July09Bride

Wedding Details

2,369 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Yeah, well, there is a 6 hour time difference between Hawaiian time and Eastern time. :) So, right about now, it is almost 1pm here, so almost 7am there. I think the sun is just now starting to come up. :)

I (L) the sun!

You should move to Florida! :dance:

I checked back on Hawaii. A new day is dawning. :)

Too humid for me. (Yeah, as if Michigan wasn't humid!!) I do like visiting Florida, though! I'm a desert rat at heart and will be heading back to the dry heat of Arizona in the next few years... 4 or 5, I think. Arizona and its sunny skies... :) Phoenix comes in second with 211 days per year when clouds cover less than a third of the sky. B)

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline
What a very pretty place July! :)

Thank you! I really like it, too.

When I showed my fiance' the links, he was very happy! :) He said that anytime we're planning travel, I can do my thing and he'll agree, because I did so well with our accommodations for the honeymoon. LOL I think he said that because I actually plan everything out and he doesn't have to do a thing. :P

Event Date

ROC

9/28/11 - Check cashed

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

And, I hate to break it to ya ladies, but I hear on your wedding night you're so freaking exhausted from everything you usually just pass out, there's nothing too exciting going on in the special suite :lol:

That's what you think.... :whistle::devil:

We'll be at the Sheraton Waikiki Beach. There is a webcam, but, it doesn't work. There are other webcams, though in the area. Lemme see if I can find the link... here is the hotel website and here are the webcams.

Have fun! You can even control the webcams as a visitor to the site. :)

Those web cams are cool!! Just stand by that palm tree with the broken branch and wave!!! :lol:

Edited by TimandJoyce

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Timeline

So, if your due date for response cards is July 8, but you need counts BEFORE that date. All b/c a vendor called and let you know that they told you the wrong date for getting the count to them.

Is it appropriate/acceptable to start soliciting response cards now? We still have 79 cards MIA.

I don't think we should, but I also know we won't get a good count unless we do start going after people for their response cards.

Thoughts??? :blink:

Edited by July09Bride

Event Date

ROC

9/28/11 - Check cashed

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Filed: Timeline

Ugh. If you can do it fast and simple via email then I would let everyone know that the cutoff date has changed for the caterer and you want to know if they would like to eat. Or if the hall is changing you would like to know if they'd like to sit down. :lol:

I wouldn't worry about feeling like you're bugging people..... even though I know that's got to be bothersome for you. There are people like me who set things down and think they've taken care of things, and then forget all about it, who are appreciative of a reminder. :whistle:

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah I agree July. Its perfectly fine to start bothering people, otherwise you'll be in trouble without a firm head count. You'll either overpay for food, or some people won't be eating! I'm sure people would understand. I'd start with e-mails and facebook then wait a week or so and start calling. Our invites have been out for 3 weeks and I have like 5 response cards returned, thats it! I'm getting annoyed at people being slow and undecisive.

Timeline

The favor boxes I ordered came today! Exciting. They're turquoise boxes with our names and date plus a heart emblem, all engraved in silver. They look like this:

BOX_PURSE_TURQ_100.JPG

The plan is to fill them with M&M's in our colors. I'm not sure if I want to pay and get the personalized ones or not... They're cool but pricey. I was thinking that nobody would really notice our names on the back as they stuffed them into the mouth anyways... Any thoughts? What are you guys doing for favors?

I also got our toasting flutes and cake knife/server! They're a matching set and we had them embroidered. This is the fun part of wedding planning!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
The favor boxes I ordered came today! Exciting. They're turquoise boxes with our names and date plus a heart emblem, all engraved in silver. They look like this:

BOX_PURSE_TURQ_100.JPG

The plan is to fill them with M&M's in our colors. I'm not sure if I want to pay and get the personalized ones or not... They're cool but pricey. I was thinking that nobody would really notice our names on the back as they stuffed them into the mouth anyways... Any thoughts? What are you guys doing for favors?

I also got our toasting flutes and cake knife/server! They're a matching set and we had them embroidered. This is the fun part of wedding planning!

those are really beautiful favor boxes! i agree about not getting the M&M's personalized...people just pop them in their mouth so quickly, they probably wouldn't notice. For our favors, we are giving away mini gumball machines in the shape of basketballs. My fiance works in sports entertainment, specifically basketball and we are both HUGE fans; plus we met at a basketball game, so we thought it would be fun!

i was actually given a really cool magazine called Weddingstar (a CDN company) and that is where we found the inspiration. you can also go on their website www.weddingstar.com - they have great ideas :)

Our Journey to Happiness :)

Oct 30, 2002 - We met in Toronto while he was visiting on a business trip from the US

Dated until early 2004 and then distance became an issue

Sept 16, 2007 - He initiated contact with me after almost 4 years!

Jan 2008 - He came to Toronto to visit and see if there was still 'something' there

Feb 28, 2009 - He proposed in front of my family in our condo in Toronto!!!

May 13, 2009 - sent in I-129F (Lawyer is handling our process)

May 15, 2009 - received receipt of NOA1

September 16, 2009 - NOA2!!!

Nov 4/09 - sent packet 3

Nov 25/09 - info logged in system

Interview date - March 22, 2010!!! ***APPROVED!!!***

POE @ Queenston/Lewiston - April 4th, 2010

Wedding date - July 17, 2010

Filed: Timeline

Those are so cute, Huggles! Personalized M&M's would be fun. But if they're not in the budget I wouldn't worry about them. Like Marilyn and Trailmix say, people probably won't even notice until someone points it out to them. And then you'll get crazy people like my MIL who will take that as a sign to not eat them and then put them on a display shelf forever and ever amen. :blink:

iagree.gif

Those are neat favor boxes Huggles!

Here is the plan at the moment for favors: Our colors are black, red and white and I am using roses for the bouquets, plus rose petals for table confetti, so I think the rose ball candles would be a neat fit.

http://www.itsourday.com/index.asp?PageAct...amp;strVarSel=2

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Timeline

Thanks guys! I was originally going to to a traditional square box with a ribbon tied over the top but these really caught my eye so I made a switch. Best part- for 100 boxes with the ribbons and the personalization for only $30! Check out efavormart.com if you haven't, its a great place. I also got my napkins from them in a matching color and style.

I think we're going to wait a while and see how were doing budget wise to see if the M&M's would be a good idea. I think my fiance is more into the idea then me. Another thought I had was to get some personalized and some plain and then just mix them up. It would be cheaper and you'd still get the "personalized experience." Thankfully, my soon to be MIL is a pretty cool lady, I don't think she'll go all weird on me! :lol:

Thanks for the tip toronto nonie! I'll definitely check that site out! I love your favor idea, its so personal and has a lot of meaning.

Minniew- those are so pretty! I saw them at David's Bridal and wanted them... but they were a lot more than that! I think they were like $2.50 a candle? I thought that was a little too much. But $1.20 is a good deal!

Timeline

Here is a version of our favors... we will be putting the favors grouped together on the table, that way, people can decide where at the table they want to sit, and by whom. We are having meal choices, so the favors will hold a card with the person's name and their food choice. That way, the serving staff won't have to guess who gets which food choice... beef, chicken, veggie, or kiddie chicken fingers.

We also ordered little note cards thanking people for spending the day with us. Those will be placed at each individual table setting. Those do not replace "official" Thank You notes, but thought it would be something nice for each place. These cards are the size of business cards and we got them for about $5 through VistaPrint.com.

I like the boxes, Huggles. We were going to go that route, but I wanted the personalized M&Ms, and decided they were too expensive.

Event Date

ROC

9/28/11 - Check cashed

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.