nowhereman

Retiring in the Philippines

19 posts in this topic

After I retire from the Army I intend on retiring in the Philippines. I've googled the topic & haven't found as much info as I thought I would. Anyone have some insight on the best places to retire & other pertinent info?

I would try looking into Tagaytay Highlands if you love the peace and quiet.

Ditto! At the same time if you don't speak Tagalog or the local dialect forget it or learn it.

Only social life most puti have that don't know the language is drinking with other expats and chasing young maganda pinay.

Check on the medical also.

DON'T burn your bridges in your home country.

Is that the main reason why lots of foreign men most especially kano love to retire there in PI? :no:pag wala ang pusa naglalaro and daga. :unsure:

You tell me what a kano that doesn't speak the language can do socially? Talk to your wife and kids? That gets old FAST. Most times the wifes family doesn't speak that good of English. At least mine don't. Ex. I don't have any idea what's going on when all of the sudden everyone starts laughing at a dinner party. Sounds minor? It's not after awhile.

Hopefully the guys that move there keep enough dough to pay their way home when the "sh!t hits the fan" and they burn out on RP.

If you speak the language where you live fluently you're looking better. However medical, the heat, peeps bugging you for gwarta all the time will kick in naman.

As someone posted! Forget Southern Mindanao. The MILF is slowly taking over all of Mindanao. GMA won't knock them out entirely as the US will quit sending Big money if she does.I just helped a friend who had lived in Cotabato move back to the US with his pinay wife and kids after he lived there for 12 years. His truck was all shot up and MILF tried kidnapping his kids once. He was ex special forces and one BAD hombre but gave up and is back here in Hawaii living a much more relaxed life.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
After I retire from the Army I intend on retiring in the Philippines. I've googled the topic & haven't found as much info as I thought I would. Anyone have some insight on the best places to retire & other pertinent info?

Ditto! At the same time if you don't speak Tagalog or the local dialect forget it or learn it.

Only social life most puti have that don't know the language is drinking with other expats and chasing young maganda pinay.

Is that the main reason why lots of foreign men most especially kano love to retire there in PI? :no:pag wala ang pusa naglalaro and daga. :unsure:

I'll be chasing my Pinay wife around! :devil:

FamilyGuy_SavingPrivateBrian_v2f_72_1161823205-000.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline

:bonk::bonk:

orrr... your wife will chase you with BOLO..:rofl:

"True Love is never associated with violence,deception,abuse ( emotional,physical or verbal) constant sacrifice for the good of only one person,jealousy,fear or mistrust"

------------------------------------------

National Domestic Violence Hotline

Help is available to callers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Hotline advocates are available for victims and anyone calling on their behalf to provide crisis intervention, safety planning, information and referrals to agencies in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Assistance is available in English and Spanish with access to more than 170 languages through interpreter services. If you or someone you know is frightened about something in your relationship, please call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or TTY 1-800-787-3224.

:bonk::bonk:

orrr... your wife will chase you with BOLO.. :rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

threemonths09.jpg?t=1272087150Princess-Threemonthsold007-2.jpg?t=1271837591threemonths01-1.jpg?t=1272086957

Our Princess have her first tooth at five months of age.

fEdIm5.png?J2iWLNZY

I-130 (IR-5) Petitions for my Mom and Dad

*06-08-2010---Petition will send on this date???

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.