KristinL

Packet 3 Checklist

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm sure this has been asked, so sorry for the repeat.

Our Packet 3 was lost in the mail :wacko: and we think we have everything ready to send back to Montreal. Is there a kind soul out there who can verify what is contained on Packet 3 checklist for Montreal, so we can send it to them? or point me in the right direction?

We are requesting a new packet 3 but don't want to wait. Any help is very appreciated.

Thanks!

[font="Arial Black"][b]Our Visa Journey[/b][/font]
[color="#4B0082"]Met June 6, 2008 & Fell in love :)
He Propsed! September 15, 2008
Mailed I-129F: October 17th, 2008
[b]NOA1: October 28, 2008[/b]
[b]NOA2: March 13th, 2009 * Friday the 13th!*[/b]
NVC Received: April 2, 2009
NVC Shipped to Montreal Consulate: April 3, 2009
Montreal Consulate Received: April 6, 2009
Packet 3 Sent: April 9th, 2009
4/21: Contacted DoS RE lost packet 3 - operator told us to go ahead and send in all our documents
Packet 3 Received in Montreal: 4/22
Packet 3 logged in MTL: 4/24
Packet 4: June 3, 2009
[b]Interview Date: July 8, 2009!! APPROVED![/b]
POE & Date: July 15, 2009
Courthouse wedding: July 17, 2009

Ceremonial Wedding: First weekend June 2010 [/color]

I WISH I COULD FIX MY TIMELINE TOO! :)

[b]Getting it all together for the AOS :) [/b]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The only things you need to send back to Montreal now is the completed checklist, the form DS 230 Part I and you need to complete the form DS 160 online. However, you can't really send back the checklist until you physically receive one to fill out. It will have your MTL case number on it as well, so you can't even print off someone elses and fill it out. Unfortunately you need to wait! But if you have the forms prepared for when it does come, you can send it off really quickly.

Everything else that is listed in the checklist is to be brought to the interview... You need a valid passport (valid for at least a year), 5 US passport sized photos, birth certificate (the long form), a police certificate, court or prison records if applicable, divorce certificate from any previous marriages if applicable, form I-134 Affidavit of Support from the USC with evidence, new letter of intent from your fiance. You also need to arrange for a medical with a USCIS approved civil surgeon. There is one in Vancouver, one in Montreal and one in Toronto. Hope that helps!

Timeline
The only things you need to send back to Montreal now is the completed checklist, the form DS 230 Part I and you need to complete the form DS 160 online. However, you can't really send back the checklist until you physically receive one to fill out. It will have your MTL case number on it as well, so you can't even print off someone elses and fill it out. Unfortunately you need to wait! But if you have the forms prepared for when it does come, you can send it off really quickly.

Everything else that is listed in the checklist is to be brought to the interview... You need a valid passport (valid for at least a year), 5 US passport sized photos, birth certificate (the long form), a police certificate, court or prison records if applicable, divorce certificate from any previous marriages if applicable, form I-134 Affidavit of Support from the USC with evidence, new letter of intent from your fiance. You also need to arrange for a medical with a USCIS approved civil surgeon. There is one in Vancouver, one in Montreal and one in Toronto. Hope that helps!

Thanks much appreciated!

4/21: Contacted DoS RE lost packet 3 - operator told us to go ahead and send in all our documents

Thanks much appreciated!

Wait a minute now everyone.

(This thread is about me actually)

It was my understanding that it is perfectly alright to send in the DS-230 Part I and fill out the DS-160 without the checklist, IF, and only IF, they have lost it in the mail. However, when I called Dr. Seidon's office in Toronto, they told me I needed to bring something to the medical that was mailed to me from Montreal with my case number on top. But I don't have anything! IT'S LOST IN THE MAIL!

I tried e-mailing Montreal with an explanation from Canada Post that my packet 3 may be lost. I requested information on how to proceed. Instead, they sent me a link with no explanation of what I was to do with it. They are obviously so busy they can't even read my e-mail properly.

