SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part14)

5,958 posts in this topic

Question of the day!!!

Do grown men still take trips with the boys to different islands?

Please give me your thoughts.

I think that couples need time together and time apart - My brother in law will go for golf or fishing weekends with his buddies - My sister has taken spa weekends with her friends - I think that the couple needs to decide for themselves if it is okay - Personally, it would depend on my comfort level with his friends, if it was a once in a while thing, and that we had talked about it all before hand -

Sus - Let's say...it's a yearly trip that the college friends take. They always hang out at home so it's not like they don't see them all the time. And all have a history of cheating.

So my next question would be....would you plan a "girls" trip to the same place at the same time?

It's the trust issues I would have problems with. I know a few guys who take yearly trips with childhood pals with no issues.

She is getting married next year. Does she expect for these trips to end? hmmmmmm make you wonder.

It's definitely a trust thing. He was cheating on her for a whole year. She found love letter that he had written to the other girl...he was in love with the other girl too. To the other women, that he couldn't leave my friend..because she didn't have no friends and he wanted to be the good guy.

I'm so concern...but should I?

I want to just meet her for lunch and really see where her head is at.

All the places to take vacation..and you pick the same weekend...(okay..it's a holiday weekend..who want to be alone) but the same place...that's just nuts.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey ladies!

KK I think your friend has definite trust issues.

Sus I see your point as well, and I agree wholeheartedly. However, I understand (not necessarily agree with) DaDa's point of view. If we look at this based on the types of men we are dating, I think African Americans males don't have the same vacation activities as say White American men. Most African American men are not surfing or being beach bums enjoying the Caribbean...if they travel in a pack...they are usually on the prowl. LOL I am not trying to be stereotypical...just a suggestion as to why DaDa responded like she did.

I don't have a problem with A travelling without me. I trust him until he gives me a reason not to trust him. Just last night, we were talking about travelling after he gets here and gets AP. We decided that our first trip will be a cruise to anywhere but Jamaica. I told him "Yeah baby...that will be cool, and the ship is big enough for us to take a breather from each other if you start working my nerves. Okay Baby I'm going to do xyz...see you in a little while." He was rolling! Then he told me that I wasn't easy. I just think a couple doesn't have to be joined at the hip at all times to be in love. It reeks of insecurity and lack of trust if one partner can't let the other out of their sight for a minute.

I agree 100%

I second that.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Hey ladies!

Sus I see your point as well, and I agree wholeheartedly. However, I understand (not necessarily agree with) DaDa's point of view. If we look at this based on the types of men we are dating, I think African Americans males don't have the same vacation activities as say White American men. Most African American men are not surfing or being beach bums enjoying the Caribbean...if they travel in a pack...they are usually on the prowl. LOL I am not trying to be stereotypical...just a suggestion as to why DaDa responded like she did.

I don't have a problem with A travelling without me. I trust him until he gives me a reason not to trust him. Just last night, we were talking about travelling after he gets here and gets AP. We decided that our first trip will be a cruise to anywhere but Jamaica. I told him "Yeah baby...that will be cool, and the ship is big enough for us to take a breather from each other if you start working my nerves. Okay Baby I'm going to do xyz...see you in a little while." He was rolling! Then he told me that I wasn't easy. I just think a couple doesn't have to be joined at the hip at all times to be in love. It reeks of insecurity and lack of trust if one partner can't let the other out of their sight for a minute.

I agree 100%

I agree too. Healthy relationships..won't have trust issues.

Timeline

mawning yardies.. wha ya deal wid???

i agree w/ sus and jawi kk.. i would and HAVE let my man go to an island by himself and i feel so funny even saying let LOL.. i wouldn't be w/ anybody I don't trust.. the solution i don't think is to start restricting him or STALKING him lol, but to get rid of him!!!

she know in her heart why she is doing this.. what good is ur presence?? u can't be everywhere he is at all times.. she needs to do some serious soul searching, but sadly, i doubt if its been going on this long, she will take any action..

i agree w/ sus and jawi kk.. i would and HAVE let my man go to an island by himself and i feel so funny even saying let LOL.. i wouldn't be w/ anybody I don't trust.. the solution i don't think is to start restricting him or STALKING him lol, but to get rid of him!!!

she know in her heart why she is doing this.. what good is ur presence?? u can't be everywhere he is at all times.. she needs to do some serious soul searching, but sadly, i doubt if its been going on this long, she will take any action..

So it all boils down to TRUST!!!

She doesn't want him to go...hahaha...so she is going with her friends.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morn Ting Mama. Whaa gwaan? You are SPOT on!!! I agree 1000%.

So it all boils down to TRUST!!!

She doesn't want him to go...hahaha...so she is going with her friends.

:yes: :yes:

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So Jawi is the dress you are getting from online or a store?

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline
Has everyone seen the KFC coupons?

Free KFC Grilled Chicken

That's nice of them...and I don't mean to sound ungrateful...however, I would PAY good good money to get my hands on some Jamaican KFC...right now! OMGoodness, I coulddah nyam hoff mi finga dem chicken is SO good!!

I miss my Mo Bay KFC!! :crying:

Preach sista preach!!! De first time I went there I was like ####### to Roc I have a KFC back home why would I come all the way to JA to go to some darn KFC. So I sat there with my attitude while he ordered and then he was like yuh want sumting. No... Well the smell got to me and I ended up tasting his.. Sad to say five minutes after leaving KFC I was like can we go back I'm hungry!! Now it’s a stop every time mi go....lol

Hey Gil yuh eva been to Captains Bakery? I hear its in town square or what ever they call the square in the middle of Mobay...

