waitingincolo

I-129f finally sent to California

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My I-129f finally was sent to California, I talked to my congressman’s aide today and he

said he ask them to expedite it. If everything with the application is ok I should get my NOA2 by the end of next week.(I'll believe that when it happens). I wonder why the haven't sent me a e-mail or updated my status on-line?

I have a few of questions.

1. Should I send a complete copy of the I-129f to my fiancée?

2. What other documents will she need at the interview?

3. When should I start getting my I-134 Affidavit of Support ready?

4. Also, I would not like to give all my financial info, I have a good job

Where I have been employed for a long time, I am single and make well

above the minimum amount to sponsor someone.

How much personal financial data do I need to give?

I know Its going to be months before she gets an interview, but I would like to

Get as much of the paper work out the as early as possible

Thanks

Time Line

01-13-06- sent I-129f to Neb

01-23-06- Receive NOA1

03-31-06- I-129f sent to El Paso TX

04-03-06- touched

06-14-06- letter from El Paso, I-129f sent there by mistake!!!!

06-28-06- contacted congressman, I-129f is in CSC

07-04-06- Received in California, finally 3 months wasted!

08-10-06- sent in RFE

08-18-06- RFE lost in mail

09-20-06- resent RFE

09-08-06- received my RFE

09-14-06- touched

09-14-06- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

11-05-07- Interview

11-05-07- VISA received

11-05-07- US entry El Paso, Tx.

12-18-07- Married

AOS

02-02-08- Filed

02-14-08- NOA1

03-08-08- Biometrics

04-16-08- EAD ordered

05-14-08- EAD re-ordered

05-23-08- EAD recieved in mail

09-13-08- Recieved 2nd biometrics appointment

10-02-08- 2nd Biometrics- wrong A#

You MIGHT get your NOA1 by the end of the week, but it will be months before you get your NOA2.

Yes... she'll need it for the interview

Check the web site for the Consulate she'll be going to... and the Guides also have a general list

You could start now, but the financial info provided will need to be recent to the interview

4. Also, I would not like to give all my financial info, I have a good job where I have been employed for a long time, I am single and make well above the minimum amount to sponsor someone. How much personal financial data do I need to give?

The I-134 will tell you what you need to provide.

Edited:

.... wait, just checked your timeline and am now confused. Your NOA1 was issued in January, but you 'just' sent your I-129F to California????? Do you mean transferred?

Edited by JenT

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Timeline
You MIGHT get your NOA1 by the end of the week, but it will be months before you get your NOA2.

Yes... she'll need it for the interview

Check the web site for the Consulate she'll be going to... and the Guides also have a general list

You could start now, but the financial info provided will need to be recent to the interview

4. Also, I would not like to give all my financial info, I have a good job where I have been employed for a long time, I am single and make well above the minimum amount to sponsor someone. How much personal financial data do I need to give?

The I-134 will tell you what you need to provide.

Edited:

.... wait, just checked your timeline and am now confused. Your NOA1 was issued in January, but you 'just' sent your I-129F to California????? Do you mean transferred?

I received my NOA1 on Jan 23, 06, then they sent it to El Paso and it set there for 3 months.

I'm sorry i should have been a little clearer in my explination.

My congressman's aide finally had it sent to California, and said it would be expedited. (hopefully

I will have no RFE)

Time Line

01-23-06- Receive NOA1

04-03-06- touched

08-10-06- sent in RFE

09-20-06- resent RFE

09-14-06- touched

11-05-07- Interview

11-05-07- VISA received

12-18-07- Married

AOS

02-02-08- Filed

02-14-08- NOA1

03-08-08- Biometrics

04-16-08- EAD ordered

05-14-08- EAD re-ordered

I see... Not to discourage you, but I would not hold my breath for an NOA2 any time soon. Many of us are waiting for word from California and have had nothing but silence for weeks. There have been several Senators making inquiries... if that hasn't helped, a Congressman's aide is certainly not going to make a difference.

Good luck with your timeline! Glad things are back on track for you now.

Jen

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

11-5-06 Married

Timeline
I see... Not to discourage you, but I would not hold my breath for an NOA2 any time soon. Many of us are waiting for word from California and have had nothing but silence for weeks. There have been several Senators making inquiries... if that hasn't helped, a Congressman's aide is certainly not going to make a difference.

