortion line and ask about the receipt of your documents by the embassy.

also the courier service tends only to have information when they are going to send it back to you, u maybe confused as to that. tring to track you parcel may only be possible by ringing them until they recieve it back fom the embassy

4650093_bodyshot_300x400_1285472169089.gif

We have contacted Senators/Congressman but no response yet. Also, we still have not gotten any replies from the US Embassy in London. But a DOS rep has given us this new information:

A DOS representative told me while checking the status of my fiance's case that "The US Embassy in London has not transferred his file to the next database for printing. It is still in the first one." When I asked what that means, she told me that when they transfer to the second database, then it is in queue for printing. His case is still at the US Embassy in London, but it is yet to be internally transferred."

What does this mean?

We have contacted Senators/Congressman but no response yet. Also, we still have not gotten any replies from the US Embassy in London. But a DOS rep has given us this new information:

A DOS representative told me while checking the status of my fiance's case that "The US Embassy in London has not transferred his file to the next database for printing. It is still in the first one." When I asked what that means, she told me that when they transfer to the second database, then it is in queue for printing. His case is still at the US Embassy in London, but it is yet to be internally transferred."

What does this mean?

I think the officer approves and sends on to the visa printer station who does the visa and gives to courier. So it probably means you haven't been approved. Either they are waiting on name checks (AP) or it's sitting there because they are waiting on the passport, which could be sitting somewhere else and they failed to match up. It is maddening and I know you've wished you could just go in and find your stuff, put it together and hand it to them. I hope the congress people will make a timely request to them and spur them on to at least give you a logical answer.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

What does this mean?

I think the officer approves and sends on to the visa printer station who does the visa and gives to courier. So it probably means you haven't been approved. Either they are waiting on name checks (AP) or it's sitting there because they are waiting on the passport, which could be sitting somewhere else and they failed to match up. It is maddening and I know you've wished you could just go in and find your stuff, put it together and hand it to them. I hope the congress people will make a timely request to them and spur them on to at least give you a logical answer.

ok where is tomaran, looks like we have to make summore of those sacrifices for Marm. !!!!!!!!! I am aghast at this bull*** that you have to go through. Are you kicking up a stink or what?? seriously, are they even allowed to tell you one thing at the interview then do something else when they recieve the documents they requested.? What has the senator actually done about this?

marm, seriously, i thought this would be over for you already, take heart ok will be prayin for ya

I have posted updates in various threads...can't keep track now, but we received a response from senator #1 (no help at all), Congressman (immigration affairs staff worker talked to me on the phone, and sent me a letter also stating that she has contacted DOS on my behalf via post and she included a copy of the letter she sent them and told me that DOS should reply within 30 days). Senator #2 has not responded.

I also received a phone call from a CO at the US Embassy in London--it was a phone investigation. She asked me the exact same questions she asked my fiance at the time of his interview. I don't know the reason for this, but it seems to me that they are verifying our relationship. It was a half hour conversation, and she told me that if there are any further questions someone would contact me or my fiance from the embassy, otherwise, she will forward his file to someone else (don't remember which department she said) and that person makes the final decision.

My fiance was told he was approved pending his passport at the time of his interview, so I don't know what this is all about. I am angry, frustrated, but at the same time happy that they are doing whatever they have to do to work on our case, and I pray to God that we get his visa in hand by the coming week!

Timeline

What does this mean?

ok where is tomaran, looks like we have to make summore of those sacrifices for Marm. !!!!!!!!! I am aghast at this bull*** that you have to go through. Are you kicking up a stink or what?? seriously, are they even allowed to tell you one thing at the interview then do something else when they recieve the documents they requested.? What has the senator actually done about this?

marm, seriously, i thought this would be over for you already, take heart ok will be prayin for ya

I'm here and the reason I haven't been posting is two-fold. Firstly these last 5 weeks i have to endure are longgggggggg, work are getting there moneys worth out of me and sending me all over the friggin country and i'm racking up mileage like an indy 500 race car driver. I JUST WANNA GET ON MY WAY DAMMIT! Anyway no other complaints, grateful i have my visa, i'll tough it out.

BUT the second reason and this is no bull, is because i see that marm's in a shitty situation and it bugs the hell out of me, its like we all went to school at the same time and i wanted us to all graduate at the same time, and seeing the hassles that she's going through sickens me. I really do not have any words of comfort for you marm (Sorry).

I guess what i'm saying is that because Marm hasn't got her visa yet, i dont wanna be all up in her face waving mine around, but thats just me. I do think you are a shining example and very persistent and genuinely interested in other peoples success that i know your day will come soon. You are doing way beyond what i would have done and your fiancee should be very proud of you. I just want you to get your visa so bad and be happy. I cant think of anything more that you could do.

Anyway in my thoughts and prayers and can't wait for the day you turn around and say, 'computer says yes!'

(Right i'm off see what voodoo i can come up ......)

'But I being poor have only my dreams, and i have laid my dreams beneath your feet. Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams'

I'm here and the reason I haven't been posting is two-fold. Firstly these last 5 weeks i have to endure are longgggggggg, work are getting there moneys worth out of me and sending me all over the friggin country and i'm racking up mileage like an indy 500 race car driver. I JUST WANNA GET ON MY WAY DAMMIT! Anyway no other complaints, grateful i have my visa, i'll tough it out.

BUT the second reason and this is no bull, is because i see that marm's in a shitty situation and it bugs the hell out of me, its like we all went to school at the same time and i wanted us to all graduate at the same time, and seeing the hassles that she's going through sickens me. I really do not have any words of comfort for you marm (Sorry).

