Steve and Amara

My doctor did not give me a copy of the vaccination supplement after my overseas medical

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

You do need the second part filled out. It is usually not done for fiances in the original medical. Do you have records of the vaccinations that you received before the appointment? Call Dr. Arnold and she will tell you what you need for her to complete section 2. She's usually alot cheaper than other local civil surgeons. Her info is in my signature.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
You do need the second part filled out. It is usually not done for fiances in the original medical. Do you have records of the vaccinations that you received before the appointment? Call Dr. Arnold and she will tell you what you need for her to complete section 2. She's usually alot cheaper than other local civil surgeons. Her info is in my signature.

Hi there, thanks for the information. ‘Again though this information seems to conflict the information posted in the guides etc. The guide suggests that “the results of your k!/K2 medical were in the seald envelope that wsa brought with you fgrom your home country. The I-485 instructions suggest that no additional medical is require to fill the AOD within a year of the medical required to obtain a K1/K2. It says that you should simply send a copy of the I-693 (sheet that lists your vaccinations) that your doctor should have provided overseas when you had the medical.

Very confused.

If I were to obtain a copy of the doctors vacination records, and sent that in with my AOS would I still need a civil surgeon to complete the medical supplement?

HELP!

Thank you thank you thank you :)

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Don't quote me on the following info because it's been a longtime since I filed for AOS. I forget to get a copy of my original medical & vaccination results before leaving Australia and had to go to a Civil Surgeon here in the USA so that he could fill out the form and sign it. Luckily my doctor in Australia gave me documentation of all my vaccinations and he just transfered the info to the required form. I hope this helps but check the guides on this website and you may find the answer you need.

Try posting on the Land downunder forum where you will find lots of helpful Aussies. :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi

I am in the same situation, my doctor in Brazil didnt give me a copy of the vaccination results, but I took all of shots and he fill the paper that i broght with me inside the sealed envelope. Now I just read on the USCIS web site if you come with the k-1 visa, the form I-693 is not necessary.

Now i m confused, did anyone from Brazil send this document?

Thanks, i copy below the page where i read the information

"Application Procedures: Becoming a Permanent Resident While in the United States

If you would like to become a lawful permanent resident in the United States, you must file the following items with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services:

Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status

Please review Supplement A to Form I-485 to see if additional fee requirements apply to you.

Form G-325A Biographic Data Sheet (Between the ages of 14 and 79)

Form I-693 Medical Examination Sheet (not required if you are applying based on continuous residence since before 1972, or if you have had a medical exam based on a fiancé visa)

Two color photos taken within 30 days (Please see USCIS Form I-485 for more instructions on photos.)

Form I-864 Affidavit of Support (completed by the sponsor). (This requirement may not apply to you if you are adjusting to permanent resident status based on an employment petition.)

Form I-765 Authorization for Employment (if seeking employment while case is processed). For more information, see How Do I Get a Work Permit?

Evidence of inspection, admission or parole into the United States (Form I-94, Arrival Departure Record). See How Do I Get an Arrival-Departure Record? for more information. "

Source: USCIS

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Edited by Sammm

Hi there, thanks for the information. ‘Again though this information seems to conflict the information posted in the guides etc. The guide suggests that “the results of your k!/K2 medical were in the seald envelope that wsa brought with you fgrom your home country. The I-485 instructions suggest that no additional medical is require to fill the AOD within a year of the medical required to obtain a K1/K2. It says that you should simply send a copy of the I-693 (sheet that lists your vaccinations) that your doctor should have provided overseas when you had the medical.

Very confused.

If I were to obtain a copy of the doctors vacination records, and sent that in with my AOS would I still need a civil surgeon to complete the medical supplement?

HELP!

Thank you thank you thank you :)

If you entered on a K1 (or K3)-visa, and you file for AOS within the year of the medical exam, you are not required to undergo an entire medical exam. You should normally only get your vaccinations completed, considering that is not a requirement for the K1/K3 visa (where it IS, for the immigrant visa). That is why, for the AOS, the Civil Surgeon will only have to fill in a part of I-693, regarding vaccinations. When you read the instructions on I-485 combined with those on I-693, I believe it clearly says this. (Plus also check out the pinned thread on top of the AOS link, which contains a lot of posts that might answer your question.)

I personally already got all my vaccinations shots, by the Civil Surgeon in fact, during the medical prior to the visa interview abroad (even though it was not required for the K-3, but I wanted to get it taken care of already).

However (and a stupid mistake on my part, to not monitor this), I did not get a copy of my vaccination sheet, and they apparently do not keep records either... All this was put in the envelope that was handed to immigration at POE, but just to be sure, I had a titer blood test done here in the US, to confirm I did get some of the shots. The tetanus shots, I got again. I took proof of my vaccinations to the Civil Surgeon here in the US, and he transcribed it to the I-693.

Do also pay attention to the changed regulations regarding TB. I had the TB skin test done in the US, because the CIS doc in Belgium had only taken X-rays (contrary to new CIS demands). The Civil Surgeon in the US also transcribed the TB skin test results on the I-693, to avoid any RFE lateron.

P.S., for the original poster: have you already tried calling the doctor in Australia that gave you the vaccinations? Maybe they do keep records, and can send you a copy.

Edited by Catt

Website US Department of State, Consular Affairs Bureau: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1339.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.