Jen

I'm sure Senators personally are not making these inquires, they have staff that do

these things for them.

Time Line

01-23-06- Receive NOA1

04-03-06- touched

08-10-06- sent in RFE

09-20-06- resent RFE

09-14-06- touched

11-05-07- Interview

11-05-07- VISA received

12-18-07- Married

AOS

02-02-08- Filed

02-14-08- NOA1

03-08-08- Biometrics

04-16-08- EAD ordered

05-14-08- EAD re-ordered

Jen

I'm sure Senators personally are not making these inquires, they have staff that do

these things for them.

Read the IMBRA threads and judge for yourself.

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

11-5-06 Married

Timeline

His situation is unique since someone screwed up big time and sent his petition to a black hole in El Paso. They definitely need to expedite it.

Waitingincolo - I am so happy you got this taken care of. Just make sure you stay on top of the congressman's office to guarantee they expedite it - you can't really push hard enough in your case IMHO

Well, it is recommended on the guides so I would do it. It wouldn't hurt.

Not to sound curt but it is all spelled out in the guides section at the top of the page. They're there so we don't keep having to retype out the same thing over and over again :)

Once again, it is recommended in the guides to send it after you have received your NOA2. This is a bit premature but it's better to be safe than sorry if she got a very quick interview and you didn't have it ready.

If you read the instructions on the I-134 it tells you exactly what you have to submit as evidence. You may not like giving out the financial information but this is something that has to be done for the visa.

Edited by JamesMiranda

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My I-129f finally was sent to California, I talked to my congressman’s aide today and he

said he ask them to expedite it. If everything with the application is ok I should get my NOA2 by the end of next week.(I'll believe that when it happens). I wonder why the haven't sent me a e-mail or updated my status on-line?

Thanks

Hi-

I think everyone is giving you different answers just because we are all a bit confused with your situation. It would make it a lot easier to respond correctly if you updated your timeline on the signature page.

I think you mentioned that you got your NOA1 back in January...????? If so, you should not be affected by IMBRA and you should have received the NOA2 by now...(unless you have been stuck in security checks).

I started getting my I-134 ready immediately after getting the NOA2 approval.

Good luck....And PLEAZZZZZ add your timeline.......

Well, it is recommended on the guides so I would do it. It wouldn't hurt.

Not to sound curt but it is all spelled out in the guides section at the top of the page. They're there so we don't keep having to retype out the same thing over and over again :)

Once again, it is recommended in the guides to send it after you have received your NOA2. This is a bit premature but it's better to be safe than sorry if she got a very quick interview and you didn't have it ready.

If you read the instructions on the I-134 it tells you exactly what you have to submit as evidence. You may not like giving out the financial information but this is something that has to be done for the visa.

I am also not trying to be rude but your response is very bothersome to me.

Yes....we all know that the information is obtainable in the written instructions.....However, this entire web site was set up so that folks who did not have the time or ability to READ through pages of instruction could get their answers through fellow VJ members. It is the main reason why we all post our questions and fellow VJ members try to help each other out. Once again....EVERYTHING could be found if we all just read instructions but sometimes we like to get some personal feedback....... :yes:

Edited by kimlbs

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Filed: Timeline

waitingincolo,

1. Up to you. There's nothing in the petition package that she needs a copy of. What she may need to know is personal information about you that is in the petition documents. She may also need the 'originals' of documents that you submitted a copy of e.g. birth or divorce certificates.

2. In addition to what I mentioned in item 1 there will be things listed on the visa application instruction sheet and checklist, sometimes referred to as DS-2001 or OF-169. Some consulates have it on the visa pages of their web sites.

3. When she gets her visa application package from the consulate. You can start on the financial information package now, but you'll want the supporting documents to be current for the interview.

4. You can provide as much or as little financial information as you wish. If the consular officer thinks that what you've provided is insufficient they'll ask for more, and if that happens you can either provide more or tell them to make their decision based on what you have provided.

Yodrak

My I-129f finally was sent to California, ...

Thanks

Edited by Yodrak

I am also not trying to be rude but your response is very bothersome to me.

