Isabel

hubby called USCIS

76 posts in this topic

Actually, I wasn't talking about myself being belittled.

I-751 Submitted August 2008

RFE Nov. 5, 2008 for incorrect fee

Nov. 6, 2008 Package returned to VSC with correct fee

NO COMMUNICATION FROM USCIS WHATSOEVER!

August 29, 2009 Letter of Intent to start removal proceedings

August 31, 2009 Letter and Phone with Congressman's office

Sept. 3, 2009 Infopass

Sept. 4, 2009 New I-751 submitted with another fee

Sept. 25, 2009 I-797C NOA received with 1 year extention dated Sept. 14, 2009

Oct. 2, 2009 NOA2 Biometrics Letter Appointment received

Oct. 9, 2009 Biometrics

Oct. 12, 2009 Updated on USICS website

Jan. 12, 2010 RFE

Feb. 2, 2010 RFE Returned

Feb. 4, 2010[/b ]RFE Received by USCIS

Feb. 19, 2010 EMAIL, TEXT & WEB UPDATE! CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED! Hallelujah!

Feb. 22, 2010 Second Email and text stating card production ordered.

Feb. 24, 2010 Email and Text stating Approval notice mailed.

Feb. 25, 2010 Approval letter I-797C dated 2/19/2010 received.

Feb. 27, 2010 Green Card arrived!! Envelope postmarked 2/23

Vintage Gifts & Upcycled Art!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
shonjaved,

I believe I've already answered your question? You've got an adjudicated, approved, I-129f petition. You may or may not have a legitimate complaint about the visa processing - for the purpose of this discussion I'll stipulate that your complaint is legitimate. But you've got no complaint with the USCIS over the I-129f petition - they did what you paid them to do, and you even got the decision that you wanted.

MrsWhizz does not have her I-129f petition processed yet, nor does she need it anymore. But the USCIS has put some time and money into it, and more important to her she does already have an approved I-130. She opted to buy the insurance, and as it turns out she won't need to collect on it. If only we all had 20-20 hindsight.

Yodrak

DEFINE PROCESS????????????????????????

because they look at it.. its considered processed? give me a break. I dont think anyone

goes into applying the I-129f only to have it processed - we go into this wanting adjudication.

it was not approved or denied. it was CANCELLED..uff I did not get a fancy

were cancelling your k-3 petition notice either. :angry:

you make it sound like " let me pee pee on your leg call it rain" if anyone sayes anything then its

" uff at least you got water " :angry:

Edited by shonjaved
shon.gif

shonjaved,

You're I-129f petition was, at some point, approved. If it hadn't been your husband would not have had a K3 visa application before the consulate to be put into administrative review (or administrative processing, whichever term you prefer).

From what you've posted, the I-129f petition may still be in approved status. It appears to be the K3 visa application processing that has been cancelled.

Yodrak

it was not approved or denied. it was CANCELLED..uff I did not get a fancy

were cancelling your k-3 petition notice either.

you make it sound like " let me pee pee on your leg call it rain" if anyone sayes anything then its

" uff at least you got water "

HI guys,

:huh: wow i didnt expect that to become such an interesting discussion. Today that I slept one night over that whole issue again I have some different thoughts about it.

I think paying that fee is not the worst thing (since we spend so much money on other things after that). I dont think one can blame anyone.....well. As already mentioned before USCIS believes probably they are moving along really fast (compared to other things) I mean what are 6 months to them? Nothing. And I dont wanna know how many petitions they have to process! We here on VJ are just a very small amount. And honestly if you could travel on a K3 to the US and already having the CR1 at the NVC....would you complain about the fees because you then decide ah well we are doing AOS in the US instead? It is everyones own choice to take the K3 route. I actually consider it just as a lucky option if you get the K3 fast and BEFORE the CR1.

