MissusM09

approved pending additional documentation share your experience

299 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

When I got to the embassy, we hadn't signed the bottom of the financial support papers so I was given a blue form too. My husband signed the forms and fedexed them to me, I got the papers and my passport picked up and returned back to me, complete with my visa in 6 days.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
When I got to the embassy, we hadn't signed the bottom of the financial support papers so I was given a blue form too. My husband signed the forms and fedexed them to me, I got the papers and my passport picked up and returned back to me, complete with my visa in 6 days.

it was nt just the not signing, she wouldnt accept the tax return even though the employer letter stated he was above the p.l. so we had to get a co sponsor. glad that it went well with you though.

I rang dx couriers today and they said the package should be going over to the embassy today, so hopefully they will start working on it tomorrow or wednesday, I dont think the visa will come this week, but what do I know huh. heres hoping its before the 6th of july.

tomoran, I resigned from my job and in a fit of pettiness and vindictiveness they are paying me to the end of the week, but they told me that monday was my last day. i only have to give them a weeks notice as part of my contract. sheesh, i'm soooooo glad i'm not there , training providers suck azz. lol so i got a week s paid holiday..........i'm off to get lunch. weeeeeee

marm how is your stuff going?

Edited by primahen
4650093_bodyshot_300x400_1285472169089.gif

Timeline

it was nt just the not signing, she wouldnt accept the tax return even though the employer letter stated he was above the p.l. so we had to get a co sponsor. glad that it went well with you though.

I rang dx couriers today and they said the package should be going over to the embassy today, so hopefully they will start working on it tomorrow or wednesday, I dont think the visa will come this week, but what do I know huh. heres hoping its before the 6th of july.

tomoran, I resigned from my job and in a fit of pettiness and vindictiveness they are paying me to the end of the week, but they told me that monday was my last day. i only have to give them a weeks notice as part of my contract. sheesh, i'm soooooo glad i'm not there , training providers suck azz. lol so i got a week s paid holiday..........i'm off to get lunch. weeeeeee

marm how is your stuff going?

If DX have already picked up the package then i reckon you'll have it back before the 6th, cutting it fine, but i think things will go your way...i can feel it in my waters :P

I am kinda envious about you resigning though i cant wait for my last day there, hell my last week!

Its gotta feel good though huh? New life, new marriage, new country, new jobs and stuff...it will all be worth it in the end.

Marm....Stay away from that phone !!!! lol

Oh and prima not that i wanna be picky but the names is Tomaran , not Tomoron (sounds like moron that one!)

Hang in there guys!! I'm betting you'll reach stateside before me anyways

'But I being poor have only my dreams, and i have laid my dreams beneath your feet. Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams'

Marm....Stay away from that phone !!!! lol

I am behaving, really :yes::innocent:

I figure there is still time before I start worrying about why it hasn't printed/ been received by my fiance yet.

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

The Marm cliffhanger continues. You need some kind of award for being the lady in waiting. (F)

Do you think it's in that additional processing that Magpie and Linkin went through? I've forgotten how long it took for Magpie. 3-4 weeks? They maybe didn't do that last database check until they got the passport. And being a Pakistani passport, they may have done the extra bit that they tend to do for non-British born. When are the weddings you need to attend? It's such a crazy chain of events that happened totally out of your control, even though were were so well prepared with your applications.

FRUSTRATING!! :angry:

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

The Marm cliffhanger continues. You need some kind of award for being the lady in waiting. (F)

Do you think it's in that additional processing that Magpie and Linkin went through? I've forgotten how long it took for Magpie. 3-4 weeks? They maybe didn't do that last database check until they got the passport. And being a Pakistani passport, they may have done the extra bit that they tend to do for non-British born. When are the weddings you need to attend? It's such a crazy chain of events that happened totally out of your control, even though were were so well prepared with your applications.

