surfndan

After NOA1

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone-

Ok, this is my first posting. My Canadian fiance and I filed the k1 Visa in the beginning of April and just received our NOA1. :thumbs: Obviously, we are very excited but are unclear as to the next steps!

What do we need to collect for the interview?

Do we just wait to hear from the US consulate in Vancouver to schedule an interview?

Is there anyway we can be proactive?

We are considering having a ceremony in April of 2010 in Canada, once the visa is received, and then making it official in the States.

Based on experience, how long does it usually take once you have received your NOA1 to schedule an interview? My fiance wants to have the ceremony first in Canada and then move into the States with the visa.

Given that the k1 visa expires in 6 months, do you think an April 2010 wedding is doable or will we have to get married earlier like in february or march?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The guides tab above and in particular the K-1 flowchart iwa extremely helpful for me! It contains a link to documents which need to be gathered and all kinds of helpful tips.

Just a note - you cannot be officially married before crossing the border for a K1 visa - but I see you've noted that in your post. So your service in Canada would only be a blessing of sorts?

I would check out the Montreal timeline post to see what's realistic.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Your NOA1 is just a fancy reciept. So yeah, an April 2010 looks like it may happen but no guarantees. Your fiance in the mean time could make sure he's up to date on his shots, obsess over reading visa journey, continue to collect documents of ongoing relationship, start downgrading on any belongings he doesn't want to move to the US with, etc etc. lol Sorry if I'm not much help! Good luck on your journey!

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.