I guess what i'm saying is that because Marm hasn't got her visa yet, i dont wanna be all up in her face waving mine around, but thats just me. I do think you are a shining example and very persistent and genuinely interested in other peoples success that i know your day will come soon. You are doing way beyond what i would have done and your fiancee should be very proud of you. I just want you to get your visa so bad and be happy. I cant think of anything more that you could do.

Anyway in my thoughts and prayers and can't wait for the day you turn around and say, 'computer says yes!'

(Right i'm off see what voodoo i can come up ......)

Thanks for your kind words. Even though it is beyond frustrating that we are still waiting for my fiance's visa, we are always very happy whenever we see the good news of a visa in hand. We too, can't think of anything else we can do as we have pursued all avenues possible in order for my fiance to get his visa as soon and as smoothly as possible. The good news is that they are actually working on his case and that it is not just sitting there. We finally received letter#2 from our congressman and he has included in his response a letter faxed over from DOS to the congressman's office stating that they are working on my fiance's case and that it is in administrative processing, namely they are "verifying his qualifications for the visa", which explains the phone call I received from the CO in London. I hope that they have finally verified everything and that he will get the visa in hand next week.

Thanks for your support and we will be posting good news here soon!

I'm still checking on MARM daily. If tomaran is her "classmate", then I was the "just graduated" from the Embassy School, who took MARM, the "freshman" under my wing. All of my special people have graduated but MARM and I just have to see her get there. I even got to be with Knight and Magpie when they married. And today is the wedding day of that crazy Stinky Monkey (Shaz). I know you'll get there MARM and I hope it's very, very soon. (L)

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

I'm still checking on MARM daily. If tomaran is her "classmate", then I was the "just graduated" from the Embassy School, who took MARM, the "freshman" under my wing. All of my special people have graduated but MARM and I just have to see her get there. I even got to be with Knight and Magpie when they married. And today is the wedding day of that crazy Stinky Monkey (Shaz). I know you'll get there MARM and I hope it's very, very soon. (L)

You are a darling Nich! :luv:

Yes, Nich was the one that showed me the "light" many times and pointed us in the right direction without fail. Hope you have loads of fun with Shaz! Our best to Shaz on her wedding day!

Timeline

Hi. New on this thread. My fiance had his interview today and was approved pending the long form birth certificate. He had the birth certificate at home and was ready to send it this afternoon. He called SMS and they said they would pick it up on Monday pending payment over the phone. They said someone would call to get the payment in the next hour, but no one did. He called back and they said that they didn't have him in the system yet and that they couldn't do anything until he was there. They said someone would call back but it might be some time tomorrow morning. Very frustrating since I don't really understand the delay in payment. Hopefully it'll all get sorted out in the morning. Anyway, just wanted to add my story to the thread. So glad this was here to explain the process a little better!

Timeline
Hi. New on this thread. My fiance had his interview today and was approved pending the long form birth certificate. He had the birth certificate at home and was ready to send it this afternoon. He called SMS and they said they would pick it up on Monday pending payment over the phone. They said someone would call to get the payment in the next hour, but no one did. He called back and they said that they didn't have him in the system yet and that they couldn't do anything until he was there. They said someone would call back but it might be some time tomorrow morning. Very frustrating since I don't really understand the delay in payment. Hopefully it'll all get sorted out in the morning. Anyway, just wanted to add my story to the thread. So glad this was here to explain the process a little better!

harasss them some more, tell them to pull thier finger out. sometimes its who you talk to there. on the day i recieved the text telling me I had my visa (3.30 pm june 25th 2009 happy day!!!) I was on the phone to one rep who swore she couldnt see me or my passport even with the id no. i had to put the phone down ring again then I found out they had me down as a MRS. which ofcourse i wasnt yet as i was coming to get married, right. that confusion over took about 40 mins to sort. i like to be proactive ( My word for pushy!). though i'm not quite sure why they didnt take the payment immediately like it did when most of us paid them. ??? nonetheless it wont be long b4 you are together.

***Marm, hows it goin??*****

tomaran i'm waiting for you to get here!

marm hang on it must be coming soon. my hubby gave in his passport and police certificate on 23rd on july, still no news here.....keep praying for us and your self, you are in our prayers too....

Timeline

harasss them some more, tell them to pull thier finger out. sometimes its who you talk to there. on the day i recieved the text telling me I had my visa (3.30 pm june 25th 2009 happy day!!!) I was on the phone to one rep who swore she couldnt see me or my passport even with the id no. i had to put the phone down ring again then I found out they had me down as a MRS. which ofcourse i wasnt yet as i was coming to get married, right. that confusion over took about 40 mins to sort. i like to be proactive ( My word for pushy!). though i'm not quite sure why they didnt take the payment immediately like it did when most of us paid them. ??? nonetheless it wont be long b4 you are together.

Primahen, i booked my flight for august 29th 3 more weeks !!! thank f**k!

Marm #######?!

If its any consolation YOU ARE A TROOPER! I would be dying by now, i'm pretty sure you are too, but you come across so glass is half full, you're not human! anyway words are for nothing coming from us but 'hang in there!!!'

Jah knows your day will come and we can all sleep soundly at night.

'But I being poor have only my dreams, and i have laid my dreams beneath your feet. Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams'

Timeline

Primahen, i booked my flight for august 29th 3 more weeks !!! thank f**k!

Marm #######?!

If its any consolation YOU ARE A TROOPER! I would be dying by now, i'm pretty sure you are too, but you come across so glass is half full, you're not human! anyway words are for nothing coming from us but 'hang in there!!!'

Jah knows your day will come and we can all sleep soundly at night.

hey thats good news. sent you a message. you know when its 3 weeks every day drags, whatever you do keep uber busy. Marm hun whats going on. ???

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.