emma88

is one year w2 enough???

15 posts in this topic

hey guys, im very worried here because im about to send in all the i-864 and supporting documents, this is my check list:

my passport bio graphic page

letter of employment

last three years tax return

last three years w2

completed i864mine

joint sponsors biograhic passport page

letter of employment of joint sponsor

last three years tax return of joint sponsor

only last years w2s of joint sponsor

completed i 864 joint sponsor

no transcripts of any of us.

do u guys think ill get an RFE please share any experience any of you have..... :bonk:

hey guys, im very worried here because im about to send in all the i-864 and supporting documents, this is my check list:

letter of employment

last three years w2

completed i864mine

do u guys think ill get an RFE please share any experience any of you have..... :bonk:

Hi Emma,

Firstly, for I-864, no passport copy is not needed. I-864 is to prove the visa applicant has enough financial support to come and live here without going on welfare, so only financial proofs are needed.

The biographic passport copy is needed when you send the DS-230 only, and only the visa applicant's passport copy is needed. The petitioner's passport is not needed and the co-sponsor's passport is never needed.

I also must advise that if you only sends last year's W-2 for co-sponsor, but sends 3 years of tax returns, you will definitely get a RFE. Anyone can make up a tax return, but the W-2 is proof that the income is legitimate. Did you read my previous response to your last post. I highly recommend sending last year's tax return with W-2 only, do not send last 3 years return if you do not have the W-2 and 1099 for all 3 years. Or you can send transcripts from IRS for last 3 years. Transcripts only takes 20 minutes to get by fax, so please try to get this if possible.

Sending 3 years of tax return with W2 for only one of the year is guaranteed to get you a RFE, which can delay you weeks. And this can be easily avoided by just spending 20 minutes on the phone for the transcripts. Also, I recommend your co-sponsor send in last 6 motnhs of pay stubs if he has it, will make the case stronger.

Good luck.

letter of employment

last three years w2

completed i864mine

Hi Emma,

Firstly, for I-864, no passport copy is not needed. I-864 is to prove the visa applicant has enough financial support to come and live here without going on welfare, so only financial proofs are needed.

The biographic passport copy is needed when you send the DS-230 only, and only the visa applicant's passport copy is needed. The petitioner's passport is not needed and the co-sponsor's passport is never needed.

I also must advise that if you only sends last year's W-2 for co-sponsor, but sends 3 years of tax returns, you will definitely get a RFE. Anyone can make up a tax return, but the W-2 is proof that the income is legitimate. Did you read my previous response to your last post. I highly recommend sending last year's tax return with W-2 only, do not send last 3 years return if you do not have the W-2 and 1099 for all 3 years. Or you can send transcripts from IRS for last 3 years. Transcripts only takes 20 minutes to get by fax, so please try to get this if possible.

Sending 3 years of tax return with W2 for only one of the year is guaranteed to get you a RFE, which can delay you weeks. And this can be easily avoided by just spending 20 minutes on the phone for the transcripts. Also, I recommend your co-sponsor send in last 6 motnhs of pay stubs if he has it, will make the case stronger.

Good luck.

thank you soooo much for your reply, actually its being hard to persuade my joint sponsor that he really needs to give in those too, actually i am giving in all my w2s and everything. i guess now im more confident after getting your reply and i can tell my joint sponsor i really really need it.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

letter of employment

last three years w2

completed i864mine

Hi Emma,

Good luck.

i agree...bio page of passport not needed til you send in the DS-230...however...i don't recommend sending in sending in your original w-2's as they dont show all deductions you filed for...sure, you could send in the tax returns along with them if you are willing to send the original tax returns with the w-2's OR you can simply call the IRS toll free number and get FREE TAX TRANSCIPTS of your last 3 years...it's a much neater package and they come from a goverment agency which (when you send the originals) is as good as gold...have your co-sponser do the same...pay stubs are cool, but an employment letter with a current date will work in place of pay stubs...this worked for me....

letter of employment

last three years w2

completed i864mine

Hi Emma,

Good luck.

thank you soooo much for your reply, actually its being hard to persuade my joint sponsor that he really needs to give in those too, actually i am giving in all my w2s and everything. i guess now im more confident after getting your reply and i can tell my joint sponsor i really really need it.

No problem, but again, transcripts are more reliable and almost guaranteed to not face problems at NVC. If your co-sponsor had multiple jobs in last 3 years, he will need W-2's from all those jobs, along with 1099's and the number has to match what the tax return says. Transcripts do not require any W-2's or 1009 or any math confirmation, they are good to go by themselves. So if he didn't save his W-2's and 1099's, ask co-sponsor to call IRS with a fax machine nearby so they can fax it to him immediately. Save yourself several weeks of RFE delays with a 20 minute phone call.

Hope you get case complete soon.

Best,

HSB.

letter of employment

last three years w2

completed i864mine

Hi Emma,

Good luck.

i agree...bio page of passport not needed til you send in the DS-230...however...i don't recommend sending in sending in your original w-2's as they dont show all deductions you filed for...sure, you could send in the tax returns along with them if you are willing to send the original tax returns with the w-2's OR you can simply call the IRS toll free number and get FREE TAX TRANSCIPTS of your last 3 years...it's a much neater package and they come from a goverment agency which (when you send the originals) is as good as gold...have your co-sponser do the same...pay stubs are cool, but an employment letter with a current date will work in place of pay stubs...this worked for me....

