July09Bride

About the Canuck Clearinghouse Thread...

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I'm just bumping the thread to ask a couple questions! I'm thinking I want to keep a Canadian credit card to use in the US until my fiance can add me to his accounts. I'm just concerned about paying it... Everyone uses Custom House to transfer funds from their Canadian accounts to their new American accounts, but can you transfer funds from your American account back to your Canadian account? And could my fiance transfer money from his account into my Canadian account if the names on the accounts are different, or do you need to show they are held by the same person?

We have never really figured out the whole money transferring thing...

Yes, it's a good idea to do that, then at least you have some sort of card until you are added to your husband's card. Right now, I still have my Canadian CC and debit card to use when I go home, and to book flights with.

Anyhoo, Custom House is good for all sorts of $$ transfers. You can use it for USD-CAD or CAD-USD, among other currencies. So yes, as long as you have your fiancee's name on the account you can do that. I added Glen's name to the account at CH, it was fine. Now your fiancee transferring $$ from his bank account to your bank account, I don't know if he can do that because it's different funds. You should use CH for that purpose.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

I need to find that link--as I gave step by step instructions on how to do it! It is very easy, pretty much no different then signing up for any other account, just follow thier instructions. You have to send in prrof of ID a photo copy of 2 pieces of ID (maybe it is 3??) u can either mail it in, fax it in, scan and secure email it in! Plus you have to mail in your banks info the same way! I will look in a bit for that post, but its not difficult to do! i walked by their main office in downtown Victoria many times! Staff is super professional, even managed to chat hockey on 1 call! takes a few days to set up. Once ur all set up a transaction takes between 3-4 business days to go through. if ya go Electronically (EFT) it is FREE. They do offer a wire service which is faster, but costs $$. And when ur making a transaction, its almost like ur in vegas! As you can see the rate they are going to give you, so you can either 1) accept it 2) say nope and cancel it or 3) hit the reset button (which is by the rate) and the rate may go up, down or stay the same,lol! Its not a huge change, but depending on how much $$ ur transferring it can make a difference. So even after ur done, ur always asking urself, should I have waited? lol Never had 1 problem with them! back in February, i added another account to be associated with CH, so you have to send them the info--then they have to verify info with the bank---they send them a fax requesting info. But it was taking awhile, so CH said, lets do a 3 way call with ur bank! CH set it up, and fixed the problem. They went totally out of their way and paid the long dist charges,lol they rock!!

Wow!! There's an office on the Island?? That Victoria?? Wish I could set up before I move, I'm only 3 hours from there! Oh well. Thanks so much for this info!! Just one of the many links I'm adding to my favourites before moving, which won't be until middle of August. I hope to get an account set up asap after I move. I need a SSN to get married anyways, so I'll set up an account then too, and get going with this. Wow...those first few days are going to be busy!! lol....

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I need to find that link--as I gave step by step instructions on how to do it! It is very easy, pretty much no different then signing up for any other account, just follow thier instructions. You have to send in prrof of ID a photo copy of 2 pieces of ID (maybe it is 3??) u can either mail it in, fax it in, scan and secure email it in! Plus you have to mail in your banks info the same way! I will look in a bit for that post, but its not difficult to do! i walked by their main office in downtown Victoria many times! Staff is super professional, even managed to chat hockey on 1 call! takes a few days to set up. Once ur all set up a transaction takes between 3-4 business days to go through. if ya go Electronically (EFT) it is FREE. They do offer a wire service which is faster, but costs $$. And when ur making a transaction, its almost like ur in vegas! As you can see the rate they are going to give you, so you can either 1) accept it 2) say nope and cancel it or 3) hit the reset button (which is by the rate) and the rate may go up, down or stay the same,lol! Its not a huge change, but depending on how much $$ ur transferring it can make a difference. So even after ur done, ur always asking urself, should I have waited? lol Never had 1 problem with them! back in February, i added another account to be associated with CH, so you have to send them the info--then they have to verify info with the bank---they send them a fax requesting info. But it was taking awhile, so CH said, lets do a 3 way call with ur bank! CH set it up, and fixed the problem. They went totally out of their way and paid the long dist charges,lol they rock!!

Wow!! There's an office on the Island?? That Victoria?? Wish I could set up before I move, I'm only 3 hours from there! Oh well. Thanks so much for this info!! Just one of the many links I'm adding to my favourites before moving, which won't be until middle of August. I hope to get an account set up asap after I move. I need a SSN to get married anyways, so I'll set up an account then too, and get going with this. Wow...those first few days are going to be busy!! lol....

You can set up before you move, it's all online or over the phone! You don't need an SSN to set up Custom House, just a few pieces of ID.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.