tanging-mahal

k1 visa pick up to manila embassy

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi anyone here who had interview in manila USEM and pick up the k1 visa to USEM instead of delivering at home? would that be allowed? ??

also on ds 156 question when do u intend to arrive in the US? Can i just put month and year using ballpen? we dont really know the exact date that im going to my fiance so i just want to know if its alright to put just month and year using ballpen? also on page 2 of ds 156 i put SELF on who prepare the form instead of NA? would that be ok? i didnt put anything i just put self on name? am i correct?

September 2008: started k1 process

November 2008: attorney send i 129f g325A and other documents

November 24, 2008: NOA1 finally

February 20, 2009: NOA2 at last

March 4, 2009: Got MNL number

March 21, 2009: Received USEM letter thanks god

March 24-25, 2009: Medical Passed thanks god

April 22, 2009: INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!

April 22, 2009: Approved K1 Visa THANKS BE TO GOD!

( thanks to my friends here and someone who answers all the questions i have its a long journey we thank u so much)

April 29, 2009 : Visa on hand

April 30, 2009: CFO

May 7, 2009: leaving phils to lax

May 29, 2009: civil wedding

june 10 2009: ssn got w/ married name

july 22, 2009 aos packet sent

and then follows AOS filling and got GC at novemeber 2009...

hi anyone here who had interview in manila USEM and pick up the k1 visa to USEM instead of delivering at home? would that be allowed? ??

also on ds 156 question when do u intend to arrive in the US? Can i just put month and year using ballpen? we dont really know the exact date that im going to my fiance so i just want to know if its alright to put just month and year using ballpen? also on page 2 of ds 156 i put SELF on who prepare the form instead of NA? would that be ok? i didnt put anything i just put self on name? am i correct?

I've seen some peeps pick up at the embassy. All were when the petitioner attended.

When arrive in the US? Within 6 months of receiving visa. Better to redo online and print out 2 more.

Prepare the form. Put your name. or Self.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

I've seen some peeps pick up at the embassy. All were when the petitioner attended.

When arrive in the US? Within 6 months of receiving visa. Better to redo online and print out 2 more.

Prepare the form. Put your name. or Self.

can i request to just pick up my visa instead of delivering it at home?

yeah i put self instead of name and i dont put anything on address i leave it blank since i put self. i cannont put month and year only on question when do u intend to arrive in US. so i put month and year using ballpen, do they allow that or not? thank u for reply...

( thanks to my friends here and someone who answers all the questions i have its a long journey we thank u so much)

Timeline
i have a friend..she requested her visa to be pick up and the consul agreed..she has her visa now :D

hello thank you for reply :yes: how many days does ur friend get her visa on usem when she pick up? what was her reason for picking it up instead delivering it?hope u reply again hehe

on ds 156 question when do u intend to arrive in the US? Can i just put month and year using ballpen? we dont really know the exact date that im going to my fiance so i just want to know if its alright to put just month and year using ballpen? also on page 2 of ds 156 i put SELF on who prepare the form instead of NA? would that be ok? i didnt put anything i just put self on name? am i correct?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You can put a month and a year for that. It just an assumption so dont worry. Use black pen in filling out forms. Leave it blank on question # 40.Pirma mo agad sa # 41. Hope it is clear now to you.

You can pick up the visa if you want.

------------------------

Adjustment of Status ( I-485) and Advance Parole

Jan.6,2010- Mailed to South Dearborn Chicago via Fedex overnight delivery

Jan.7,2010- AOS packet received signed by Chyba

Jan.10,2010- Notice receipt from USCIS

Jan.13,2010- check has been cashed

Jan.14,2010- NOA1 received (hard copy)

Jan.23,2010- Biometrics Appt.received in the mail dated Jan.14,2010

Feb. 1, 2010- Biometrics appointment at 8a.m.

