2,067 posts in this topic

Green card approved!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whoooooooooop!!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

:D congrats!

Magpie.

Thank you!! So completely happy to be done with the waiting!

Now I've calmed down a bit I just wanted to say thank you to everyone on here, especially all you UKers for your support and advice - can't believe we have come all the way through K1 and AOS with no RFEs or need for a lawyer - VJ rules!! Also I am another success story for Nich's 'Page 6' list - I followed that to a tee and it has got us here today - thanks Nich :)

Good luck to everyone on their journies here - you have certainly found the best resource.

Edited by H&V

Thank you!! So completely happy to be done with the waiting!

Now I've calmed down a bit I just wanted to say thank you to everyone on here, especially all you UKers for your support and advice - can't believe we have come all the way through K1 and AOS with no RFEs or need for a lawyer - VJ rules!! Also I am another success story for Nich's 'Page 6' list - I followed that to a tee and it has got us here today - thanks Nich :)

Good luck to everyone on their journies here - you have certainly found the best resource.

I couldn't agree more! It still feels really bizarre and unreal, like it didn't happen, but Knight and I wouldn't have been able to get to this point without you wonderful UK VJers. We couldn't afford a lawyer, and what everything going on in my life, it felt like the process was never going to end. There have been so many people who've been so supportive, and lovely, and generous, so I never felt alone.

Hugs to all :D and here's to not worrying about the USCIS for two years!

Magpie.

Upon the mountain of that which would undo us, our banner shall fly highest.

For K-1 timeline, please check our story!

:: Before-AOS Timeline ::

2009-06-16: Received SSN

2009-06-18: Got my degree classification! Got a 2:1 =D.

2009-07-04: Got MARRIED on Independance Day in San Antonio!

:: AOS Timeline ::

2009-08-06: Mailed off our AOS packet!

2009-08-10: USCIS received packet, no NOA1 yet

2009-08-14: NOA1, eeee!

2009-09-08: Walk-in biometrics, all done!

2009-09-15: Got AP, woo + driving permit

2009-09-25: Approved for EAD, waiting for card

2009-09-30: EAD in hand :D

2009-10-16: Received interview letter for 20th October :D

2009-10-20: AOS APPROVED!

2009-10-30: Green card in hand! Weeeeeee!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
lol primahen, that made me laugh! Just make sure your porch lights are turned off & close the curtains....misery guts! ha ha

Good luck Magpie on the job hunt, anything would do right? I'm gonna wait till after Chrimbo & then I'm gonna enrol at a college in Tampa, Florida (as we'll be down there for the winter) We've decided that it's a great opportunity for me to retrain so I'm gonna do an 8 week Certified Nurse Aid course & get some work in a nursing home or hospital. Later I'd like to study for Registered Nurse but we'll see.

We also pick up a labrador puppy in a couple of weeks...couldn't resist. She'll be 8 weeks old & we're gonna call her Tetley (after the tea bags) :star:

Oh that's sweet! Mmm...Tetley tea! Knight and I have seen a few kittens who would be fantastic for my Bean. We figure that if we look at a kitten who seems quite mellow but friendly, and she looks like her name is Mink (or Minky), then that's the one we're taking home. :D It's also great that you're looking into retraining. They treat medical staff really well here, so I hear. You can also get really pretty scrubs :P.

Primahen, you should do what Calvin's dad did in a Calvin&Hobbes comic -- he would spend his Hallowe'ens hiding in a bush with a water hose in case kids (or potential TPers) showed up :lol: .

With jobs, hey, yeah, anything will do (almost). I don't want minimum wage because I do have a degree, but because of my situation in the UK, I don't really have any "proper" experience. I'll have to start at the bottom and work my way up, but I know I can do it. C'moon, people! Call me so I can be paid!

Also, the application processes for Best Buy and Lowe's are a laugh. They ask you these questionnaires which basically ask stuff like:

If a customer really annoys you, you'd punch them in the face.

1) Strongly disagree

2) Disagree

3) Agree

4) Strongly Agree

:P I made that one up, but that's the gist of it. But hey, who would answer honestly to that one, knowing that you could be denied a job for it?

Magpie.

bean as in baby??

I hear ya on the job thing.. Ive applied for about 3 jobs..havent had a call back.. Im hoping i find something really soon coz im gonna go insane being at home... it was better when it was warm i would go for long walks..

bean as in baby??

I hear ya on the job thing.. Ive applied for about 3 jobs..havent had a call back.. Im hoping i find something really soon coz im gonna go insane being at home... it was better when it was warm i would go for long walks..

:lol: A baby as in cat :P Goodness, I might as well name whatever kids I may have after foodstuffs...and no, I don't have any yet.

Keep looking, Miss G :D you'll find something. Hopefully you'll get something soon.

Magpie.

Nichnick, how do I get on that spreadsheet, do i have to have had my NOA1 first or just sent it off, because I sent off the AOS on friday??

Hopefully you'll get better soon nic.

Hello---It's Narcotic Nich here checking in. I'm still limping along trying to get better. I've never been this ill in my whole life. Geez. I added you to the spreadsheet primahen. I gave somebody else editing permission and I swear I can't even remember who it is after moving, being in the hospital, etc. It's Ellie I think and a darn good job she's done. I pretty much lost the month of October and I'm trying to catch up on things and find my stuff still in boxes.

For all you new greencard holders...like Magpie...here's a fun thing to do. On the back is that wide shiny silver strip. If you look at it (maybe with a magnifying glass) you will see lots of tiny hologram pictures. Who's noticed that? There's all 50 state flags. All the presidents of the US. Check it out and see what you can find while you're bored not working.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Green card approved!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whoooooooooop!!