FRUSTRATING!! :angry:

Thanks Nich-Nick! The weddings my fiance and I needed to attend are next week, celebrations starting Monday and lasting throughout the week and ending on Sunday, but we won't be able to make it, we have accepted the fact and quite honestly are just waiting on the visa now, so we can continue on with our lives. We will still be making a trip to Pakistan, so it is not so bad after all, but the waiting is bothersome as DOS just tells us its in internal processing that is "standard before the visa prints" and while doing an intensive search on VJ, including Magpie's and Linkin's time-lines for AP, even if they have put my fiance in AP, it shouldn't be too long now, just a couple of weeks seem like nothing in terms of the 10 months that we have already waited. They are probably doing some checks they waited on doing until they received my fiance's Pakistani passport as you mentioned. But thanks to VJ and people like you we have loads of hope that the visa will be in his hand ASAP, and we are already well-prepared for AOS and have everything lined up as soon as my fiance's POE is done, as far as we are concerned, we are "done" with AOS (in terms of prep and planning).

So we are patiently waiting... :whistle::star:

Finally, received a text at 4:10pm from SMS saying my passport is on it's way back! :dance:

Time line of sending additional documents

1st June - Interview, approved pending Birth Certificate of Co-Sponsor

5th June - Sent additional documents via SMS

10th June - Embassy acknowledges it has received the additional documents

15th June - Embassy prints Visa and received text from SMS saying it will be delivered on 16th June.

Total processing time (excluding delivery time) approx = 3 working days.

Yaaaaayyyyyyyy!!!...time to book the flight! :dance: :dance:

Congratulations!!!

I can't wait to be in the same shoes. But quick question though, did u need to send an original or certified copy of your co-sponsor's birth certificate? I've sent just a regular photo-copy. My interviewer didn't say anything about it needing to be certified. Oh! my - can I have done something wrong again? I hope not.

Congratulations!!! that's great news!

NOA1 - 08 September 08

Transferred to CSC - 22 December 08

Last Touch - 02 January 09

Still no more touches - as of today - 11 February 09

NOA2 - 23 February 09 (and can not believe it)

Case Received at NVC - 27 February 09 (so excited)

AVR Updated - 28 February 09

Need to change Processing Embassy - How long will this take?

Spoke to representative about this and emailed request along with copy of Leave to Remain in Country of Residence - 03 March 09

Still no DS3023 - as of today -03 March 09

I've lost track of the timings. It had been long and tedious. Finally cahnged interview country, it then took 2 to 3 weeks for them to accept my DS3032.

DS230 Sent - 06 April 09

Interview Pack Received - 11 May 09

Interview Date - 11 June 09

additional info required arrrgggg!!!! NVC said I had everything.

All doc sent in with Passport - 22 June 09

Text Notification that Passport is ready - 24 June 09 (coming by 8am tomorrow - wish me luck.)

Dear all,

After a long, tangled and twisted road, I finally had my interview on the 11th unfortunately, I had been misinformed on 2 matters.

Firstly, it turns out that even though u r ask to list assets on AOS it actually doesn't count and it doesn't matter wether the NVC pass you or not. My husband went back to study for a Masters in 08 and didn't want to accept financial aid so is not as high on liquidity but has assets. This was not acceptable at my interview.

Secondly, even though I have lived in London for nearly 10 years and since I was 16, I was still required to get a police cert from Nigeria, which was fine. The lady told me it was alright to post certified prints to a relative in Nigeria and I did that. However, it turns out the embassy only accept prints certified by New Scotland Yard.

So they asked me to go and get another i864 and my correct PC. He also told me that they are currently experiencing a 3 day turnaround and that someone in my exact situation has done the whole thing in 2 weeks. He told me he thinks they can still get me out of the country by the end of the month which was the condition of me starting a new job I got. I set out to aim for that and got my file and passports back to the embassy this Monday or delivered on Tuesday - today. (BTW how can SMS still be in business, I paid for the before 8 service and they are telling me the delivered from London to London on the day after)

Does anyone know when I can expect it back? Oh please has anyone had a similar experience? I am so tired of being apart from hubby and want to start my life. Also, don't want to lose the job and need to be in Nigeria on 4th of July and my flight is booked to leave from D.C.

Do u think it takes longer cos' I'm Nigerian? My interviewer did say it would be quick but so nervous. I also just had a thought - is a photocopy of the co-sponsor's birth certificate sufficient? I hope so. There wasn't enough time to get a real one.

NOA1 - 08 September 08

Spoke to representative about this and emailed request along with copy of Leave to Remain in Country of Residence - 03 March 09

I've lost track of the timings. It had been long and tedious. Finally cahnged interview country, it then took 2 to 3 weeks for them to accept my DS3032.

