MissusM09

approved pending additional documentation share your experience

299 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello,

I have posted this in the general consulate forum and now here. REally I would like UK'ers points of view. I have been told to furnish a co sponsor at interview, given a blue form. I asked the lady am I approved, she said yes, just send in the forms and you will have the visa before july. YOu know how you get when time passes a little and you start to think about things ( a little overmuch). Then you see others on the interview thread getting thier visa's and talking about POE. Its not nice.

If you have been told to furnish a co sponsor, or to give additional docs. CAn you share your experience, especially when you ring DOS. how long did it take to get your visa, are your still in the process now. Did you get a blue form at the embassy that had the first box ticked, then when you rang DOS were told that you were in AP? ????? I'm sure your answers will help not only myself but lots of other vj'ers.

I will keep you all filled in as to what happens next, ..................

x

P :thumbs:

please dont just read, write too.................xx

post-44179-1242384155_thumb.jpg

4650093_bodyshot_300x400_1285472169089.gif

Timeline

Hey

Well they tell you how long its gonna take but it take longer! You phone all the phone lines as you can you cant get a answer to wont you want so you get the email code to email them and there email you back with bulls**t! You dont know when its gonna come... people have thing sorted out to do stuff eg: wedding, working.

Well im just slowly going crazy waiting but its all good when we get to where we want to! Its only a few more days to wait well iv already waited them few more day!

I hope it helps :blush:

Rich

Timeline
Hey

Well they tell you how long its gonna take but it take longer! You phone all the phone lines as you can you cant get a answer to wont you want so you get the email code to email them and there email you back with bulls**t! You dont know when its gonna come... people have thing sorted out to do stuff eg: wedding, working.

Well im just slowly going crazy waiting but its all good when we get to where we want to! Its only a few more days to wait well iv already waited them few more day!

I hope it helps :blush:

Rich

what exactly happened with your case if you, dont mind?? u dont have to answer

Timeline
well i sent it 2 weeks 2day! and all i know it cud be anywhere in the embassy! 3 to 5 days ya right!

two weeks huh. i feel for you, sorry to hear that

will u keep me posted...... as to how long. did the consular officer tell u that u were approved at the interview window?

Timeline
yes i was approved now the nice woman said when you send ur docs in it be back with 4 days :|

makes me sick that they say one thing and u get another when its just your life on hold. thanks for replying.....x

Just want to recap everything for people who have been waiting/have recently waited after additional docs sent/AP (I am trying to make sense of the wait time after sending in what they ask for because of the supposed delays at the embassy as the embassy is claiming, so bear with me plz)

@ Magpie: interviewed 30th March, put in AP, out of AP 30th April, 5th May passport sent to embassy, 15th May: visa in hand (total wait from sending passport to getting back w/ visa: 10 days)

@Alixhilary: interviewed 27th April, 1st May sent off doc to embassy, May 19: visa in hand (total time from sending doc to getting passport back w/ visa: 18 days)

@paul.: interviewed 28th April, embassy received your docs May 1st, and you are still waiting for your passport???

@ prima and jay: are you in AP as I read somewhere in your posts? You said you called DOS and they told you that you were in Admin Processing? If this is correct, please let me know so I can change your entry on the London 2009 interview list and also let us know of what is going on...when did you send back the documents? When did DOS say you have been put in AP?

Edited by MARM

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Timeline
Just want to recap everything for people who have been waiting/have recently waited after additional docs sent/AP (I am trying to make sense of the wait time after sending in what they ask for because of the supposed delays at the embassy as the embassy is claiming, so bear with me plz)

@ Magpie: interviewed 30th March, put in AP, out of AP 30th April, 5th May passport sent to embassy, 15th May: visa in hand (total wait from sending passport to getting back w/ visa: 10 days)

@Alixhilary: interviewed 27th April, 1st May sent off doc to embassy, May 19: visa in hand (total time from sending doc to getting passport back w/ visa: 18 days)

@paul.: interviewed 28th April, embassy received your docs May 1st, and you are still waiting for your passport???

@ prima and jay: are you in AP as I read somewhere in your posts? You said you called DOS and they told you that you were in Admin Processing? If this is correct, please let me know so I can change your entry on the London 2009 interview list and also let us know of what is going on...when did you send back the documents? When did DOS say you have been put in AP?

we have to send in co sponsor forms and one of the forms wasnt signed correctly, in the last box he put n/a k1 fiance visa. so yeah we have to send that in, but the lady at the counter said were approved just send docs in. dos said this about a week - 10 days ago, i'm still waitibg in docs from usa,havent sent them in yet. so i dont know. so do, change it .

Edited by prima and jay

Some of the operators at DoS use the term admin processing when they just mean the paperwork is being dealt with, not that the case is in formal AP undergoing additional checks. They explained this to me when they used the phrase and I freaked out as I'd just come out of AP at the NVC.

K1 Journey

I-129F Sent : 2nd July 2008

NOA1 : 25th July 2008

NOA2 : 28th November 2008

NVC Received : 2nd December 2008

NVC Left : 12th January 2009

Consulate Received : 26th January 2009

Packet 3 Sent : 27th January 2009

Interview: 19th February 2009

Visa in hand : 24th February 2009

Flew to US: 28th February 2009

Wedding Day 10th March 2009 in snowy Colorado

AOS Journey

AOS package sent : 24th March 2009

NOA: 31st March 2009

AOS transferred to CSC: 13th April 2009

Biometrics Appt: 23rd April 2009

AOS approved 13th May 2009

Green Card received 9th June 2009

Stuck in AP at NVC thread

UK AOS Progress Timeline

Timeline
Some of the operators at DoS use the term admin processing when they just mean the paperwork is being dealt with, not that the case is in formal AP undergoing additional checks. They explained this to me when they used the phrase and I freaked out as I'd just come out of AP at the NVC.

yes I freaked out, and sharply corrected him saying "ooh no I'm not in AP, i just have to send in some forms. I'm approved " lol, i remember my heart just sinking when he said those two letters. thanks for telling me though, it has cleared up some doubts in my mind. much appreciated.

Edited by prima and jay

prima and jay (and anyone else that can shed some light on the matter...):

I have a friend who interviewed out of London for K-1 on May 22nd. She was issued a 221(g) for co-sponsor I-134. She was told by the interviewer that they are awaiting her forms, that's all, nothing about being approved or anything like that. Her fiance called DOS to find out, and he was told that her case is under processing, last updated May 22nd (they day of her interview). Does this mean she is under Admin Processing? Or does this mean that they are waiting on her required documents? If she is under Admin Processing, would her case be updating after May 22nd? Or is it safe to think that her case has just been suspended due to her pending documents and that the words "under processing" don't mean she is under Admin Processing? I guess her fiance should call DOS and outright ask if she is under background checks in Washington or whether they are ONLY waiting for her co-sponsor documents, but if anyone can share a similar experience, please do!!! :help:

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.