Daniel and Rianne

I-130 question

9 posts in this topic

Hello,

We are new here, and i almost get lost in all the information and paperwork.

We are going to fill out the I-130.

My husband is an american and i am dutch.

Now i have a question, I did look at the FAQ's and Guides and examples etc. etc.

But maybe i just have a silly question.

But at question 15, its the C-part: information about your relative...than they ask Name and address of present employer (if any)

Well...My husband has his work in the USA as a Marine.

And I have work in the Netherlands as a RN, so do we need to put my work address in the Netherlands there?? OR are they talking about if i have work in America? (Nope i haven't because thats not allowed till you have your greencard) OR are they talking about my husbands work i don't think that because its in the C-part.

I think we are kind a dumb ;-) to understand this.

Its just frustrated sometime, I know we just start this process and that will take a long time and patience but it was already a lot of stress to get his papers for getting married in the Netherlands, but that was the best option for us.

We all go through that VISA journey but we just want to be and stay by our love... why can't it not be easier.

Another question we have our international marriage license but do we need to send more papers to show them that we are married? But thats kind a strange because my husband want me in his bankaccount but we can not because i do not have a SS#.

We have a house so maybe he can put me at that, he did want to do that right way when he bought it but couldn't because i wasn't there.

And he will add me to his insurance but than i have to go with to the base sometime, so will that be enough, that he show me that i am at his insurance?

Oh and something else...we started to fill it out on the computer and saved it and did want to go further with it the other day but now we can not make changes in it anymore, so we need to start typing again?

Urgh...i am sorry so many questions.

Hope someone will answer, thank you for your time.

Ri

~ OUR TIMELINE ~

01-09-2009 ~ WE GOT MARRIED

04-15-2009 ~ Send away our I-130 and G-325A to Chicago

04-23-2009 ~ NOA1 from California Service Center

04-28-2009 ~ $ 355,- check cashed

07-09-2009 ~ I-130 APPROVED 77 days after NOA1

07-23-2009 ~ NVC received our case and got NVC case #

07-30-2009 ~ payed I-864 bill

07-30-2009 ~ payed IV bill

08-12-2009 ~ Case completed and left NVC

08-14-2009 ~ Consulate received case

08-15-2009 ~ Received package

09-29-2009 ~ Interview > Denied because not having vaccination shots

10-27-2010 ~ Went to Amsterdam Consulate to bring I-601 and paid

10-28-2009 ~ Send out a form to Amsterdam Consulate which they added to my I-601 and they forward it to USCIS Frankfurt

02-18-2010 ~ Received RFE for I-601 stamp is 02-15-2010

04-05-2010 ~ RFE send out for I-601 to USCIS Frankfurt

04-08-2010 ~ RFE received at USCIS Frankfurt

04-29-2010 ~ I-601 APPROVED!!!

05-20-2010 ~ RECEIVED VISA

05-27-2010 ~ in the USA!!! LAX California

06-14-2010 ~ Got my SSN#

06-18-2010 ~ Got my GREENCARD

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hello,

We are new here, and i almost get lost in all the information and paperwork.

We are going to fill out the I-130.

My husband is an american and i am dutch.

Now i have a question, I did look at the FAQ's and Guides and examples etc. etc.

But maybe i just have a silly question.

But at question 15, its the C-part: information about your relative...than they ask Name and address of present employer (if any)

Well...My husband has his work in the USA as a Marine.

And I have work in the Netherlands as a RN, so do we need to put my work address in the Netherlands there?? OR are they talking about if i have work in America? (Nope i haven't because thats not allowed till you have your greencard) OR are they talking about my husbands work i don't think that because its in the C-part.

I think we are kind a dumb ;-) to understand this.

Its just frustrated sometime, I know we just start this process and that will take a long time and patience but it was already a lot of stress to get his papers for getting married in the Netherlands, but that was the best option for us.

We all go through that VISA journey but we just want to be and stay by our love... why can't it not be easier.

Another question we have our international marriage license but do we need to send more papers to show them that we are married? But thats kind a strange because my husband want me in his bankaccount but we can not because i do not have a SS#.

We have a house so maybe he can put me at that, he did want to do that right way when he bought it but couldn't because i wasn't there.