DS230 Sent - 06 April 09

Text Notification that Passport is ready - 24 June 09 (coming by 8am tomorrow - wish me luck.)

Dear all,

After a long, tangled and twisted road, I finally had my interview on the 11th unfortunately, I had been misinformed on 2 matters.

Firstly, it turns out that even though u r ask to list assets on AOS it actually doesn't count and it doesn't matter wether the NVC pass you or not. My husband went back to study for a Masters in 08 and didn't want to accept financial aid so is not as high on liquidity but has assets. This was not acceptable at my interview.

Secondly, even though I have lived in London for nearly 10 years and since I was 16, I was still required to get a police cert from Nigeria, which was fine. The lady told me it was alright to post certified prints to a relative in Nigeria and I did that. However, it turns out the embassy only accept prints certified by New Scotland Yard.

So they asked me to go and get another i864 and my correct PC. He also told me that they are currently experiencing a 3 day turnaround and that someone in my exact situation has done the whole thing in 2 weeks. He told me he thinks they can still get me out of the country by the end of the month which was the condition of me starting a new job I got. I set out to aim for that and got my file and passports back to the embassy this Monday or delivered on Tuesday - today. (BTW how can SMS still be in business, I paid for the before 8 service and they are telling me the delivered from London to London on the day after)

Does anyone know when I can expect it back? Oh please has anyone had a similar experience? I am so tired of being apart from hubby and want to start my life. Also, don't want to lose the job and need to be in Nigeria on 4th of July and my flight is booked to leave from D.C.

Do u think it takes longer cos' I'm Nigerian? My interviewer did say it would be quick but so nervous. I also just had a thought - is a photocopy of the co-sponsor's birth certificate sufficient? I hope so. There wasn't enough time to get a real one.

Don't worry, the photocopy of the co-sponsor's birth's certificate is sufficient :yes:

And I don't like to say it myself, but it may take a tad bit longer because you are not a British native (not by birth a British citizen), but then again, it wont take longer at all because someone (not Nigerian, but a South African native British citizen) just went through London for a K-1 without any Admin Processing whatsoever. But be assured that London is faster compared to most other consulates when it comes to these types of processes, and be comforted in the fact that you will reach your goal, and you have gone through the most trying and difficult part, don't worry :no:

Don't worry, the photocopy of the co-sponsor's birth's certificate is sufficient :yes:

And I don't like to say it myself, but it may take a tad bit longer because you are not a British native (not by birth a British citizen), but then again, it wont take longer at all because someone (not Nigerian, but a South African native British citizen) just went through London for a K-1 without any Admin Processing whatsoever. But be assured that London is faster compared to most other consulates when it comes to these types of processes, and be comforted in the fact that you will reach your goal, and you have gone through the most trying and difficult part, don't worry :no:

Thank you - u have consoled me. At the interview, they didn't raise any eyebrows about anything. I have a job waiting and he seemed understanding but I'm quite "hmmmm"ed about these things. They sometimes tell you what you want to hear.

I've tried to call (waste of time and money) I've sent an email and husband sent one too but we have only got automated responses.

We'll see.

Marm, your due to get the sms text any minute now. Surely. :thumbs:

NOA1 - 08 September 08

DS230 Sent - 06 April 09

Thank you - u have consoled me. At the interview, they didn't raise any eyebrows about anything. I have a job waiting and he seemed understanding but I'm quite "hmmmm"ed about these things. They sometimes tell you what you want to hear.

I've tried to call (waste of time and money) I've sent an email and husband sent one too but we have only got automated responses.

We'll see.

Thank you for the good wishes, and I hope you get a fast turnaround with your visa in hand ASAP as well. Calling DOS is a waste of time quite honestly for people who were approved pending additional docs, they cannot tell you anything other than either you are in admin processing prior to the visa issuance, or that the visa has been issued. Internal admin processing is at the embassy and DOS does not have details about that, all they can read on their screen is whether it is in processing or whether the visa has been issued. The good thing about calling DOS and hearing that you are in admin processing at the embassy and no further details is that this means you are not in the "bad" AP, by which I mean admin review or processing due to security or background checks which are intensively done at the level of DOS and Washington, D.C. So if your file is at the embassy and they tell you that you are being processed at the embassy internally, you can be assured that you will get your visa ASAP, it is just a matter of it being printed. We as well emailed the embassy last week but have gotten automated responses. Write your updates in this thread as soon as you hear anything new, we will too :thumbs:

Timeline

We'll see.

