Kryztine ★

Thank God, my K1 visa was approved!

37 posts in this topic

Hello VJers! Finally, my visa was approved! I got a pink slip w/c u could see at the attached pic here. All my prayers were heard coz my interview went well, smooth and fast. I'm so glad that the pre-screener and the consul were both so nice and good lookin' guys (they keep on smiling pa and that makes my day hahaha!).

First, i got there at exactly 6am in the waiting area, good thing it's not raining coz walang shade sa waiting area. Then i was able to fall in line near the gate i think 7:05am na at syempre mahaba ang pila. They inspected the confirmation letter and then pila ulit sa Gate 2 for security check. Don't ever dare to bring any cellfone or electronic gadgets kse there's an x-ray scan to check the bags and the lady ahead of me has 3 electronic gadgets including a celfone in her bag ha and it was detected there and the lady guard got confused and thought it was my bag so my bag was rescanned again. When I was able to get inside, i fall in line at the Immigration Booth and here i passed the DS forms and the confirmation ltr, here i was given a number stub at 7:43am and an Air21 form. After 15 mins, my name was called for Finger Scanning and after that, i waited for my number to be flashed on the board. While i'm waiting, i keep on praying the Apostle's Creed w/c my fiance adviced me to do so coz i'm a bit nervous about the validity of my Bahrain Police Clearance. After 15 mins again, my number flashed and i went to the Windows 16 for the pre-screener interview. Here i gave him the BC, CENOMAR, NBI and my Bahrain Police Clearance. He returned one of my pix fr St. Luke's and he started to ask me some questions. The pre-screener was a very nice Filipino guy, he looked like Bobby Yan na moreno and he smiled at me most of the time at Tagalog lang sya magtanong. He asked for the Affidavit of Support papers and i gave it to him. Then he asked me: Kung nakapunta na ba ko ng ibang bansa, saan? gaano ako katagal don? ano work ko sa Bahrain? at kelan at paano kame nagkakilala ng fiance ko? He's jotting down all my answers sa paper. And then, he asked me if i have photos together w/ my fiance and i gave him my clear book w/ our photos, he looked at it and then he told me to wait again for my number to be flashed and thanked me. He didn't ask for other evidences like emails, chat logs or phone call logs ha. Tapos hinabol nya ulit ako to ask one last question w/c is kelan nakarating sa US ang fiance ko and i answered it w/ a smile. My God, it was a big relief for me kse nga inaccept yung Bahrain Police Clearance ko khit nung Oct 08 pa sya inissue so nawala tlaga ang kaba ko. For the consul interview, i think i waited a bit longer here. I saw my number flashed at 8:48am then i went to Window 29 but i was told to wait lang muna dun sa chair coz may iniinterview pa sa loob. Here, i prayed again and i could hear fr outside that the consul was an American. I was able to get inside at exactly 9am. The consul was a nice looking American guy, i guess in his middle age. He's so kind and warm. He asked me to raise my hands for a sworn statement and just asked me a few questions like how did u meet your fiance, if i've been to other country and what did i do there, how's my work experience in Bahrain, when was the last time i saw my fiance, what's his work and then he looked at our pictures together and he saw one of our pix that my fiance was holding a baby together w/ me and he asked if that was my baby and i was confused coz i used to call my fiance as "baby" so i tried to look closer and i recognized it was the baby cousin of my fiance. he just smiled at me and he saw one pic again of my fiance w/ tattoos on both of his arms and he was so amazed about it and he told me, "How i wish i also have a tattoo like that! That's cool!" and i told him that it was just a fake tattoo that he put in his arms during his gig in a Filipino bar in Cali. He laughed about it and asked me to wait for a second coz he's goin to type something. Then finally, he said "I don't see any problems w/ ur application Cristina, your visa was approved and congratulations! WOW! My reaction was "Really, it was approved? Thank you very much sir!" with a big smile on my face hahaha! He gave me the pink slip and told me to wait for my number to be flashed. The interview was really just 5 mins. Then after that, i went to Window 37, they returned my clear book w/ photos and then i proceeded to the Air21 booth. I'm super happy w/ my interview experience and i even forgot to go to the CR ha. I'm out at 9:15am, that was fast di ba? At syempre, dumaan muna ko ng Baclaran church to thank Him for a very nice interview. When i went home, i txted my fiance about it and he jumped for joy lang naman at tumaas ang blood pressure nya sa excitement at tuwa haha!