This is what they sent me:

Please visit on line at http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/reciprocity/index.htm

How on earth am I supposed to interpret this?

Wiki is your friend.

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Canada

Email Montreal and tell them to send your package 3 again. Do you have your case number? If so, and Montreal responds to you, even if it's to tell you they'll resend your Package 3, it will confirm that your case number is whatever it is, and you can bring that case number to the medical.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Wiki is your friend.

Email Montreal and tell them to send your package 3 again. Do you have your case number? If so, and Montreal responds to you, even if it's to tell you they'll resend your Package 3, it will confirm that your case number is whatever it is, and you can bring that case number to the medical.

:thumbs:

Just be sure to include your case number and name in the subject line, so you have that in there when you print out the email to take.

Timeline
Wiki is your friend.

:thumbs:

Just be sure to include your case number and name in the subject line, so you have that in there when you print out the email to take.

Thanks everyone. all the help is very appreciated! :star:

Timeline

What is going on in the mail room at the montreal consulate???

There are several of us who have had to request new package 3s. This is getting ridiculous.

What is going on in the mail room at the montreal consulate???

There are several of us who have had to request new package 3s. This is getting ridiculous.

You also need to arrange for a medical with a USCIS approved civil surgeon. There is one in Vancouver, one in Montreal and one in Toronto. Hope that helps!

ack..! Is there not one in Ottawa???

Timeline
You also need to arrange for a medical with a USCIS approved civil surgeon. There is one in Vancouver, one in Montreal and one in Toronto. Hope that helps!

No, unfortunately not. You'll have to go to Montreal.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

good grief-that's good to know! I'm at the sent-the-I29-package-got-an-RFE-sent-the-evidence stage. And I want to be prepared. I have the birth certificate (long form!), fingerprint/background check, blah blah, so the next thing on my list that I wanna inform myself on is the Dr.'s appointment. Do they send you info re: as to whom and where you go in Montréal? Anything one brings to this appointment...?

Sorry re: the tonne of questions... must be informed so as to maintain sanity... haha

Timeline

good grief-that's good to know! I'm at the sent-the-I29-package-got-an-RFE-sent-the-evidence stage. And I want to be prepared. I have the birth certificate (long form!), fingerprint/background check, blah blah, so the next thing on my list that I wanna inform myself on is the Dr.'s appointment. Do they send you info re: as to whom and where you go in Montréal? Anything one brings to this appointment...?

Sorry re: the tonne of questions... must be informed so as to maintain sanity... haha

Yes it's a pain, they used to have more doctors that provided immigration medicals but for whatever reason, they've whittled it down to a few cities. Causing lots of extra $$ for those who need to travel. If you have your MTL case # you can make the appt.... I know some people go to Montreal and do the medical one day and the interview a few days later.... Yes they do send you the doctor info, but if you do a search on here you'll find the Doc in Montreal who does it.... I don't know as I went in Toronto.... You have to bring passport photos, your case #, passport, $$, etc. to the medical but there is more detailed info that you will find out.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Yes it's a pain, they used to have more doctors that provided immigration medicals but for whatever reason, they've whittled it down to a few cities. Causing lots of extra $$ for those who need to travel. If you have your MTL case # you can make the appt.... I know some people go to Montreal and do the medical one day and the interview a few days later.... Yes they do send you the doctor info, but if you do a search on here you'll find the Doc in Montreal who does it.... I don't know as I went in Toronto.... You have to bring passport photos, your case #, passport, $$, etc. to the medical but there is more detailed info that you will find out.

Thanks so much! i'm still waiting on my NOA2, assuming my RFE reply is all tickety boo... Not sure how long it takes to get my NOA2 assuming all is well...?

But that info is excellent-exactly a semblance of what I wanted to know... Montréal's only a few hours away from here, so it's not much of an issue (appointment then a smoked meat sanwich-ha), but yeah... funny the skip the capital of Canada all together :o

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.