mjk1

Medical and interview

26 posts in this topic

Bringing my fiance to the interview was a really great idea. He helped calm me down when I started to get nervous, and the interviewer seemed to like him being there. I was nervous and he took my hand and held it and I saw her smile a little :) What a cute, touching moment.

If you are 110% confident you have all the requirements and nothing will be wrong with your medical, you could probably limit yourself 4 days in Montreal. You want 1 day for the medical, 2 days for it to be processed, and then the interview the next day. Since you are in Nova Scotia, I would definitely wait, taking an extra trip would be a lot more time and money.

The only thing I am unsure of is the immunization shots and am going to docs to have them before the medical exam...just to be on the safe side. I am trying to be completely prepared...and this board is turning out to be invaluable!

The woods are lovely, dark and deep; But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep...

Bringing my fiance to the interview was a really great idea. He helped calm me down when I started to get nervous, and the interviewer seemed to like him being there. I was nervous and he took my hand and held it and I saw her smile a little :) What a cute, touching moment.

If you are 110% confident you have all the requirements and nothing will be wrong with your medical, you could probably limit yourself 4 days in Montreal. You want 1 day for the medical, 2 days for it to be processed, and then the interview the next day. Since you are in Nova Scotia, I would definitely wait, taking an extra trip would be a lot more time and money.

The only thing I am unsure of is the immunization shots and am going to docs to have them before the medical exam...just to be on the safe side. I am trying to be completely prepared...and this board is turning out to be invaluable!

I hunted and found this.... brought a print-out to my MD yesterday, and she signed/sealed a letter stating I had had all of the required immunizations...

http://www.panelphysicians.com/Pages/Age6.htm

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Thanks Hugglebuggles (lol at the cute name :D ) I see you are in Littleton...I am going to Colorado Springs...my favorite needlework shop is in Littleton. I am amazed at how many people here are either from Canada or Colorado. Small world...

I just saw this now! Colorado Springs is a great place, I love it. Its funny how many Canadians you see in Colorado as well, or people with Canadian connections. I think its because Colorado seems to have a Canada feel... Its cold, it snows, we talk the same, people are generally pretty nice, a common love for hockey... :lol: I met a fellow VJer at the medical and then the interview who is going to Colorado as well. Small world!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
A week? This is going to be expensive...:(

That's what I am here for. Hi Sweetie! :thumbs:

Some people break one egg. Some people break two.... .

ssddfffgfghj;oiuygjdkdhhhkdkdtrertyhjkl;';lkjgh;iougiougiyi;ojkl;lkjhhjkl;;lkjhgfghjklkjhgmj. the overachiever

Thanks Hugglebuggles (lol at the cute name :D ) I see you are in Littleton...I am going to Colorado Springs...my favorite needlework shop is in Littleton. I am amazed at how many people here are either from Canada or Colorado. Small world...

I just saw this now! Colorado Springs is a great place, I love it. Its funny how many Canadians you see in Colorado as well, or people with Canadian connections. I think its because Colorado seems to have a Canada feel... Its cold, it snows, we talk the same, people are generally pretty nice, a common love for hockey... :lol: I met a fellow VJer at the medical and then the interview who is going to Colorado as well. Small world!

I honestly knew nothing about Colorado before I met Galeon 7. We met on the internet, on a Highlander BB...I had to google to be sure where Colorado was *is embarrased*

I fell in love with it almost instantly though...it is beautiful there...and of course, G is there!

The woods are lovely, dark and deep; But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We've had this discussion. Money is the least of our worries.

Some people break one egg. Some people break two.... .

ssddfffgfghj;oiuygjdkdhhhkdkdtrertyhjkl;';lkjgh;iougiougiyi;ojkl;lkjhhjkl;;lkjhgfghjklkjhgmj. the overachiever

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I honestly knew nothing about Colorado before I met Galeon 7. We met on the internet, on a Highlander BB...I had to google to be sure where Colorado was *is embarrased*

I fell in love with it almost instantly though...it is beautiful there...and of course, G is there!

Don't be embarrassed! I did the same thing! I had absolutely no idea where it was and knew nothing about it... but It only took seeing it once to fall in love with the place!

As far as the money goes... Its worth every penny when you have that visa in your hand!

You guys are cute :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Don't be embarrassed! I did the same thing! I had absolutely no idea where it was and knew nothing about it... but It only took seeing it once to fall in love with the place!

As far as the money goes... Its worth every penny when you have that visa in your hand!

You guys are cute :lol:

Thanks! We are just a couple of middle aged teenagers... :P

I have been going over my vaccination records...such as they are. I don`t know what to bring to the medical as proof of vaccinations...do I have to contact the department of health for a certificate? Where do I look for proof of vaccinations? I have had a tetnus shot, but I think it was more than 10 years ago. I got it at the outpatients dept of the hospital...do they even keep records of that?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.