And I do think it is a very good thing that the american government reforms the immigration law. Sure we are stucked in that process now (at least a part of us) but if they would do it later there would be other people in that situation. So it really doesnt matter when they pass a law or reform a bill. It always affects people and their pending applications.

:thumbs: Chin up, we all will be together with our loved ones. Sooner or later.

I.

OUR TIMELINE

01/20/06...married

02/28/06...NOA1....I-130 VSC

May 2006..Medical in Frankfurt

06/14/06...I-130 approved via email [day 111]

06/19/06...NOA2....I-130 received via mail

07/10/06...talked to embassy to expedite the process

07/12/06...NVC stated case completed and sent to FRANKFURT[day 147]

07/17/06...received packet 3 from embassy

07/29/06...received packet 4

08/15/06...INTERVIEW at 7:30am- APPROVED

08/21/06...VISA received

08/23/06...Flight to US

08/23/06...I am back home

09/20/06...received greencard in mail

09/27/06...received SSC in Mail

09/23/07...our daughter was born :)

30/05/07...filed for Removal of Conditions

07/05/08...received NOA for I-751

01/07/08...college here I come :)

waiting for biometrics and Approval.....

usa1.gifKeith & IsabelgermanyWHT_rd30.gif

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

well, i didn't get the information to follow both path from this side originally... and it didn't sound like a "recommendation" either, but more like a 'requirement" to file both petitions.

the actual thing I AM complaining about is that you never know where you are at with any of these two petitions... nobody can give you information when it makes sense to cancel one process and only pursue the other...

we, as the petitioners, are required to submit documents accurately and in a timely manner - but we never really get any response regarding the status of our cases.

sannie,

Then blame VJ if you're upset about the extra cost of following two parallel paths, or again yourself for not understanding both the pros and cons underlying a recommendation to follow both. Because the K3 is purely optional and it hasn't been as attractive as it once was for quite some time now. (And with IMBRA it may be even less attractive.)

Yodrak

Your choice to pursue a K3 visa or not. The government has given you an option, they haven't coerced you into using it.

Yodrak

maybe I got this wrong then, but this side here even tells you to pursue both ways [in the guides] and I thought that's what you have to do...

Don't get me wrong, it is a nice option to pursue both, but you never know where you are at with any of the two...

met Oct 2001 during my exchange program at his university

July 2002 Jon comes to visit me in Germany for two months

Dec 2002-Feb 2003 I visit him again in California

Mar 2003 Jon's comes to visit me for Spring Break

Aug 2003 I return to the US on a tourist visa to look for an internship

Jan 2004 - Jul 2005 internship on a J-1 and live with Jon

Dec 2005 got married in the US

TIMELINE

I-130

1/23/06 - I-130 sent to California Service Center

2/3/06 - CSC received I-130

2/8/06 - *touched*

04/25/06 - approval notice I-797 for I-130

I-129F

2-24-06 - I-129F sent to Chicago Service Center

2-27-06 CSC received I-129F

3-01-06 NOA1

3-04-06 *touched*

3-07-06 *touched*

3-08-06 *touched*

3-18-06 *touched*

If people "hear" that the K-3 is faster, it's incumbant upon them to research it and find out how it's faster, or it's faster for *what* exactly.

Well, I researched the K3 before we applied and had a good idea of how long it was taking to process. I *didn't* know that IMBRA would affect my husband's petition, and I still don't understand what's going on with the processing of K3s. If we'd known they'd stop processing K3s received after March 6th we would've found the extra cash to submit it a couple of days earlier. If we couldn't have done that and had known what their process was we wouldn't have bothered with the K3.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Actually, I wasn't talking about myself being belittled.

:( Then I still have no idea what you meant.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Timeline
If people "hear" that the K-3 is faster, it's incumbant upon them to research it and find out how it's faster, or it's faster for *what* exactly.

Well, I researched the K3 before we applied and had a good idea of how long it was taking to process. I *didn't* know that IMBRA would affect my husband's petition, and I still don't understand what's going on with the processing of K3s. If we'd known they'd stop processing K3s received after March 6th we would've found the extra cash to submit it a couple of days earlier. If we couldn't have done that and had known what their process was we wouldn't have bothered with the K3.

