Bar-coded cover sheet

2 Passport-sized photographs of the beneficiary

Completed and signed form DS-230, Part 1, by the beneficiary

Completed and unsigned form DS-230, Part 2

Photocopy of the biographic data page of the beneficiary's passport

Certified birth certificate of the beneficiary

Certified marriage certificate of the beneficiary and the petitioner

Original police certificate(s) of the beneficiary

Court record( its required for Moroccan, they call it sigel adli)

Enclosed are photocopies of the following documents:

Photocopy of the biographic data page of the beneficiary's passport

Court record

also enclosed are translations of the following documents:

Court record

do I need to send a photocopies of the translations or the original translations or both? thanks?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I have yet to enter into that process but there are lots of similar questions in other sections if you want to compare. go under the NVC section. good luck!

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Please find enclosed the following documents:

from my undestanding this is what I need to send with my DS-230

Court record

do I need to send a photocopies of the translations or the original translations or both? thanks?

I called NVC already a few weeks ago to ask about the translations for documents not in ENGLISH (which for us is basically ALL of the documents required to send for our case except for the form DS-230 itself)

They told me quite assuredly that the documents did not even need to be translated if they were in the language of my hubby's country/place of interview - MOROCCO.

:unsure: :unsure: But even so... I just got that old sinking feeling in my stomach and now i'm reeeeeeeealy hoping i didn't mess up by not sending any translations?? I think i'll be calling NVC again tomorrow and hope i get the same info as before....

Anyone have any thoughts or experience with that? :wacko:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

0148ea9021.png

Timeline

Court record

I called NVC already a few weeks ago to ask about the translations for documents not in ENGLISH (which for us is basically ALL of the documents required to send for our case except for the form DS-230 itself)

They told me quite assuredly that the documents did not even need to be translated if they were in the language of my hubby's country/place of interview - MOROCCO.

:unsure: :unsure: But even so... I just got that old sinking feeling in my stomach and now i'm reeeeeeeealy hoping i didn't mess up by not sending any translations?? I think i'll be calling NVC again tomorrow and hope i get the same info as before....

Please let me know what happened after you call NVC. thanks

Timeline

Court record

Please let me know what happened after you call NVC. thanks

InshaAllah i will write the results of that tomorrow!! Hoping for the best !! :blink:

0148ea9021.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I was also wondering if we send the originals or the translations...becuase in my case some of our documents are in Arabic but we are going through France and we have English translations of the Arabic. Send arabic AND/OR translation originals ????

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

Timeline

We only sent the originals of the documents in arabic. There is no need to send the translations as long as the documents are in arabic.

for the interview though, I would suggest bringing the originals of the translations. It's better to have everything on hand.

Timeline
We only sent the originals of the documents in arabic. There is no need to send the translations as long as the documents are in arabic.

for the interview though, I would suggest bringing the originals of the translations. It's better to have everything on hand.

Good to know that there is no need to translate Arabic document. The police certificate is french so that needs to be translated I guess.

Thanks Laura and Ali.

Timeline
I was also wondering if we send the originals or the translations...becuase in my case some of our documents are in Arabic but we are going through France and we have English translations of the Arabic. Send arabic AND/OR translation originals ????

I think Because you are going through France you will Probably need to translate The Mariage certificate only and the rest of the document you can get it from Morocco in French language.

Timeline

Everything is right in the world!!! I called and was informed that NO TRANSLATIONS are needed IF the documents are already in ARABIC *and* the interview is in MOROCCO :dance:

She also said all originals will be returned to the beneficiary at the time of the interview.

It takes appx 2-4 weeks to review the documents then they are sent to consulate (as long as nothing is missing)....

Then the interviews are scheduled, MAY is already booked up so soonest it would be scheduled if they get stuff now is JUNE .... STILL..... its getting CLOSEEEEEEEE!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

0148ea9021.png

Timeline
Everything is right in the world!!! I called and was informed that NO TRANSLATIONS are needed IF the documents are already in ARABIC *and* the interview is in MOROCCO :dance:

She also said all originals will be returned to the beneficiary at the time of the interview.

It takes appx 2-4 weeks to review the documents then they are sent to consulate (as long as nothing is missing)....

Then the interviews are scheduled, MAY is already booked up so soonest it would be scheduled if they get stuff now is JUNE .... STILL..... its getting CLOSEEEEEEEE!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Thanks for the information

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.