And he will add me to his insurance but than i have to go with to the base sometime, so will that be enough, that he show me that i am at his insurance?

Oh and something else...we started to fill it out on the computer and saved it and did want to go further with it the other day but now we can not make changes in it anymore, so we need to start typing again?

Urgh...i am sorry so many questions.

Hope someone will answer, thank you for your time.

Ri

The column on the left of the first page is for the US Citizen and right is for the foreign national.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hey!!

I see you found out already how to open a topic haha.

About ur first question...its just as pushbrk says that the right side of that paper is for you and the left side is for daniel to fill in. So just fill in ur current employer in NL. You acutally arent supposed to be in the USA now right..cuz u cant have an emloyer in the usa yet because u just start the petition:)

Its always good to add proof. If u have them add pictures, always good. I see in the guide it says 'evidence of bonafida marriage' But teh options 1 till 4 u cant really do as i read...so id go for 5 or 6.

5. Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties havingpersonal knowledge of the bona fides of the maritalrelationship (Each affidavit must contain the full nameand address, date and place of birth of the person makingthe affidavit, his or her relationship to the petitioner ofbeneficiary, if any, and complete information and detailsexplaining how the person acquired his or herknowledge of your marriage); or

6. Any other relevant documentation to establish that thereis an ongoing marital union.

About the question that it didnt get saved...or u cant change..idk. Should be possible to add things i think.

Good luck with filling in the paper and getting ur proof together!!

Hopefully you can file soon!

Jeanine

n15305667_32214039_6649.jpg

Timeline K1 visa so far...

I129F package send - October 28th, 2008

NOA1 received - November 4th, 2008

NOA2 approval - February 25th, 2009

April 1, 2009 - Medical Examination + X-Ray!

April 16, 2009 - Interview at the Amsterdam Consulate!! Approved!

May 22, 2009 - Entry through Newark Liberty Airport

July 31, 2009 - Wedding!! GREAT DAY!!

August 4th, 2009 - Applied for AOS, AP and Employment

August 12, 2009 - NOA's for all 3 applications

September 10, 2009 - AP Approved!!

September 11, 2009 - AOS case transfered to CSC??

Hey!!

About ur first question...its just as pushbrk says that the right side of that paper is for you and the left side is for daniel to fill in. So just fill in ur current employer in NL. You acutally arent supposed to be in the USA now right..cuz u cant have an emloyer in the usa yet because u just start the petition:)

Its always good to add proof. If u have them add pictures, always good. I see in the guide it says 'evidence of bonafida marriage' But teh options 1 till 4 u cant really do as i read...so id go for 5 or 6.

5. Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties havingpersonal knowledge of the bona fides of the maritalrelationship (Each affidavit must contain the full nameand address, date and place of birth of the person makingthe affidavit, his or her relationship to the petitioner ofbeneficiary, if any, and complete information and detailsexplaining how the person acquired his or herknowledge of your marriage); or

6. Any other relevant documentation to establish that thereis an ongoing marital union.

About the question that it didnt get saved...or u cant change..idk. Should be possible to add things i think.

Jeanine

Hey All,

Thank you so much for your input in this topic.

Now another question about G-325 at the end of every page, in that heavy border you need to type down your given name...

normally they are talking about first name etc.

Now my name is Rianne but my first name is Anna and 2nd name is Adriaantje.

In the Netherlands you get like your baptized names which they write in your passport but the name they want to give you isn't always the baptized name or the name in the passport.

But do i need to write my First name Anna (which is in my passport)? Or just the name my parents gave me and the name everyone call me? Rianne?

Thanks again.

~ OUR TIMELINE ~

10-28-2009 ~ Send out a form to Amsterdam Consulate which they added to my I-601 and they forward it to USCIS Frankfurt

06-14-2010 ~ Got my SSN#

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hey!!

Jeanine

Hey All,

Now another question about G-325 at the end of every page, in that heavy border you need to type down your given name...

In the Netherlands you get like your baptized names which they write in your passport but the name they want to give you isn't always the baptized name or the name in the passport.

But do i need to write my First name Anna (which is in my passport)? Or just the name my parents gave me and the name everyone call me? Rianne?

Thanks again.

