meauxna

Arriving in America

83 posts in this topic

No, they won't separate you; I would be shocked if any child under the age of 16 or so would be separated from their parent. When I came back to the States with my husband, we were directed to go through the same line together. Which line that is depends on the POE and on the day -- we went through Newark and were instructed to go through the visitors' line, but I know penguin_ie (who did DCF as well) also went through Newark and she and her husband were instructed to go through the citizens' line. Ask a CBP officer when you enter the immigration area which line to go to, explaining that you are entering on an IR-1 but your daughter is a USC. They will point you in the right direction. :)

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

No, they won't separate you; I would be shocked if any child under the age of 16 or so would be separated from their parent. When I came back to the States with my husband, we were directed to go through the same line together. Which line that is depends on the POE and on the day -- we went through Newark and were instructed to go through the visitors' line, but I know penguin_ie (who did DCF as well) also went through Newark and she and her husband were instructed to go through the citizens' line. Ask a CBP officer when you enter the immigration area which line to go to, explaining that you are entering on an IR-1 but your daughter is a USC. They will point you in the right direction. :)

THANK YOU!! That is a big relief :)

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

• 1 year later...

Hi i will be flying into America on the 1st of feb, next week actually. I have a CR1 visa. I was just wondering if anything would be different for me seeing as when i was there last time i overstayed my VWP by 75 days. Shall i bring my evidence that shows the date i got back to the UK, so to prove i did not overstay the 180 day limit or will the evidence be on there computer about the day i left. I just assumed that i will be ok as i told the whole thing to the US embassy at the time of my interview for the visa in the first place and they had no issue with it

Would be grateful for any guidance

thanks!

Hi i will be flying into America on the 1st of feb, next week actually. I have a CR1 visa. I was just wondering if anything would be different for me seeing as when i was there last time i overstayed my VWP by 75 days. Shall i bring my evidence that shows the date i got back to the UK, so to prove i did not overstay the 180 day limit or will the evidence be on there computer about the day i left. I just assumed that i will be ok as i told the whole thing to the US embassy at the time of my interview for the visa in the first place and they had no issue with it

Would be grateful for any guidance

thanks!

Also mines not a brown envelope, its a rather large A4 white envelope with a copy of my photo on it. I dont know if its just different because my case was expedited due to my husbands illness....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Also mines not a brown envelope, its a rather large A4 white envelope with a copy of my photo on it. I dont know if its just different because my case was expedited due to my husbands illness....

Yeah, that's what my husband has (the while envelope with a sheet with biographical info stapled to the front).

As far as your overstay is concerned, I would think that won't be an issue at POE.

Edited by Mrs GH

Yeah, that's what my husband has (the while envelope with a sheet with biographical info stapled to the front).

As far as your overstay is concerned, I would think that won't be an issue at POE.

Yes i hope so as i have read on this thread about some POE officers being really nasty for no reason!

• 2 months later...
Filed: Timeline

Can someone please tell me what my mom should write in her U.S. Customs and Border Protection Declaration Form in line 7 - country of residence? Russia or USA? I mean technically, she is not a resident YET. She will become one when she enters the US, so my guess is she should write Russia?

post-128953-0-45136600-1333143626_thumb.jpg

Edited by ebark

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.