Again, thank you so much VJers for all of your support and good advices here. May God bless you all!

99541537.jpg

Congrats! :thumbs:

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Kainggit naman!!!! Sis yung sa interview sa consul, sa loob ng room yun? hindi sa booth lang?

Hello VJers! Finally, my visa was approved! I got a pink slip w/c u could see at the attached pic here. All my prayers were heard coz my interview went well, smooth and fast. I'm so glad that the pre-screener and the consul were both so nice and good lookin' guys (they keep on smiling pa and that makes my day hahaha!).

First, i got there at exactly 6am in the waiting area, good thing it's not raining coz walang shade sa waiting area. Then i was able to fall in line near the gate i think 7:05am na at syempre mahaba ang pila. They inspected the confirmation letter and then pila ulit sa Gate 2 for security check. Don't ever dare to bring any cellfone or electronic gadgets kse there's an x-ray scan to check the bags and the lady ahead of me has 3 electronic gadgets including a celfone in her bag ha and it was detected there and the lady guard got confused and thought it was my bag so my bag was rescanned again. When I was able to get inside, i fall in line at the Immigration Booth and here i passed the DS forms and the confirmation ltr, here i was given a number stub at 7:43am and an Air21 form. After 15 mins, my name was called for Finger Scanning and after that, i waited for my number to be flashed on the board. While i'm waiting, i keep on praying the Apostle's Creed w/c my fiance adviced me to do so coz i'm a bit nervous about the validity of my Bahrain Police Clearance. After 15 mins again, my number flashed and i went to the Windows 16 for the pre-screener interview. Here i gave him the BC, CENOMAR, NBI and my Bahrain Police Clearance. He returned one of my pix fr St. Luke's and he started to ask me some questions. The pre-screener was a very nice Filipino guy, he looked like Bobby Yan na moreno and he smiled at me most of the time at Tagalog lang sya magtanong. He asked for the Affidavit of Support papers and i gave it to him. Then he asked me: Kung nakapunta na ba ko ng ibang bansa, saan? gaano ako katagal don? ano work ko sa Bahrain? at kelan at paano kame nagkakilala ng fiance ko? He's jotting down all my answers sa paper. And then, he asked me if i have photos together w/ my fiance and i gave him my clear book w/ our photos, he looked at it and then he told me to wait again for my number to be flashed and thanked me. He didn't ask for other evidences like emails, chat logs or phone call logs ha. Tapos hinabol nya ulit ako to ask one last question w/c is kelan nakarating sa US ang fiance ko and i answered it w/ a smile. My God, it was a big relief for me kse nga inaccept yung Bahrain Police Clearance ko khit nung Oct 08 pa sya inissue so nawala tlaga ang kaba ko. For the consul interview, i think i waited a bit longer here. I saw my number flashed at 8:48am then i went to Window 29 but i was told to wait lang muna dun sa chair coz may iniinterview pa sa loob. Here, i prayed again and i could hear fr outside that the consul was an American. I was able to get inside at exactly 9am. The consul was a nice looking American guy, i guess in his middle age. He's so kind and warm. He asked me to raise my hands for a sworn statement and just asked me a few questions like how did u meet your fiance, if i've been to other country and what did i do there, how's my work experience in Bahrain, when was the last time i saw my fiance, what's his work and then he looked at our pictures together and he saw one of our pix that my fiance was holding a baby together w/ me and he asked if that was my baby and i was confused coz i used to call my fiance as "baby" so i tried to look closer and i recognized it was the baby cousin of my fiance. he just smiled at me and he saw one pic again of my fiance w/ tattoos on both of his arms and he was so amazed about it and he told me, "How i wish i also have a tattoo like that! That's cool!" and i told him that it was just a fake tattoo that he put in his arms during his gig in a Filipino bar in Cali. He laughed about it and asked me to wait for a second coz he's goin to type something. Then finally, he said "I don't see any problems w/ ur application Cristina, your visa was approved and congratulations! WOW! My reaction was "Really, it was approved? Thank you very much sir!" with a big smile on my face hahaha! He gave me the pink slip and told me to wait for my number to be flashed. The interview was really just 5 mins. Then after that, i went to Window 37, they returned my clear book w/ photos and then i proceeded to the Air21 booth. I'm super happy w/ my interview experience and i even forgot to go to the CR ha. I'm out at 9:15am, that was fast di ba? At syempre, dumaan muna ko ng Baclaran church to thank Him for a very nice interview. When i went home, i txted my fiance about it and he jumped for joy lang naman at tumaas ang blood pressure nya sa excitement at tuwa haha!