Timeline
Mawning yardies *waving* hey Dada i am so not in the mood today it's raining in NYC and it dont help my mood at all hurmph! i fell like im having amid life crisis at 25! #######

Hey girllie (waving back).. I know its raining here too its like will ever it ever stop?? Geez and then I look at MBJ's weather and its 80's feeling like the 90's.. Ugh!!!!

So wait you turned 25 already? I thought your birthday was coming up?

Timeline
Hey Yardies.......here in mobay, just trying to deal......No interview happened for us...SO ill, and stupid health care system kept him sicker!..had to request new date. FREaking out about the whole thing, running out of money and crisis after crisis. This was to be such a happy trip. it's too much to report on, so just saying , send us some healing vibes and hope that next check in will be good news. culture1

Hey Culture... How long do you plan on staying? Well I know your bummed things didn’t go as planned but at lest your SO is alright or hopefully will be alright. Sending good vibes your way and praying everything smoothes out. Girl you need money you betta get out there and hustle..

“Cold wata.. peanuts.. phone cards!!!!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Mawning yardies *waving* hey Dada i am so not in the mood today it's raining in NYC and it dont help my mood at all hurmph! i fell like im having amid life crisis at 25! #######

Hey girllie (waving back).. I know its raining here too its like will ever it ever stop?? Geez and then I look at MBJ's weather and its 80's feeling like the 90's.. Ugh!!!!

So wait you turned 25 already? I thought your birthday was coming up?

lol Dada im turning 25 might as well say im 25 already lmao i know the weather there is all sunny i want a rum punch or miami vice and sum jerk chicken damn it!

** I been to hell and back but the key words is I'm back thanks to the grace of god! **

Love...Live...Life... (It's is better to have loved than to have never loved at all)

4/9/09 - Sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center via USPS

4/10/09 - VSC received packet

4/13/09- VSC opened package

4/15/09- VSC mailed NOA1

4/17/09- VSC cashed check

4/17/09-NOA1 online

4/20/09-NOA1 hard copy

4/20/09-Touched

4/20/09- now we wait...

8/27/09- touched

8/31/09- approved!!

9/4/09- letter saying they mailed info to kingston

11/16/09 sent DS230 via email

11/18/09 rec email stating interview was scheduled for Dec

11/19/09 sent email asking what day in Dec and they responded Dec 8th!!!!! 2WEEKS

11/20/09 rescheduled to Dec 22 my preference date

12/22/09 Went to JA 12/9 and di ting is postponed until mi kno it's right!!! mi nah rush into nothing mi rather wait forever and kno everyting proper and sort out then rush and bawl lata... Mi kno when mi ting ah happen it ah happen RIGHT suh fah now mi ah wait likkle more...

DSC02522-1.jpgDSC02523-1.jpg

Timeline

Free KFC Grilled Chicken

That's nice of them...and I don't mean to sound ungrateful...however, I would PAY good good money to get my hands on some Jamaican KFC...right now! OMGoodness, I coulddah nyam hoff mi finga dem chicken is SO good!!

Preach sista preach!!! De first time I went there I was like ####### to Roc I have a KFC back home why would I come all the way to JA to go to some darn KFC. So I sat there with my attitude while he ordered and then he was like yuh want sumting. No... Well the smell got to me and I ended up tasting his.. Sad to say five minutes after leaving KFC I was like can we go back I'm hungry!! Now it’s a stop every time mi go....lol

Hey Gil yuh eva been to Captains Bakery? I hear its in town square or what ever they call the square in the middle of Mobay...

i didn't mind going just cuz it had a balcony!! roger couldn't stop laughing at how intrigued I was LOL.. i was like no i don't want to sit on the inside.. i wanna go on the balcony!! it should have been called Chez KFC..

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
i was just reading...are they supposed to carry the green card at all times??

Im not sure if hubby does or not....... hmmm

Hey Shrewdie,

The welcome letter stated that their GC must be carried on their person at all times! It was the law! However, I am going to do as Sus recommended and make color copies and laminate it and keep the original at home!

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Free KFC Grilled Chicken

i didn't mind going just cuz it had a balcony!! roger couldn't stop laughing at how intrigued I was LOL.. i was like no i don't want to sit on the inside.. i wanna go on the balcony!! it should have been called Chez KFC..

BAHAHAHAHA! Mi nuh blame Roger Quans! Mi woulddah laff afta yuh tuh! Hit's not the outside that matters it's the INSIDE!! Inside of that chiicken...that is!!! LOL! :lol: I was the total opposite! I didn't want to leave the nice cool inside! It was one of the few places in town that had some kick a$$ A/C!! :rofl:

Dada, we passed Captains many times...but I was usually making a be line for my 'Juicy' Lobster Patty or Craft Market Cafeteria for some Ackee & Saltfish! OK...we need to stop talking about food now or I'm going to scream!! :o

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
Hey ladies!

:star: That is exactly what I meant. Most guys I know wont go all the way to the Caribbean or any island for that matter just to fish or hang out. Most of them drive an hour or two and call it a day but like I said that is most of the men I know. The ones that do travel without a woman or in a pack of men like Jawi said are on the prowl. I just don’t know any grown men that travel out of the US together.

I do agree that a couple doesn’t have to be joined at the hip. They say distance makes the heart grow fonder and most of the time you notice when one person goes away when you come back you and your partner are so happy to see each other so that is a good thing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.