MissusM09

approved pending additional documentation share your experience

299 posts in this topic

Goodluck with POE Prima! :thumbs:

We are hoping this week is our week for the visa in hand...will post an update as soon as we know anything new.

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

(F)(F)(F)(F)(L) MARM (L)(F)(F)(F)(F)

I'm still hangin' with ya.

Awwwww :blush: Thanks Nich, you are simply the best! :yes:

Also keeping tabs on you, Marm. Waiting to celebrate the end of your visa journey!

-H

Also keeping an eye on you Marm. Party on these threads when it ends for you :-)

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
(F)(F)(F)(F)(L) MARM (L)(F)(F)(F)(F)

I'm still hangin' with ya.

Awwwww :blush: Thanks Nich, you are simply the best! :yes:

Also keeping tabs on you, Marm. Waiting to celebrate the end of your visa journey!

-H

Also keeping an eye on you Marm. Party on these threads when it ends for you :-)

To everyone here thank you for all your help, I'm off to the airport now. will keep you all informed about POE. Marm praying its the end for you too.

xx

Prima ..........soon to be Mrs!!!!!!

4650093_bodyshot_300x400_1285472169089.gif

To everyone here thank you for all your help, I'm off to the airport now. will keep you all informed about POE. Marm praying its the end for you too.

xx

Thanks Prima...good luck with POE, looking forward to hearing from you from THIS SIDE of the pond.

Timeline

xx

Thanks Prima...good luck with POE, looking forward to hearing from you from THIS SIDE of the pond.

well i'm here now, and it was ok, long lines in Detroit, and I had to pay excess on my bags at Heathrow. I had to get my visa revalidated because I was approved way back in September had to go in another line for the K1 to be ok. other than that hassle free, except I will say to anyone " dont fly NWA!" they are awful, terrible food, nasty service. I spilt water on my blanket and was old that theres one per chair.

well i'm gonna get some rest, absolutely shatterd but i'm here with my lovely husband to be. Thank s to all of you for keeping me going.

Marm i'm stilll lookinf out for you.

xxx

p

well i'm here now, and it was ok, long lines in Detroit, and I had to pay excess on my bags at Heathrow. I had to get my visa revalidated because I was approved way back in September had to go in another line for the K1 to be ok. other than that hassle free, except I will say to anyone " dont fly NWA!" they are awful, terrible food, nasty service. I spilt water on my blanket and was old that theres one per chair.

well i'm gonna get some rest, absolutely shatterd but i'm here with my lovely husband to be. Thank s to all of you for keeping me going.

Marm i'm stilll lookinf out for you.

xxx

p

Welcome to the USA Prima :)

Just a concern I have: What do you mean by "I had to get my visa re-validated because...."? I am confused on the meaning of your statement because your K-1 was just issued a week ago correct? So why the reason to get it re-validated?

Good question Marm... I think she's confused. Her petition approval was in Sept, but her visa should have been valid until sometime near Christmas. At the UK airport, you do have to show your visa and sometimes the brown envelope because the airlines want to verify you have everything for proper entry. I suppose they don't want to be stuck having to fly you back to the UK if you don't have all your credentials. Maybe they were just verifying she had her K1.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline
Good question Marm... I think she's confused. Her petition approval was in Sept, but her visa should have been valid until sometime near Christmas. At the UK airport, you do have to show your visa and sometimes the brown envelope because the airlines want to verify you have everything for proper entry. I suppose they don't want to be stuck having to fly you back to the UK if you don't have all your credentials. Maybe they were just verifying she had her K1.

good morning everyone.............

no what i meant was the approval for the k1 came through last September, you know there is a time limit after which the approval is valid, thats why you write letters to the embassy to say you would like the K1 approval extended. I just basically told them that i had to get medical evidence. The THREE immigration officers (officer Jenkins and co) looked it over he gave the nod then the I O went into the computer and revalidated the approval. It was a bit nerve wracking, but I dont think it s a huge problem.

well i'm gonna go have breakfast with hubby to be ......xxx

Prima

I still don't get what happened at the airport. Your K1 approval happens at the Embassy by the officer who does the interview (same day or later if you have to mail in additional documentation.)

