Sanam143

Name change- AP

10 posts in this topic

I have been reading alot about AP and am really scared now. My husband had a name change about a month before we got married. After his name change he got his birth certificate changed to his new name. His passport, police report, and our marriage certificate has his new name on it. All the documents that were sent to USCIS and NVC has his new name on it. On the I-130 and DS-230 where it asked for former name, I put his previous name on it and I submitted court affidavits of his name change with the I-130. I wanted to know if anyone could advise me as to if this would cause any problems or possibly put him on AP for name check. I'm really worried now. All the forms are in his new name so I dont think it should cause any problems but I cant help but to worry. ANyone have any previous experience with this?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
I have been reading alot about AP and am really scared now. My husband had a name change about a month before we got married. After his name change he got his birth certificate changed to his new name. His passport, police report, and our marriage certificate has his new name on it. All the documents that were sent to USCIS and NVC has his new name on it. On the I-130 and DS-230 where it asked for former name, I put his previous name on it and I submitted court affidavits of his name change with the I-130. I wanted to know if anyone could advise me as to if this would cause any problems or possibly put him on AP for name check. I'm really worried now. All the forms are in his new name so I dont think it should cause any problems but I cant help but to worry. ANyone have any previous experience with this?

They are probabaly going to run both names for security checks, but don't worry. Hopefuly, he will get the visa. Best of luck to you!!!!!

They are probabaly going to run both names for security checks, but don't worry. Hopefuly, he will get the visa. Best of luck to you!!!!!

How long do you think that will take? Is he going to be put on AP for security check?

Timeline

How long do you think that will take? Is he going to be put on AP for security check?

No one can tell you if he will be put on AP or not!!!! You can only find that out after the interview. But why are you getting sacred sister??? He will be ok!!! Don't worry too much!! Stay positive!!! when is his interview????

No one can tell you if he will be put on AP or not!!!! You can only find that out after the interview. But why are you getting sacred sister??? He will be ok!!! Don't worry too much!! Stay positive!!! when is his interview????

It's so hard to stay positive with so many people havin trouble getting visa. But I'mma try my best to stay positive. :). He doesn't have an interview date yet, I'm waiting for his case to be completed. His DS-230 was entered into the system Apr 13th. I'm hoping for an early June interview.

Timeline

It's so hard to stay positive with so many people havin trouble getting visa. But I'mma try my best to stay positive. :). He doesn't have an interview date yet, I'm waiting for his case to be completed. His DS-230 was entered into the system Apr 13th. I'm hoping for an early June interview.

Yes, I can understand!! But you know, not all males are put on AP. Last year, my cousin got visa in Pakistan after three weeks without AP and we also have couple of males in Pakistani forum here that got their visas without AP. So, I pray the same happens to your husband. Best of luck to you!!!!!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hei Sanam,

I am really curious...Why did ur husband changed his name?

But, I think he will be fine since all the papers have his new name....However, it is not only with ur husband, but everyone of us going to have our interview at US Embassy Dhaka may expect 3-6weeks waiting ..... It is entirely ur luck if u get out of it without a waiting....

Good Luck...

Sonia

Hei Sanam,

But, I think he will be fine since all the papers have his new name....However, it is not only with ur husband, but everyone of us going to have our interview at US Embassy Dhaka may expect 3-6weeks waiting ..... It is entirely ur luck if u get out of it without a waiting....

Good Luck...

Sonia

He changed his last name to my last name actually when we got engaged. He changed it b4 we got married so that once we are married he could spend what time I had left in Bangladesh with me without worry about anything. I know its customary for the wife to change her name, but it would be more difficult for me to change it because of all my college application. I'm in the process of finishing my bachelors (graduation complete in bangladesh term, as my hubby says) and applying to medical school. (wish me luck :)).

Hei Sanam,

Good Luck...

Sonia

Hi Sonia,

I agree that AP can be unpredictable and Dhaka embassy is normally very slow to respond in pre-interveiw process. But why do you believe there will be a 3-6 weeks waiting after interview? From most cases I seen, majority gets their visas after 1-2 days, alot of times on same day of interview. I beleive Shimool's wife got her day after interview, and my wife's friend had few friends who applied for CR1 and all got on same day or next day. Only way you may need to wait weeks or months is if you are put on AP, but have not personally heard of any females being put on AP at Dhaka and very few males. I am expecting you to receive the visa on same day or day after interview, and I am going to Bangladesh with similar expectations for my wife.

So just curious on the 3-6 weeks timeframe.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
Hei Sanam,

Good Luck...

Sonia

Hi Sonia,

I agree that AP can be unpredictable and Dhaka embassy is normally very slow to respond in pre-interveiw process. But why do you believe there will be a 3-6 weeks waiting after interview? From most cases I seen, majority gets their visas after 1-2 days, alot of times on same day of interview. I beleive Shimool's wife got her day after interview, and my wife's friend had few friends who applied for CR1 and all got on same day or next day. Only way you may need to wait weeks or months is if you are put on AP, but have not personally heard of any females being put on AP at Dhaka and very few males. I am expecting you to receive the visa on same day or day after interview, and I am going to Bangladesh with similar expectations for my wife.

So just curious on the 3-6 weeks timeframe.

Well,

All I am saying about the worst cases...

U may not believe that, my best friend who had her interview on September 01, 2008 and got her passport back on November 13,2008. She was not given any blue sheet, a token where it said the November date to collect passport...So, they just took more than 2 and half months to get the passport stamped...It happened in front of me...Thats why I am scared....One more thing is that, when I went to submit my K3 papers to schedule an interview, I saw ppl who were actually given token to collect their passport on a two weeks later date....

Then again...I am telling u about the possibilities only...Just to make sure, I am not expecting much from Embassy...If they issue right away, I am more than fine with it..if they don't give my passport within couple of days, I won't be surprised...

My husband is with me...Hope this will help....

Good Luck..

Sonia

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.