Feb.9,2010 - touched

March 2,2010- AP approved

March 9,2010- Hard copy received

March 12, 2010- I-485 receipt notice for interview

March 18,2010- received letter for initial interview

April 19, 2010- 8 :15 A.M INTERVIEW DATE ( APPROVED 5min.Interview)

APRIL 20, 2010- USCIS website updated card production ordered

url=http://www.weddingcountdown.com]

79bur3yi21.png

[/url]

----------------------------

We met online became good friends , fell in love and got married..

i have a friend..she requested her visa to be pick up and the consul agreed..she has her visa now :D

hello thank you for reply :yes: how many days does ur friend get her visa on usem when she pick up? what was her reason for picking it up instead delivering it?hope u reply again hehe

on ds 156 question when do u intend to arrive in the US? Can i just put month and year using ballpen? we dont really know the exact date that im going to my fiance so i just want to know if its alright to put just month and year using ballpen? also on page 2 of ds 156 i put SELF on who prepare the form instead of NA? would that be ok? i didnt put anything i just put self on name? am i correct?

For your information and others. If you print the DS 156 or any part of it by hand the information doesn't go into the barcode and USEM has to physically put the info into your case paperwork. MUCH better to do it online and print out 3 copies.

It's very rare for USEM to allow a pinay to pick up their visa. Doesn't hurt to try tho. I already answered your other questions.

If you leave blanks the guard may make you go to the back of the line and fill nthem in!

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

When i had my USEM interview and got approved,i asked the consul for the visa to be picked up and accepted my letter. It only took 5days and my visa was all ready for pick up... :star:

Timeline

When i had my USEM interview and got approved,i asked the consul for the visa to be picked up and accepted my letter. It only took 5days and my visa was all ready for pick up... :star:

hello there, what was ur reason for picking up the visa? also what did u state on letter u give to the consul?

Timeline
You can put a month and a year for that. It just an assumption so dont worry. Use black pen in filling out forms. Leave it blank on question # 40.Pirma mo agad sa # 41. Hope it is clear now to you.

You can pick up the visa if you want.

yes i put month and year using ballpen on that. on number 40 i put self? oh it should be blank?? thank u so much for reply

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
It's very rare for USEM to allow a pinay to pick up their visa. Doesn't hurt to try tho.

When I booked the appointment, the lady said that pick-ups are at the discretion of your particular CO. So, no guarantees.

Moving on w/life

after the consul said that were approved, when i stood up, i asked him, btw, can i pick up my visa? no reason given, no letter given. then he said, hmmm. since its a holiday, it will definitely not today. after the holiday. I got a call after 3 business days. Because it was a holy week back then..

Arrived Honolulu June 8, 2009
Got Married: June 17, 2009
Applied for SSN Card: June 19, 2009
Received SSN Card: June 25, 2009
AOS Timeline[
Sent AOS Packet: July 8, 2009
NOAs for AP and EAD: July 23, 2009
NOA for AOS: July 27, 2009
Biometrics date for my K2: Aug 22, 2009
Biometrics for me: Aug 20, 2009
Notice date for biometrics: July 31 and Aug 4, 2009
RFE received and AOS resumed: Sept 3, 2009
AP and EAD approved: October 22, 2009 (MY BIRTHDAY!)
AP approval notice received in the mail: Oct 25, 2009
EAD approval notice mailed: Oct 28, 2009

LIFTING CONDITIONS:
APPROVED FOR BOTH me and my daughter: 3/12/2012

NATURALIZATION:
Filed: 9/13/2012
I797C: 9/17/2012
Interview: 1/3/2013
Oath: 2/13/2013

IR5 (MOM)

NOA1: February 27, 2013

NOA2: November 19, 2013

NVC Received: Dec 19, 2013 but assigned an SDO case number

NVC changed case number to MNL: 1/23/2014

Paid AOS fee: 1/25/14

IV Invoice via email: 1/30/14

Paid IV: 1/30/14

CASE COMPLETE: 3/7/14

NVC Schedule: 4/10/2014

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.