Miles Ramsell

I have filed for a I-130, any help would be great!

11 posts in this topic

Hello there!!!

I'm brand new to this so I'd be happy for any advice, tips or hints. chuffed to bits to find such a website which offers this type of disscusion!

So the story is....

My mum is a permenent resident in the U.S and has been for around 3 years, married to a U.S citizen for about 5 years. I am a 22 years old un-married male. In feb 2008 I applied for the I-130 and was approved in Aug 2008, this is being processed at the Vermont centre. I was wondering if there is anyway to speed up everything? my mum and I have thought about her applying to become a U.S citizen?? will this help?? also is there any other forms that I could do to help?? and generally how long do you think this will take?? (to actually become a permenent resident)

Any help will be very very very apprciated!!!!

(sorry about the spelling lol!!)

Many many many thanks!!!

Miles Ramsell

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Miles...welcome to "Visa Journey"...there is a way of speeding things up...your I-130 was approved in AUG 2008...your case is now, or should be at NVC...read up on the NVC procedures on this forum...in all reality...if your case was approved in AUG 2008, you should already have a visa and green card by now...what has been holding you up?? keep in mind that most petitions expire after 1 year from the time NVC receives them...it's time to get things rolling...good luck

I am assuming you are applying for a CR2 visa...if not, I appologize...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

assuming you are applying for a IR2/CR2 class visa, you might get more helpful and timely responses by posting your questions in the IR/CR forum...good luck

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
Hello there!!!

I'm brand new to this so I'd be happy for any advice, tips or hints. chuffed to bits to find such a website which offers this type of disscusion!

So the story is....

My mum is a permenent resident in the U.S and has been for around 3 years, married to a U.S citizen for about 5 years. I am a 22 years old un-married male. In feb 2008 I applied for the I-130 and was approved in Aug 2008, this is being processed at the Vermont centre. I was wondering if there is anyway to speed up everything? my mum and I have thought about her applying to become a U.S citizen?? will this help?? also is there any other forms that I could do to help?? and generally how long do you think this will take?? (to actually become a permenent resident)

Any help will be very very very apprciated!!!!

(sorry about the spelling lol!!)

Many many many thanks!!!

Miles Ramsell

You have to provide more information. You cannot apply for the I-130. You are a beneficiary and either your mum or step-dad applied for your benefit. It's important who applied. Also, was the petition filed before your 21st birthday?

If the petition was classified as an IR - you will get a visa within a year. If the petition was classified as an F2b, you have 9 years to go.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

If your mother become US citizen then process speed-up. Currently, if I am right, you are falling under Family-Sponsored Preferences 2B otherwise you will come under Family-Sponsored Preferences first category.

*IR-1 Visa* VSC

I-130 (IR-1):

07/22/2008: NOA1

02/17/2009: I-130 NOA2: Approved in 210 days from NOA1 date

I-129F (K-3):

08/11/2008: NOA1

02/17/2009: I-129F NOA2: Approved in 190 days from NOA1 date

<not pursuing I-129F petition further but NVC forwarded case to Consulate on 02/24/2009>

NVC Journey:

02/19/2009: NVC Received/Case number assigned for I-130

02/20/2009: DS-3032 sent by e-mail and 03/04/2009: DS-3032 sent by regular mail

02/26/2009: NVC received DS-3032 Choice of Agent selection

02/26/2009: DS-3032 accepted and AOS Bill Generated but not IV Bill

02/28/2009: AOS Bill Package received in mail

02/28/2009: Paid AOS Bill and IV Bill (as it was available) online

03/03/2009: Both AOS and IV Bill Show as Paid and Coversheet Printed

03/04/2009: Mailed I-864 and IV (DS-230) Packages

03/06/2009: I-864 and IV Packages Received by NVC and Scanned on 03/10/2009

03/13/2009: Case completed at NVC (in 17 working days from date NVC Received)

03/25/2009: Interview date assigned by NVC

US Consulate @ Mumbai, India

04/02/2009: Medical Exam (based on NVC e-mail for interview)

04/13/2009: Interview Packet Received from US Consulate

04/16/2009: Documents submitted at VFS office

[Classified]: Date of Interview

USA Journey

02/21/2009: Permanent Resident # Received (Ref: NOA2 of USCIS)

05/2009: POE

##/##/2009: Permanent Resident Card

##/##/2009: SSN

Love must be sincere............Roman 12:9

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I have filed a I-130 for my son (unmarried over 21). It was approved back in 2007 and I had it upgraded when I became a USC. It is still going to take another 6 years or so before a visa becomes available to him.