Again, thank you so much VJers for all of your support and good advices here. May God bless you all!

99541537.jpg

I-130 Application

09-06-2007 - Sent the I-130

01-02-2008 - Recieved NOA1

05-01-2008 - NOA2 approved!

05-09-2008 - Recieved hard copy of NOA2

05-16-2008 - Recieved the AOS Fee Bill with Manila Case number

05-18-2008 - Sent Choice of Agent via email

07-29-2008 - Recieved IV bill from the mail

09-10-2008 - Paid the I864 bill and IV bill

09-16-2008 - NVC mailed the Instruction packet agent to my hubby

09-28-2008 - Received hard copy of the instruction packet agent

09-29-2008 - Received the I864 packet

03-02-2009 - Hubby sent the I864 and DS230 to NVC

03-06-2009 - NVC received I-864, under review

03-10-2009 - NVC received DS230, under review

03-13-2009 - I-864 complete, still reviewing the DS230

03-19-2009 - Under NVC final review, the operator told me that i need to redo my DS230

03-23-2009 - CASE COMPLETE!!!

03-25-2009 - GOT A MAY 7 INTERVIEW!!!

03-26-2009 - received appointment letter from NVC through email

03-31-2009 - 1st day Medical

04-01-2009 - 2nd day Medical. PASSED!

04-02-2009 - NVC sent docs to USEM

05-07-2009 - USEM Interview.. VISA APPROVED!!!

05-12-2009 - Finally got my VISA!!!

05-27-2009 - Flight to OK

.png

:dance: :dance: :dance: Congratulations :dance: :dance: :dance:

2008 K1Timeline:

I-129F Application

10/25 Received letter from USEM

11/21-11/22 Med Exam

12/02 Interview date, 7AM (Approved)

12/10 Visa on Hand

Date & Place of POE: 12/17 Detroit

03/10/09 Wedding

2009 AOS / EAD / AP Timeline:

4/07 Mailed AOS Package

4/08 Package received

4/14 Cashed Check/

4/18 Biometrics I-485

4/29 Biometrics done

5/02 CSC Transferred

5/05 I-485 Touched (This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred)(30 days)

5/12 I-485 Touched

5/15 EAD Card Production Ordered and AP Approval notice sent

5/18 EAD/AP Touched

5/20 Touched

5/21 AP Received by Mail (44days)

5/22 EAD Received by Mail (45days)

6/25 GC card production ordered!

6/30 Welcome Letter notice received dated 6/26

7/07 Approval notice sent

7/08 GC received by mail

2012 N-400 Timeline:

5/22 Sent

5/30 Cashed Check

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Congratulations!! :dance:

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Thank you u again to all of u, I won't be mentioning all your names here u know who u are, I really appreciate all your greetings here! I'm so grateful i joined the Visa Journey forum. I gained friends here and it lessen my worries about the visa processing may libre pang prayers hehe!

Anyway, RAEKA, dun sa consul kse even if it was called "Window" may sliding door sya so its a closed door small room na may chair sa loob tapos may booth din just like sa pre-screener na nakaheadset sila. Ang sarap sana ihandshake at ihug nung consul after my visa was approved kaso ndi pwede dahil nga sa booth haha! You don't have to put ur documents in a folder kse tinatanggal din nila except yung photos, just put it in a clear book na flexi type para makalusot dun sa butas ng window nila. Kaya mo din yan sis Raeka, kaw pa! Magaling ka naman sa English at ang accent mo winner din haha!

szbfyt86.png

"What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessings in disguiseツ."

"All good things come to he who waits ツ."