Your I-129F petition was approved in Sept, but that isn't K1 approval. The K1 visa has an expiration printed on it right under your birth date. It should be 6 months from the day they printed the visa at the Embassy and wouldn't have to be "revalidated" until it expires.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

no what i meant was the approval for the k1 came through last September, you know there is a time limit after which the approval is valid, thats why you write letters to the embassy to say you would like the K1 approval extended. I just basically told them that i had to get medical evidence. The THREE immigration officers (officer Jenkins and co) looked it over he gave the nod then the I O went into the computer and revalidated the approval. It was a bit nerve wracking, but I dont think it s a huge problem.

Prima

Congrats on the touchdown Prima!!! I'll being seeing you in september :thumbs:

I still don't get what happened at the airport. Your K1 approval happens at the Embassy by the officer who does the interview (same day or later if you have to mail in additional documentation.)

Your I-129F petition was approved in Sept, but that isn't K1 approval. The K1 visa has an expiration printed on it right under your birth date. It should be 6 months from the day they printed the visa at the Embassy and wouldn't have to be "revalidated" until it expires.

#######?! This is a bit nerve wracking. My approval was in March 2009 and got visa in June 2009. I plan on travelling September 2009, so do i have anything to worry about? What the heck is this re-validation bollocks!

Prima

Congrats on the touchdown Prima!!! I'll being seeing you in september :thumbs:

#######?! This is a bit nerve wracking. My approval was in March 2009 and got visa in June 2009. I plan on travelling September 2009, so do i have anything to worry about? What the heck is this re-validation bollocks!

woops :blink: i meant to say re-validation garbage

'But I being poor have only my dreams, and i have laid my dreams beneath your feet. Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams'

Timeline

Prima

Oh and the other question Prima is did you get a one way or return flight?

If you got a return flight did they question your intentions at heathrow?

I only ask because its is against airline t&c's to allow one way travel on a r/t ticket.

Cheers Hun

and once again...OMG....Congratsssssssss!!!!!!

'But I being poor have only my dreams, and i have laid my dreams beneath your feet. Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams'

Timeline

Prima

Oh and the other question Prima is did you get a one way or return flight?

If you got a return flight did they question your intentions at heathrow?

I only ask because its is against airline t&c's to allow one way travel on a r/t ticket.

Cheers Hun

and once again...OMG....Congratsssssssss!!!!!!

no probs with the return ticket, which I got. I dont know why the hell they wanted to revalidate anything. it doesnt make sense to me, just an excuse to chat boll>>>>>>> oops sorry garbage. Thanks for the congrats, i'm here adjusting to him again. And its strange to be here and know i'm not going to England again. so a bit of adjusting to do. i might have to look up this revalidate thing to clarify. I always have trouble at Detroit. Trust me I was bricking it at the desk.

jetlagged trying to get home to sleep...... see y'all later.

xxx

Prima

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

well its been a while since anyone posted to this topic, but I see that there are some new folk awaiting thier visa's who have been approved pending additional documentation. Please feel free to post your experiences here, maybe we can help you, especially with the quirkiness of the london us embassy.

n.b

marm whats happening.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

We are a bit confused.

My fiance was approved pending a translated doc. (the doc was translated correctly).

My fiance said it would take 5 days once he sent in the translation.

He got the item retranslated and then sent it next day delivery to the embassy. He tried to contact the curior service 1st but they said that they didn't have anything in their system telling them that the embassy needs to pick anything up from him. He then thinks that the embassy will contact the curior service to pick up his passport after they receive the items.

I was under the impression that the curior service would pick up both doc and passport.

Can anyone tell me how the system works for getting the item back to the embassy. Seems like a guessing game to me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.