No one could have anticipated the IMBRA related problems, it's true that that is 'just one of those things'. I was responding more in the vein of having heard the same complaint over the past year and a half or better.. people often feel ripped off by the K-3 now, even tho it is doing what it has always done & its the I-130 that sped up.

I didn't mean my comment to say that you should have known about the March deadline and done something differently. :)

well, i didn't get the information to follow both path from this side originally... and it didn't sound like a "recommendation" either, but more like a 'requirement" to file both petitions.

the actual thing I AM complaining about is that you never know where you are at with any of these two petitions... nobody can give you information when it makes sense to cancel one process and only pursue the other...

we, as the petitioners, are required to submit documents accurately and in a timely manner - but we never really get any response regarding the status of our cases.

Well, it *is* a requirement to file the I-130, which you could say leads to both visas.. I don't know what else to say to that.

I'd submit that you know *exactly* where you are with either of the two petitions. They are sitting in line, waiting their turns at their respective Service Centers. I'll bet what you are frustrated about is that you don't know how many people are in *front* of you.

I can't see any benefit in canceling either, and I'm not clear why you would want to. When you start getting to visa application time, that's when you should do some analysis.

The system is not designed to give you any case-specific response, and all the calling of NVC and monitoring of email accounts and looking for 'touches' is not going to give you any idea either, really. I think that is the biggest drawback to VJ and other sites where people obsess on minutia. You should have a general idea, keep an eye on your case, but really, don't torture yourself. If they are this slow with the amount of information given out now, can you imagine what it would be like if they had to go physically look up individual cases? eek.

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

There's no sense being mad about what we can't control. We have to be like Buddhists and have no expectations, which are the source of disappointment and misery. We can look at the silver lining, which is this: I married a great guy who loves me, we're on the visa train, and there will be a point at which we're together again, and turkeys can stay frozen for months.

JUST A SMALL POINT.

GREAT IDEA TO JUXTAPOSE BUDDISM AND FROZEN TURKEY.

-LAST I HEARD BUDDISTS DON'T EAT MEAT!!

AND THAT TURKEY CAN TURN BAD AND DISEASED EVEN IF FROZEN. NOTHING REALLY LAST FOREVER JERSEY.........

UK-Royal-Standard-HM-Queen.gif

Down With The Monarchy

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry you're in a foul mood, godsavethequeen. Better to be kind to yourself. The turkey reference (intended to be humourous) was for desperatewife, who'd hoped to have her husband back for Thanksgiving. Lighten up. We're all trying to support one another during a difficult time. After all, what's the alternative?

I-130 sent Mar 30, 06

approved Aug 15, 06

I-129f sent April 24, 06

approved July 27, 06

Montreal interview Jan 18, 07

POE Toronto Jan 28, 07

EAD sent Jan. 30, 07

transferred to Vermont Feb 12

biometrics Feb 22

approved March 13

card returned undeliverable! March 27

called after 6 weeks to have EAD re-sent

AOS sent Jan. 30, 07

biometrics Feb 22

RFE for complete medical (!) Feb 23

Called Senator from NJ - never returned call

Infopass March 19 (no help)

Replied to RFE with duplicate medical March 19

Sent additional evidence (I-693A) March 26

NBC received supplement March 30

touched April 4

Interview July 16

Sorry you're in a foul mood, godsavethequeen. Better to be kind to yourself. The turkey reference (intended to be humourous) was for desperatewife, who'd hoped to have her husband back for Thanksgiving. Lighten up. We're all trying to support one another during a difficult time. After all, what's the alternative?