FYI, only photocopies of tax returns or transcripts are required with I-864, not originals. The only original you need with I-864 is the employment letter, which should be on company letter head and the original signature of the employer.

I sent in photocopies of tax returns and W-2 for 2007-2008, and photocopy of IRS transcript for 2006. No RFE's.

letter of employment

last three years w2

completed i864mine

Hi Emma,

Good luck.

No problem, but again, transcripts are more reliable and almost guaranteed to not face problems at NVC. If your co-sponsor had multiple jobs in last 3 years, he will need W-2's from all those jobs, along with 1099's and the number has to match what the tax return says. Transcripts do not require any W-2's or 1009 or any math confirmation, they are good to go by themselves. So if he didn't save his W-2's and 1099's, ask co-sponsor to call IRS with a fax machine nearby so they can fax it to him immediately. Save yourself several weeks of RFE delays with a 20 minute phone call.

Best,

HSB.

i dont mean to be dishonest or anything, i have already requested him many times...

but i do have all his info like social and all that,

do u think it would be dishonest to cal IRS and request those to be faxed at a fax machine nearby where i am???

should i do it for my convenience, after all, he is trying tohelp me by doing all this and being my joint sponsor in the first place, but he is jsut being too arrogant about the system....

i dont want to get into arguments......

please advice me what would be the easy way out of this..........:((((((( :crying: :crying: :bonk:

:ot2: please advice me

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

letter of employment

last three years w2

completed i864mine

Hi Emma,

Good luck.

FYI, only photocopies of tax returns or transcripts are required with I-864, not originals. The only original you need with I-864 is the employment letter, which should be on company letter head and the original signature of the employer.

I sent in photocopies of tax returns and W-2 for 2007-2008, and photocopy of IRS transcript for 2006. No RFE's.

GOOD FOR YOU...i didn't want to plan on bringing any more paper along with me to our interview (just in case they requested the originals) besides the now worthless hundred pages of e-mails and phone logs (which i was never asked to show)....hence the reason i recommend sending original tax transcripts ...

letter of employment

last three years w2

completed i864mine

Hi Emma,

Good luck.

Best,

HSB.

i dont mean to be dishonest or anything, i have already requested him many times...

but i do have all his info like social and all that,

do u think it would be dishonest to cal IRS and request those to be faxed at a fax machine nearby where i am???

should i do it for my convenience, after all, he is trying tohelp me by doing all this and being my joint sponsor in the first place, but he is jsut being too arrogant about the system....

i dont want to get into arguments......

please advice me what would be the easy way out of this..........:((((((( :crying: :crying: :bonk:

:ot2: please advice me

The IRS agent will tell you when you call that they can only send the transcripts to the person who filed the tax returns. They cannot send his transcripts to you. I do not recommend you trying to get his transcripts by lying to IRS and and telling them you are him. The agent will ask many questions to verify the identity, like SS #, how were the tax returns filed, how many dependents were shown on the returns, etc, etc.. and I assume you will not know the answers to all this. Even if you did know all the answers, if your co-sponsor did not want you to have his transcripts for whatever reason, it is a federal crime to impersonate someone in order to get their tax information.

So you will need to convince him somehow and he will need to make the call. I don't understand if he agreed to be the co-sponsor, what does he have against revealing his tax info. That is pretty much what a co-sponsor's job is, supporting the petition with tax info. He understood what would be required before he signed, correct?

letter of employment

last three years w2

completed i864mine

Hi Emma,

Good luck.

GOOD FOR YOU...i didn't want to plan on bringing any more paper along with me to our interview (just in case they requested the originals) besides the now worthless hundred pages of e-mails and phone logs (which i was never asked to show)....hence the reason i recommend sending original tax transcripts ...

agreed, transcripts are cleaner and less papers. I would have sent all 3 years transcripts if I had it then, but thought about 2007-2008 too late. I'll take those to interviews, along with the other 10 stacks of paper which they probably will not look at ;)

thank u HSB from diverting me from my evil thoughts...

he did give me his tax returns but not the ones from the IRS,

he gave me his ssn his passport bio graphic page all...

he just read the instructions on the i 864 instruction steps and

god knows why he thinks all he gave me is enough...

but i emailed him, tonight and let me see what his response is

ill keep my fingers crossed :huh:

i really dont mean to be dishonest either.....im feeling so guilty that this thought even came to my mind....

i feel evil....do u guys have any other advice?

Don't understand, what thought?

the thought that i was thinking if i could tell them to send me his transcripts..that thought :blush:

thank u HSB from diverting me from my evil thoughts...

he did give me his tax returns but not the ones from the IRS,

he gave me his ssn his passport bio graphic page all...

he just read the instructions on the i 864 instruction steps and

god knows why he thinks all he gave me is enough...

but i emailed him, tonight and let me see what his response is

ill keep my fingers crossed :huh:

Sure, always good to see another Bangladeshi on same journey, best of luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.