francie

confused with my medical result

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

got this morning my medical result. in my vaccination documentation sheet, theres a check on the box right below the table that says, "application may be eligible for blanket waiver as indicated above" and another box checked which says "applicant may be eligible for blanket waiver because vaccination not medically appropriate."

dunno whats these means. can someone pls explain these to me. thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah mine says the same thing... I really don't think it means anything. At least, I'm not concerned about it. Like obviously I'm not going to go and get a shot for influenza... I'm 21.

Timeline

Without looking at the sheet I received (so from memory...) it means that any of the vaccinations that weren't checked off as being completed are eligible for a waiver because you do not need them due to your age.

Timeline

Mine had the same thing. I didn't submit the vaccination supplement with my AOS - just the worksheet copy - and was approved without it. I suspect that if you have that on your medical it means you have a waiver from presenting the additional medical report from the Civil Surgeon in the US as your vaccination records are considered complete as stands.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

I have a question for some of the experts on here.... if my son was required to have his HepB shot...and had the 1st shot come medical time.... is this sufficient? I just took him for round 2 of the vaccine as it is a 3 part shot over 6 months.... so one round is documented in medical, the second I could show in his imm card at interview... I assume they will 'assume' he is to get 3rd round?

Hope that made sense lol

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Timeline

My son too had to get his Hep B vaccine for the medical, when we went to the interview they did'nt even ask if he got the 2nd shot and we did the OAS with only the first shot listed. We finished up his last shot here we didnt even think to add it to the list for AOS but we did do our AOS before they required the new forms.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

Yeah I'm a little confused about the whole AOS/Medical thing. I know as a K-1 we don't have to get a new medical done, but we need a form that we don't have... the I-693A or something like that? And we need to find a civil surgeon that will fill out the form without actually charging us to get a new medical done? I've head that some people get away with just sending in the vaccination supplement form from the medial... but what if you have a shot that isn't completed yet because of time constraints (ie. Gardisil). I'm assuming you need to prove you completed the cycle for AOS? Bah. Confusing. The concern here is that I can't actually get my last shot until mid-august (It's due on the 6th but that's the day of the wedding! so after the wedding and honeymoon), so that would give me a grand 3 weeks to put the medical forms together before my 90 days run out. Am I pushing it a little?

Timeline
Yeah I'm a little confused about the whole AOS/Medical thing. I know as a K-1 we don't have to get a new medical done, but we need a form that we don't have... the I-693A or something like that? And we need to find a civil surgeon that will fill out the form without actually charging us to get a new medical done? I've head that some people get away with just sending in the vaccination supplement form from the medial... but what if you have a shot that isn't completed yet because of time constraints (ie. Gardisil). I'm assuming you need to prove you completed the cycle for AOS? Bah. Confusing. The concern here is that I can't actually get my last shot until mid-august (It's due on the 6th but that's the day of the wedding! so after the wedding and honeymoon), so that would give me a grand 3 weeks to put the medical forms together before my 90 days run out. Am I pushing it a little?

I'm pretty sure there is a civil surgeon in Texas that you can send your vaccine worksheet to and he will transcribe it for like $20 or something like that. I have to do a search and try to find the info. I'm pretty sure you give him the copy of the vaccines you get at the medical (they give you a copy to keep).

You can always get the Gardisil shot a week or two before it's due as well. Doesn't have to be exactly on the date.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

I'm pretty sure there is a civil surgeon in Texas that you can send your vaccine worksheet to and he will transcribe it for like $20 or something like that. I have to do a search and try to find the info. I'm pretty sure you give him the copy of the vaccines you get at the medical (they give you a copy to keep).

You can always get the Gardisil shot a week or two before it's due as well. Doesn't have to be exactly on the date.

True... I'm just scared there will be some funky adverse effects and I'll be walking down the aisle on my wedding day with a giant rash on my right arm... Have you finished the cycle yet? Any weird side effects? The only thing I've had is a sore muscle on the arm where the injection was. I wonder if its better to get it earlier than you should or a little late. I was a week late on the second shot but that was the Dr.'s fault (she's always on vacation, must be nice...)

But I'll look up that doctor, thanks! I don't even have the visa yet so I think I'm jumping ahead of myself a little... But I like knowing what to expect next.

True... I'm just scared there will be some funky adverse effects and I'll be walking down the aisle on my wedding day with a giant rash on my right arm... Have you finished the cycle yet? Any weird side effects? The only thing I've had is a sore muscle on the arm where the injection was. I wonder if its better to get it earlier than you should or a little late. I was a week late on the second shot but that was the Dr.'s fault (she's always on vacation, must be nice...)

But I'll look up that doctor, thanks! I don't even have the visa yet so I think I'm jumping ahead of myself a little... But I like knowing what to expect next.

I just finished my 3 shots of the Gardisl vaccine, and I did not have an adverse side effect, besides being a bleeder and my arm a little bit sore. The only thing with the third one was that I left the bandaid on for a few hours afterwards and had a nice imprint of it on my arm for like 3 days!

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Timeline

Just so you know, I didn't do the civil surgeon route, I just sent my vaccination worksheet. Since my vaccinations were all up to date, I did not get an RFE for the 693. It seems that most people get approved w/o the 693 as long as your up to date with vaccines.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.