Yes....we all know that the information is obtainable in the written instructions.....However, this entire web site was set up so that folks who did not have the time or ability to READ through pages of instruction could get their answers through fellow VJ members. It is the main reason why we all post our questions and fellow VJ members try to help each other out. Once again....EVERYTHING could be found if we all just read instructions but sometimes we like to get some personal feedback....... :yes:

Correction - this site was not set up so that people who don't want to take the time to read the guide can ask someone else to explain it to them. The guide page for the K1 visa (as found here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;page=k1guide) is not long and does not consist of pages and pages. In fact, it is a MUCH better idea to read that instead of ask members because there the information is consolidated and is tried and true and has worked for many of us. Some of the information gotten from members will not be as concise, clear, and possibly may not even be correct. The site is more for those to ask questions that are not specifically answered in the guides or in the instructions for the forms, to encourage one another, and to share stories of your personal visa journey. I am sure I am not the only member who feels a bit irked when people don't want to take the time to read a guide that has been carefully laid out and tested (and works, we read and followed it and have our visa). You'll get plenty of personal feedback on here - I'm 100% positive you'll have lots of questions that aren't answered in the guides or aren't clear and members on here love to give congrats when other members have reached goals in their process.

Edited by JamesMiranda

Naturalization

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

Timeline
Correction - this site was not set up so that people who don't want to take the time to read the guide can ask someone else to explain it to them. The guide page for the K1 visa (as found here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;page=k1guide) is not long and does not consist of pages and pages. In fact, it is a MUCH better idea to read that instead of ask members because there the information is consolidated and is tried and true and has worked for many of us. Some of the information gotten from members will not be as concise, clear, and possibly may not even be correct. The site is more for those to ask questions that are not specifically answered in the guides or in the instructions for the forms, to encourage one another, and to share stories of your personal visa journey. I am sure I am not the only member who feels a bit irked when people don't want to take the time to read a guide that has been carefully laid out and tested (and works, we read and followed it and have our visa). You'll get plenty of personal feedback on here - I'm 100% positive you'll have lots of questions that aren't answered in the guides or aren't clear and members on here love to give congrats when other members have reached goals in their process.

You're right, of course and I agree with you 100% But in this one instance, it seems fair to give this poor guy some hand holding. You may not know his story but it's a rough one - he filed in January at the correct location and some dumbsh*t at USCIS sent his petition to the local office in El Paso where it sat and sat and sat. He had no idea what was going on and couldn't get straight answers from anyone for a long time. So now, 6 months later, without being affected by IMBRA and without being stuck in security checks - simply due to the ignorance of some moron, his petition will just now be sent to CA. Seems like helping him out would just be a nice thing to do.

You're right, of course and I agree with you 100% But in this one instance, it seems fair to give this poor guy some hand holding. You may not know his story but it's a rough one - he filed in January at the correct location and some dumbsh*t at USCIS sent his petition to the local office in El Paso where it sat and sat and sat. He had no idea what was going on and couldn't get straight answers from anyone for a long time. So now, 6 months later, without being affected by IMBRA and without being stuck in security checks - simply due to the ignorance of some moron, his petition will just now be sent to CA. Seems like helping him out would just be a nice thing to do.

Well, I didn't know his personal situation. My response was more to the person saying the site is for people to ignore the guides, not the OP. I still think that him reading the guides is a lot better than someone telling him what to do since the guides are a compilation of a lot of experiences and one or two posters giving him replies on here could mean misinformation. I obviously want the OP to get the right answers and I think the guides are definitely the best source for those!

Naturalization

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well, I didn't know his personal situation. My response was more to the person saying the site is for people to ignore the guides, not the OP. I still think that him reading the guides is a lot better than someone telling him what to do since the guides are a compilation of a lot of experiences and one or two posters giving him replies on here could mean misinformation. I obviously want the OP to get the right answers and I think the guides are definitely the best source for those!

I do not believe that I ever suggested that people ignore the guides. What I did say is that this site was set up for fellow VJ members to ask ANY question freely without receiving condescending replies such as yours telling him to read it himself!!! Many people DO have different circumstances that require a little more compassion and hand holding. No body is suggesting that the guides be ignored since they do hold very informtive information.

But...... if you get "irked" by questions such as these.......... than simply don't respond....It is much better than being a RUDE ASSSSS and telling the person to go find it in the guides with a rude condescending tone...................That was my point....... :yes:

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.