:thumbs:

shon.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

..........be kind yourself bunny ears!! Thanksgiving?? The celebration of the genocide of the indigenous population of the Americas!! Very amusing. They gave food and help we gave Small Pox and War. Fair swap ehh?

godsavethequeen, the fascist regime, made you a moron, :whistle:

UK-Royal-Standard-HM-Queen.gif

Down With The Monarchy

godsavethequeen, the fascist regime, made you a moron,

Oh my favourite Sex Pistols song......lol, NOT!!......."Pretty Vacant" was though :P

Amanda-England (Yorkshire)- Mark-USA(Michigan)

April/04/2005- Visa journey began!!

We did both K3 & CR1 visa's, got both!!- I returned to England for my CR1 interview after first arriving on a K3 visa!!

May/25th 2006- Green card arrives in the mail................YAY!!

19th June 2006 I Had to go to the Social Security Office to get my number, the DS-230 didnt work for me!!

26-June-2006- Social Security# arrived in the mail....YAY!!

Feb 2008 lift conditions <<<reminder to self!!<<<< went to England for a visit instead, no rush right, 90 days is a long time,LOL

Removing Conditions Begins

Mailed I-751 April 12th 2008

signed for @ NSC April 16th

NOA date April 16th

Conditional GC expired May 5th 2008

Biometrics Detroit May 10th 2008

10 year Green card ordered August 20th 2008

Citizenship any time from feb 2009

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
There's no sense being mad about what we can't control. We have to be like Buddhists and have no expectations, which are the source of disappointment and misery. We can look at the silver lining, which is this: I married a great guy who loves me, we're on the visa train, and there will be a point at which we're together again, and turkeys can stay frozen for months.

JUST A SMALL POINT.

GREAT IDEA TO JUXTAPOSE BUDDISM AND FROZEN TURKEY.

-LAST I HEARD BUDDISTS DON'T EAT MEAT!!

AND THAT TURKEY CAN TURN BAD AND DISEASED EVEN IF FROZEN. NOTHING REALLY LAST FOREVER JERSEY.........

You actually just touched upon one of the key points of Buddhist philosophy....The reality that nothing lasts forever. Your body will eventually fade, your mind will wither, and yes your marriage in one way or another will come to an end. It is undeniable, and though it might be against our natural tendency in western culture, there is simply nothing we can do to prevent that. Suffering, loss and pain are all parts of our human existence. We can either accept it and find peace with knowing what is reality, or we can agitate ourselves and exhaust energy in an attempt to prevent the unpreventable. When we become aware of the true nature of things, it is actually much easier to be happy because our minds have accepted what is and have ceased in seeking after things that are not true.

Now I think the point that Jersey Girl is trying to make here is related to the same. Each person here WILL be apart from their loved one for a period ranging anywhere from 6-12 months. You WILL spend time and money in an attempt to get them to live with you in this country. There is simply no getting around this as it is reality. Yes there are times to be inquisitive and even vigilant with people in order to obtain information that is necessary to bring your loved one over here, but ultimately it is only to make sure that that wait goes as smoothly as possible...

I

I-129F Timeline

07-14-06-I-129F Sent

07-16-06-I-129F Arrived in Chicago

07-20-06-I-129F NOA 1

07-27-06-Touched

10-23-06-Touched

11-18-06-Touched

11-22-06-Touched

11-24-06-Approved

11-27-06-Touched

12-04-06-NVC Received

12-06-06-NVC Left

12-14-06-Arrived at Consulate

01-04-07-Packet 3 Received

01-05-07-Packet 3 Sent

01-10-07-Medical Examination

02-13-07-Interview in Johannesburg

Timeline

..........be kind yourself bunny ears!! Thanksgiving?? The celebration of the genocide of the indigenous population of the Americas!! Very amusing. They gave food and help we gave Small Pox and War. Fair swap ehh?

godsavethequeen, the fascist regime, made you a moron, :whistle:

Might consider where those Pilgrims came from, if you think their behavior was that bad....

Or do some fact checking.

Thanks for playing, though, and thank for the Sex Pistols reminder!

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.