Naku! wala naman sa ganda ng accent yan di ba? Kelangan marunong sumagot. Thank you for your post. napipicture ko ngayon kung anung mangyayari sakin next week. Ninenerbyos talaga ako tuwing naiisip ko!!!!!!!!!!! :bonk:

Thank you u again to all of u, I won't be mentioning all your names here u know who u are, I really appreciate all your greetings here! I'm so grateful i joined the Visa Journey forum. I gained friends here and it lessen my worries about the visa processing may libre pang prayers hehe!

Anyway, RAEKA, dun sa consul kse even if it was called "Window" may sliding door sya so its a closed door small room na may chair sa loob tapos may booth din just like sa pre-screener na nakaheadset sila. Ang sarap sana ihandshake at ihug nung consul after my visa was approved kaso ndi pwede dahil nga sa booth haha! You don't have to put ur documents in a folder kse tinatanggal din nila except yung photos, just put it in a clear book na flexi type para makalusot dun sa butas ng window nila. Kaya mo din yan sis Raeka, kaw pa! Magaling ka naman sa English at ang accent mo winner din haha!

I-130 Application

09-06-2007 - Sent the I-130

01-02-2008 - Recieved NOA1

05-01-2008 - NOA2 approved!

05-09-2008 - Recieved hard copy of NOA2

05-16-2008 - Recieved the AOS Fee Bill with Manila Case number

05-18-2008 - Sent Choice of Agent via email

07-29-2008 - Recieved IV bill from the mail

09-10-2008 - Paid the I864 bill and IV bill

09-16-2008 - NVC mailed the Instruction packet agent to my hubby

09-28-2008 - Received hard copy of the instruction packet agent

09-29-2008 - Received the I864 packet

03-02-2009 - Hubby sent the I864 and DS230 to NVC

03-06-2009 - NVC received I-864, under review

03-10-2009 - NVC received DS230, under review

03-13-2009 - I-864 complete, still reviewing the DS230

03-19-2009 - Under NVC final review, the operator told me that i need to redo my DS230

03-23-2009 - CASE COMPLETE!!!

03-25-2009 - GOT A MAY 7 INTERVIEW!!!

03-26-2009 - received appointment letter from NVC through email

03-31-2009 - 1st day Medical

04-01-2009 - 2nd day Medical. PASSED!

04-02-2009 - NVC sent docs to USEM

05-07-2009 - USEM Interview.. VISA APPROVED!!!

05-12-2009 - Finally got my VISA!!!

05-27-2009 - Flight to OK

.png

Naku! wala naman sa ganda ng accent yan di ba? Kelangan marunong sumagot. Thank you for your post. napipicture ko ngayon kung anung mangyayari sakin next week. Ninenerbyos talaga ako tuwing naiisip ko!!!!!!!!!!! :bonk:

Raeka, ok lng kabahan ka (alam ko madaling sbihin pero mahirap gwin hehe) khit anong pilit mo tlgang kakabahan ka pero pag nakaharap mo na yung CO nde kna kakabahan kc ang nsa isip mo e 5 mins lng to para matapos na sagot kana lng ng sgot tska mababait ang CO pala biro pa isipin mo na lng na nsa THE BUZZ ka at iniinterview ka ni KRIS AQUINO or BOY ABUNDA :D ....GOODLUCK sa interview mo ha! :thumbs:

03.14.2011 -------I-751 sent overnight

03.15.2011 -------package says "Delivered"

03.30.2011 -------ASC Appointment Notice Received

04.22.2011 -------Biometrics Appointment

08.29.2011--------APPROVED! GC RECEIVED!

I'm the wife of an American Soldier;

I'm the hope that lives within him after storm clouded days.

The freedom from war that gives wings to his heart,

May they reach across the miles and bind our hearts together

against all that we must face in this world.

Korek ka dyan ARMYWIFE! Pag nakita mo na yung CO and he smiled agad sayo, mababawasan ang kaba mo. Just answer what is asked and be concise, don't elaborate much. Less talk, less mistakes nga.

