pho4ray

What to do next after marriage..

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello. Just wanted to know what to do next besides getting the aos package together. My wife and I are now married (she came here on a k1 visa) since 2 weeks ago. I have applied for a ss# and we are now waiting for it the mail(6weeks max since they have to verify the marriage license)...i understandd that getting the ss card is the first thing we need to do and is pretty much required on every paper on the aos application and applying for bank accounts and her ca id.....anyways someone was telling me we need to report that we are now married to the immigration office here in cali so she does not get an overstay and possibly deported...please enlighten me on this concern anyone...thank you so much.....ray and grace

dsc04224md7.jpg

SS Card is not required for AOS (or EAD or AP) - the forms ask for the number but only if you have one.

Next step(s) is to file your AOS (I-485) and (if desired) EAD/AP (this is how you notify USCIS of your marriage). :thumbs:

SS Card is not required for AOS (or EAD or AP) - the forms ask for the number but only if you have one.

Next step(s) is to file your AOS (I-485) and (if desired) EAD/AP (this is how you notify USCIS of your marriage). :thumbs:

:yes::thumbs:

also, for Ca ID or drivers license, she'll have to wait till she has an EAD or green card.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

make sure your forms are updated. double check evrything to avoid

RFE. GOODLUCK...

K-1 TIMELINE

SENT TO CSC 4-18- 08

NOA1 RCVD 4-22- 08

NOA2 RCVD 9-11- 08

MEDICAL 10-14&15, 08 PASSED

INTERVIEW 10-27- 08 APPROVED

VISA RCVD 11-7 - 08

FLIGHT TO USA 11-19- 08 POE SEATTLE

WEDDING 11-29- 08 RED LODGE

AOS TIMELINE

1- 13- 09 SENT TO CHICAGO

1- 19- 09 NOA1

1- 26- 09 RCVD BIOMETRICS LETTER

2- 11- 09 BIOMETRICS DONE

2- 20- 09 CASE TRANSFER TO CSC

3- 24- 09 RCVD AP IN MAIL

4- 2 - 09 RCVD EAD IN MAIL

4- 10- 09 APPLIED SS CARD , CHANGE OF FAMILY NAME

4- 16- 09 GOT MY GREENCARD WITHOUT INTERVIEW

:yes::thumbs:

also, for Ca ID or drivers license, she'll have to wait till she has an EAD or green card.

Same thing in Texas, You need EAD or GC before you can get a Learner Permit or Licenses........

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Timeline

i was just reading over the steps in the aos process..it says i need to have all these documents such as joint bank accounts, bills, credit card statements ect....with both of our names on it...how do you do that when she doesnt even have a social security number? i tried to open a joint account at chase but they told me she needs a ss number.....thats the reason why i applied and was waiting for her ss card to come in.....grr so confusing

dsc04224md7.jpg

i was just reading over the steps in the aos process..it says i need to have all these documents such as joint bank accounts, bills, credit card statements ect....with both of our names on it...how do you do that when she doesnt even have a social security number? i tried to open a joint account at chase but they told me she needs a ss number.....thats the reason why i applied and was waiting for her ss card to come in.....grr so confusing

that's evidence you would bring to the interview, if you have one.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

that's evidence you would bring to the interview, if you have one.

If is the key here.

Most people don't have to do another interview for AOS. Cuz you already did one interview in PI.

We rec'd our GC a few months ago, Never had a interview. Only did Biometrics, and about 60 days later we had EAD and AP in Mail, and then about 30 days later we rec'd GC in Mail.

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

These documents you mentioned, you need to bring them with you on the day of your AOS interview. When my husband and I opened a joint bank account in WaMu, they did ask me for my SSN. Yes, she needs SSN before you can open a joint bank account, before you put her name on the bills, include her in your insurance, etc.

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Timeline

awe ok lol, i feel like im all over the place with this...i see now. i dont need that stuff untill i have our interview date...k k thanks again guys....you guys are like flash!!! with the blink of the eye you guys responded!! thanks so much people...salamat talaga (thanks in tagalog)

dsc04224md7.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.