There is no way to speed up the process other than becoming a USC.

I also have I-130's filed for my parents and as they are classed as immediate relatives they will be here on IR5 visa before the end of the year.

Edited by TayRivers

assuming you are applying for a IR2/CR2 class visa, you might get more helpful and timely responses by posting your questions in the IR/CR forum...good luck

Hey again!!

Thankyou so much for all of your help so far, can't believe how amazing this service is lol. like i have seen, i have forgotten a few important details....

My mum was the one who applied for the I-130, for me. My Step-Dad is a U.S citizen,

I was 21 when the application was sent in Feb 2008 and still 21 when 'approved' (22 years old in Sep 2008)

I got a letter at the end of AUG stating that there were no 'Visa Numbers' left for that FY,

Also do you know if my mum was to become a U.S citizen could she still be a U.K citizen?? would she lose any benefits like the state pension in the U.K??

Again thank you thank you thank you!!

Miles Ramsell

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey again!!

Thankyou so much for all of your help so far, can't believe how amazing this service is lol. like i have seen, i have forgotten a few important details....

My mum was the one who applied for the I-130, for me. My Step-Dad is a U.S citizen,

I was 21 when the application was sent in Feb 2008 and still 21 when 'approved' (22 years old in Sep 2008)

I got a letter at the end of AUG stating that there were no 'Visa Numbers' left for that FY,

Also do you know if my mum was to become a U.S citizen could she still be a U.K citizen?? would she lose any benefits like the state pension in the U.K??

Miles Ramsell

Yes your Mom can be a duel citizen of the UK and the US. She will not lose any of her benefits from the UK hers state pension is still payable to her in the US.

Timeline

Hey again!!

Miles Ramsell

You are in the F2b category; LPR petitioning for an unmarried child 21 years or older. Currently, beneficiaries with petitions filed on or before Nov. 15, 2000 have immigration visas available to them. If your mum becomes a USC, the petition for you would be reclassified to the F1 category; US citizen petitioning for an unmarried child. Currently, beneficiaries with petitions filed on or before Sept. 22, 2002 in the F1 category have immigration visas available to them.

You have about an eight year wait before you can immigrate to the US through your mum; six years if she becomes a US citizen. Remember that if you get married while your mum is an LPR, the petition for you will automatically be denied as an LPR cannot petition for a married child. The petition cannot subsequently be reinstated.

Okay thanks again for the help, would i need to contact them every year to keep them updated on my status or when a Visa number comes up they contact me?? the last thing i want to do is miss something or forget to do something basic!! lol

Also do you think i would have any chance with the CSPA or not?

cheers!!

Miles

Timeline
Okay thanks again for the help, would i need to contact them every year to keep them updated on my status or when a Visa number comes up they contact me?? the last thing i want to do is miss something or forget to do something basic!! lol

Also do you think i would have any chance with the CSPA or not?

cheers!!

Miles

Keep an eye on the Visa Bulletin; http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin...letin_1360.html. You can sign up to receive the VB monthly through e-mail.

The NVC will not contact you until your Priority Date is about to become current (usually 3-6 months before it becomes current). It's frustrating not hearing anything for that many years, but they cannot divert resources to update people that there has been no change in their cases. It's yours and the petitioner's responsibility to be on top of your case. One way to do that is to be aware of when your PD is about to become current. Recently, a woman on this board did not contact the NVC within a year of her PD becoming current and her petition was denied. Paperwork gets lost. Government bureaucracies are incredibly inefficient. Their problems becomes your problems and they can only do what the law allows even if it is their mistake.

Edited by aaron2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.