Advice ko lang din sayo RAEKA, arrive there at 6:30am na lang para ndi matagal pagaantay mo dun sa waiting area at ang daming tao don. Make sure dry ang finger pads mo before the finger scanning, kaya wag ka na maglotion sa kamay dat day or wag ka muna humawak ng liquid when u arrive there kse bka paulitulit ka ifinger scan don at matagalan ka pa. Be alert inside kse random yung numbers na nagfflash sa board at nkakakaba yung flash tone nung board az in... Basta wag mo ipahalata na kabado ka, smile lang agad and greet them muna when u showed up sa window and memorize all the important dates kse more on yun ang tanong kahit sa iba na naririnig ko don. If super kilala mo naman ang personal history ng hubby mo at ang love story nyo, u got nothing much to worry sa itatanong nila. I hope that would help u... :)

szbfyt86.png

99541537.jpg

congratz!!!! :dance:

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

99541537.jpg

hello... ask ko lang anong mga docs.a ng hiningi sayo?, tapos ung nso, cenomar at nbi binalik badin sayo?, ano lang ginawa nila don sa docs. mo na un...?

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Korek ka dyan ARMYWIFE! Pag nakita mo na yung CO and he smiled agad sayo, mababawasan ang kaba mo. Just answer what is asked and be concise, don't elaborate much. Less talk, less mistakes nga.

Advice ko lang din sayo RAEKA, arrive there at 6:30am na lang para ndi matagal pagaantay mo dun sa waiting area at ang daming tao don. Make sure dry ang finger pads mo before the finger scanning, kaya wag ka na maglotion sa kamay dat day or wag ka muna humawak ng liquid when u arrive there kse bka paulitulit ka ifinger scan don at matagalan ka pa. Be alert inside kse random yung numbers na nagfflash sa board at nkakakaba yung flash tone nung board az in... Basta wag mo ipahalata na kabado ka, smile lang agad and greet them muna when u showed up sa window and memorize all the important dates kse more on yun ang tanong kahit sa iba na naririnig ko don. If super kilala mo naman ang personal history ng hubby mo at ang love story nyo, u got nothing much to worry sa itatanong nila. I hope that would help u... :)

oo tama yun. 6:30 ka na lng dumating dun. ganun din ginawa ko. presence of mind lang ang pagsagot sa CO at pre-screener. kahit hindi sayo nakatingin ang Co eh smile ka pa rin lol! kahit nakasimangot eh smile ka pa rin lol! ako nmn hindi mashado kinabahan pero mejo gininaw lng nmn ako ng unti dun sa loob ng USEM hehe. Good Luck! Ang isipin mo na lang is kung kaya ng iba ay kaya mo rin ;)

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Hi happyme! Sa pre-screener interview hinihingi ang NSO BC, CENOMAR, NBI at kung me Foreign Police Clearance ka just like me at hiningi din pati affidavit of support, employment letter, at latest na ITR at W2 ng fiance ko, they will not return it na. Ang binalik lang saken ay yung local police clearance ko at photos na nilagay ko sa clear book. Actually, ndi na nga ako hinanapan ng other evidences like email, chat logs, phone bills, letter of intent to marry, and other evidences. But its better na overly prepared than kulang ang dala mo just in case they would ask for more, case to case basis naman ang interview.

hello... ask ko lang anong mga docs.a ng hiningi sayo?, tapos ung nso, cenomar at nbi binalik badin sayo?, ano lang ginawa nila don sa docs. mo na un...?

szbfyt86.png

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing all the details.

By the way, I would assume all the Consular Officers would have to be American. Apparently the pre-screeners are mostly Filipinos.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-02

I-129F Receipt Notice : 2008-12-05

RFE: 2009-02-26

Approval Notice: 2009-03-13

NVC Received: 2009-03-23

Left NVC: 2009-05-12

Stuck at NVC 50 days

Interview: 2009-06-23 Passed!

Visa picked up: 2009-06-25

POE Detroit: 2009-07-04

Married: 2009-09-11

Filed for AOS: 2009-09-22

Biometrics taken: 2009-10-29

Advance Parole approved 2009-11-04

Employment Authorization approved 2009-11-04

AOS Appointment 2009-12-15

AOS Approved 2009-12-15

Green Card Received 2010-01-02

Filed for ROC: 2011-09-17

ROC approved 2012-03-21

Green Card Received 2012-03-26

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.