Write your current legal name. Rianne would be listed when asked for "other names used". This is not just for the box at the bottom. Your name is your name. If a man is called Mike, Bob or Gene, their "name" is probably Michael, Robert or Eugene.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Hey!!

Jeanine

Hey All,

Thanks again.

Write your current legal name. Rianne would be listed when asked for "other names used". This is not just for the box at the bottom. Your name is your name. If a man is called Mike, Bob or Gene, their "name" is probably Michael, Robert or Eugene.

Thank you for your help!

Okay, I will do that, in other names used i did my maiden last name but now i know i can put my first name there too. Oeps...than i can start typing again ;-)

Another question, really think i have all kind a silly questions ;-) I just am really picky and maybe i do not need to try to be perfect, my husband is really laughing at it but well its just something important and you do want to do everything you can to do it okay so they can't find anything wrong or what ever.

When i wasn't married i used my maiden signature. And I still do (because if i pay with my creditcard there is still my maiden signature and they need to verify if that is correct etc) but i really like to sign with the name i got when we got married. So like to make a signature with my husbands name.

But in my passport which is legal is still my maiden signature. So i guess i need to sign those papers with my maiden signature because that is in my passport?

Oh about proof of marriage beside our international weddingpaper, I think i know something else: I have a military ID (you can get that when you marry someone in the military) but i have that ID otherwise i am not allowed to drive on base. My husbands name is on it and his rank etc. So its a very important "thing" for the military because if i drive crazy they say its my husbands responsibility and will "punish" my husband.

I also bought our couch and stuff for our house like curtains etc. i still have those receipts and also my bankaccount etc. So can we add those as proof or it need to be something else?Hope you will answer this question again.

Again, thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it!

~ OUR TIMELINE ~

06-14-2010 ~ Got my SSN#

Hey!!

Jeanine

Hey All,

Thanks again.

Thank you for your help!

Okay, I will do that, in other names used i did my maiden last name but now i know i can put my first name there too. Oeps...than i can start typing again ;-)

Another question, really think i have all kind a silly questions ;-) I just am really picky and maybe i do not need to try to be perfect, my husband is really laughing at it but well its just something important and you do want to do everything you can to do it okay so they can't find anything wrong or what ever.

When i wasn't married i used my maiden signature. And I still do (because if i pay with my creditcard there is still my maiden signature and they need to verify if that is correct etc) but i really like to sign with the name i got when we got married. So like to make a signature with my husbands name.

But in my passport which is legal is still my maiden signature. So i guess i need to sign those papers with my maiden signature because that is in my passport?

Oh about proof of marriage beside our international weddingpaper, I think i know something else: I have a military ID (you can get that when you marry someone in the military) but i have that ID otherwise i am not allowed to drive on base. My husbands name is on it and his rank etc. So its a very important "thing" for the military because if i drive crazy they say its my husbands responsibility and will "punish" my husband.

I also bought our couch and stuff for our house like curtains etc. i still have those receipts and also my bankaccount etc. So can we add those as proof or it need to be something else?Hope you will answer this question again.

I am thinking about something else.

I still have my dutch passport in my maiden name do i need to change my dutch passport and let them put in it my married name?

Because in filling out the I-130 I use my new family name (the marriage name).

When are they asking for a copy of my passport? So by that time i guess i need another passport with my married name??? Or will it be still okay to have that one with my maiden name because you say by "other names used" your maiden name?

Hope someone can answer my questions.

Thank you so far

~ OUR TIMELINE ~

06-14-2010 ~ Got my SSN#

Thank you for your help!

I am thinking about something else.

I still have my dutch passport in my maiden name do i need to change my dutch passport and let them put in it my married name?

Because in filling out the I-130 I use my new family name (the marriage name).

When are they asking for a copy of my passport? So by that time i guess i need another passport with my married name??? Or will it be still okay to have that one with my maiden name because you say by "other names used" your maiden name?

Hope someone can answer my questions.

Thank you so far

Ps: I finally found the way to answer to this topic how i want ;-) Lol it took me a little time!

~ OUR TIMELINE ~

06-14-2010 ~ Got my SSN#

Can and will someone answer my question please?

I will be so happy to read something about it.

I really appreciate every help we get!

Thank you so far!

~ OUR TIMELINE ~

06-14-2010 ~ Got my SSN#

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.