Thank you for the good wishes, and I hope you get a fast turnaround with your visa in hand ASAP as well. Calling DOS is a waste of time quite honestly for people who were approved pending additional docs, they cannot tell you anything other than either you are in admin processing prior to the visa issuance, or that the visa has been issued. Internal admin processing is at the embassy and DOS does not have details about that, all they can read on their screen is whether it is in processing or whether the visa has been issued. The good thing about calling DOS and hearing that you are in admin processing at the embassy and no further details is that this means you are not in the "bad" AP, by which I mean admin review or processing due to security or background checks which are intensively done at the level of DOS and Washington, D.C. So if your file is at the embassy and they tell you that you are being processed at the embassy internally, you can be assured that you will get your visa ASAP, it is just a matter of it being printed. We as well emailed the embassy last week but have gotten automated responses. Write your updates in this thread as soon as you hear anything new, we will too :thumbs:

hello everyone, how was your day? it was truly beautiful today wasnt it.

i had a good day today, espec. as DX said it was going over to the embassy today. Then it got completely ruined about 30 mins ago as i found out my ex manager sat down in a meeting with other teachers and bad mouthed me left right and center. I'm fuming at the moment, trying to keep my head, because I will be ringing them tomorrow. I'm going to focus on packing and gettng myself ready to go too, this is more important I think.

good to see Marm being all upbeat, Tomaran, i'm so sorry about your ID, i took liberties eh, my bad. Eagle eye, they do treat Nigerians differently, I looked through some threads and that has been the experience. HOwever because you didnt get married, yet it might help. It seems they always on the look out for 419'ers, I may be wrong, put it in the search bar in VJ and see.

well guys, i'm truly hurt by this thing (with my manager) but I'm still hopeful the visa will print in time so I dont lose out on £520 pounds.

keep us posted.........xxxxxx

Timeline

We'll see.

hello everyone, how was your day? it was truly beautiful today wasnt it.

i had a good day today, espec. as DX said it was going over to the embassy today. Then it got completely ruined about 30 mins ago as i found out my ex manager sat down in a meeting with other teachers and bad mouthed me left right and center. I'm fuming at the moment, trying to keep my head, because I will be ringing them tomorrow. I'm going to focus on packing and gettng myself ready to go too, this is more important I think.

good to see Marm being all upbeat, Tomaran, i'm so sorry about your ID, i took liberties eh, my bad. Eagle eye, they do treat Nigerians differently, I looked through some threads and that has been the experience. HOwever because you didnt get married, yet it might help. It seems they always on the look out for 419'ers, I may be wrong, put it in the search bar in VJ and see.

well guys, i'm truly hurt by this thing (with my manager) but I'm still hopeful the visa will print in time so I dont lose out on £520 pounds.

keep us posted.........xxxxxx

i took some time thought about it, its not worth me ringing to sort anything out, new things, new slate, new possibilities; and to be honest its just sour grapes from my manager, lol,

its what happens when you are in this process, and I have a question. maybe Marm could help.

Where is the tracking number on the invoice sheet that they give you? ( couriers) because i put it in on the website with the postcode and it says it doesnt match??? someone fill me in.

Edited by primahen

i took some time thought about it, its not worth me ringing to sort anything out, new things, new slate, new possibilities; and to be honest its just sour grapes from my manager, lol,

its what happens when you are in this process, and I have a question. maybe Marm could help.

Where is the tracking number on the invoice sheet that they give you? ( couriers) because i put it in on the website with the postcode and it says it doesnt match??? someone fill me in.

The tracking # has 10 digits....when you log on to www.thedx.co.uk, enter the tracking # and be sure to include your correct post code in the area where it asks for it as well. Also, it depends on which tracking # you are entering in the system. My fiance received two tracking #s, one is for the passport going-to the embassy and the other # is for the passport coming-from the embassy to him, so maybe you are tracking the coming-from the embassy #, which is why you are getting an error message or a "not in the system/ does not match" message. Let me know if it works...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.