Malysh

Adobe reader

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Im filling out G325A form. For employers of last 5 years I had filled out every line. However since I couldn't fit it all into there, I deleted the last line entry, and referred to the attachment in there. Only when I remove the other information like Occupation/From month to year etc the "year" box won't just go back to a blank box, when I try to remove the information it keeps going back to "0000" and I want for it to be a blank box.

Anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Malysh.

Filed: Timeline
Im filling out G325A form. For employers of last 5 years I had filled out every line. However since I couldn't fit it all into there, I deleted the last line entry, and referred to the attachment in there. Only when I remove the other information like Occupation/From month to year etc the "year" box won't just go back to a blank box, when I try to remove the information it keeps going back to "0000" and I want for it to be a blank box.

Malysh.

You could try starting over with a new form. Or, if that does not work, just list what employers will fit, and refer to that item in your attatchment.

Edited by Mister_Bill

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Malysh.

You could try starting over with a new form. Or, if that does not work, just list what employers will fit, and refer to that item in your attatchment.

Thanks. I started a new form instead.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Malysh.

A problem with the free reader, but at least you can save your work with the latest versions, couldn't do that a couple of years ago. With the full version of Adobe Acrobat, can actually select the font size for the fields and use a smaller font for those extra long names. Could also hand print it using a micro sized font

One reason why I hate Adobe, they come out with a new version each year for a couple hundred plus bucks upgrade, no different than the last version, but they change the format of the *.pfd files so older versions won't open the latest forms, and the government always uses the latest version. I had version 4 when we started this immigration stuff and upgrade to 5 and 6. I used six over a year ago that still would open the N-400, but was shocked and kind of mad because I couldn't print out that form. So I loaded that pdf file to an older computer with version 5 on it, and it printed the form out fine, but wouldn't let me make any changes to the form, if I found errors had to do that with version 6, then print it out on version 5.

We want to do everything neat and complete, but the government sure isn't helping us, they can just raise taxes to use the latest versions. I did write my senator really bitching that the government was offering a reader that you could not save, maybe that one letter did work with Reader version 8.

Filed: Timeline

Malysh.

A problem with the free reader, but at least you can save your work with the latest versions, couldn't do that a couple of years ago. With the full version of Adobe Acrobat, can actually select the font size for the fields and use a smaller font for those extra long names. Could also hand print it using a micro sized font

One reason why I hate Adobe, they come out with a new version each year for a couple hundred plus bucks upgrade, no different than the last version, but they change the format of the *.pfd files so older versions won't open the latest forms, and the government always uses the latest version. I had version 4 when we started this immigration stuff and upgrade to 5 and 6. I used six over a year ago that still would open the N-400, but was shocked and kind of mad because I couldn't print out that form. So I loaded that pdf file to an older computer with version 5 on it, and it printed the form out fine, but wouldn't let me make any changes to the form, if I found errors had to do that with version 6, then print it out on version 5.

We want to do everything neat and complete, but the government sure isn't helping us, they can just raise taxes to use the latest versions. I did write my senator really bitching that the government was offering a reader that you could not save, maybe that one letter did work with Reader version 8.

I ditched Adobe Reader a long time ago...been using Fox It software instead.

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Malysh.

I ditched Adobe Reader a long time ago...been using Fox It software instead.

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php

While Foxit says you can download it for free, has all kinds of strings attached to buy something you don't want nor need to get it for free and just a one year license. Says nothing about keeping up with Adobe format changes and wants 99 bucks for the pro version with some unknown amount for constant upgrades.

So what has been your experiences with this program?

One reason why I like Acrobat, it let's me print out service manuals with those foldouts on eight different sheets for a 22 by 34" original sheet with tic marks so I can scotch tape it together. Can print that out on a single letter size sheet with Reader, but need micro vision to read it. Autodesk and MS to have file conversion programs available for free for going from one version to the next, but Adobe to my knowledge doesn't offer that. Just on big ripoff.

Another get even trick is to download Acrobat ver 9 free at http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobatpro/tryout.html for a 30 trial. But backup your root drive first before installling it, install it, use it, then go to your backup, when the 30 trial is up and reload it for another 30 days. Good to do this on a spare computer. When I first installed Windows, made a backup of that and keep that intact so trying out new programs, they use all kinds of tricks with unknown registry values that you can't find to delete so you can't use it again. And if you only need to use it once like for these government forms, can get by.