Way cool and congrats!

Us

2009/08/06 Wedding Date. Married on a sailboat off Florida's west coast.

I-485

2009/10/07 Sent

2009/10/14 NOA Date

2009/10/23 Bio Apt Letter Received

2009/10/28 Transferred to California

2009/11/10 Biometrics Apt

20xx/xx/xx Interview Date

2009/12/01 Card Production Ordered

2009/12/07 Card Received

EAD

2009/10/07 Sent

2009/10/14 NOA Date

2009/11/23 Card Production Ordered

2009/12/03 Card Received

AP

20xx/xx/xx Sent

20xx/xx/xx Arrived

20xx/xx/xx NOA Date

20xx/xx/xx Approval Date

tpjees.png

Timeline
Hello---It's Narcotic Nich here checking in. I'm still limping along trying to get better. I've never been this ill in my whole life. Geez. I added you to the spreadsheet primahen. I gave somebody else editing permission and I swear I can't even remember who it is after moving, being in the hospital, etc. It's Ellie I think and a darn good job she's done. I pretty much lost the month of October and I'm trying to catch up on things and find my stuff still in boxes.

Hope your recovery keeps moving along, and you get through all those boxes. We're still waiting on Pat's things to be delivered (shipped in mid May.. stay away from Pickfords shipping)

For all you new greencard holders...like Magpie...here's a fun thing to do. On the back is that wide shiny silver strip. If you look at it (maybe with a magnifying glass) you will see lots of tiny hologram pictures. Who's noticed that? There's all 50 state flags. All the presidents of the US. Check it out and see what you can find while you're bored not working.

I'll put that on the list of things to do when Pat's gets here. :lol:

Bob

Edited by Bob and Patricia

I-485

2009/10/07 Sent

2009/10/14 NOA Date

2009/12/07 Card Received

EAD

2009/10/07 Sent

2009/10/14 NOA Date

2009/12/03 Card Received

AP

20xx/xx/xx Sent

20xx/xx/xx Arrived

20xx/xx/xx NOA Date

20xx/xx/xx Approval Date

tpjees.png

Congrats on the GC approval, H&V.

I hope you're feeling somewhat better, Nich. :(

Bob, was the stuff sent via air or sea?

Before I left, I sent some books and teddies by sea because it was half the price. They told me it would take 4-6 weeks to get here and seeing as I'm East coast, probably closer to the 4. Well after 3 months of not hearing a darn thing, I told myself it was lost. Then I get a piece of my box sent here... apparently that's all that was left! They said that no contents were found inside and I could reclaim the money if I could list all the contents including manufacturer, price, date of purchase etc... which is impossible. So I cut my losses with that one.

The annoying thing was when we looked at the receipt... it said they sent it out 2 MONTHS after I had posted it. Which means it just sat in the UK for all that time gathering dust before they even sent it out, and then it took another month to get a piece of cardboard to me. Probably Royal Mail... shook my fist at them for a while! I hope you get it soon though.

Oooh, keep working on getting better! It does sound like you're well on the road to recovery, so I'll stop worrying too much (but I'll still worry a bit).

I haven't used a magnifying glass for the silver strip yet, but I remember you showed it to me back in July. I'll have to see if I can find one to inspect it very carefully.

And Gemmie, that's really a bummer! I can't believe you lost all that stuff. TWO MONTHS! Good grief, might as well pay the extra next time and go with air mail...RM is useless. At least the US Postal Service here is pretty reliable. They're actually fighting so that UPS and stuff doesn't take over delivery services.

Magpie.

Edited by KnightAndMagpie

Timeline
Congrats on the GC approval, H&V.

I hope you're feeling somewhat better, Nich. :(

Bob, was the stuff sent via air or sea?

Before I left, I sent some books and teddies by sea because it was half the price. They told me it would take 4-6 weeks to get here and seeing as I'm East coast, probably closer to the 4. Well after 3 months of not hearing a darn thing, I told myself it was lost. Then I get a piece of my box sent here... apparently that's all that was left! They said that no contents were found inside and I could reclaim the money if I could list all the contents including manufacturer, price, date of purchase etc... which is impossible. So I cut my losses with that one.

The annoying thing was when we looked at the receipt... it said they sent it out 2 MONTHS after I had posted it. Which means it just sat in the UK for all that time gathering dust before they even sent it out, and then it took another month to get a piece of cardboard to me. Probably Royal Mail... shook my fist at them for a while! I hope you get it soon though.

Sorry to hear about your lost shipment. About 20 weeks ago they told Pat 8 to 12 weeks. I guess they consolidate items from different people to fill a container before they ship it. It's mostly her cold weather clothes, some household items, china, and a family heirloom camphor chest.. Needless to say, we're getting kinda of anxious about it's arrival. We got an email last night that it had cleared customs in Norfolk VA, I assume it will be shipped via rail to Chicago.

I-485

2009/10/07 Sent

2009/10/14 NOA Date

2009/12/07 Card Received

EAD

2009/10/07 Sent

2009/10/14 NOA Date

2009/12/03 Card Received

AP

20xx/xx/xx Sent

20xx/xx/xx Arrived

20xx/xx/xx NOA Date

20xx/xx/xx Approval Date

tpjees.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I think... I got approved o_o

On November 3, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision.

Application Status

-----------

Package sent : 1st August 2008

I-129F received : 6th August 2008

NOA1 received : 14th August 2008

NOA2 received : 6th January 2009

NOA2 hard copy: 10th January 2009

NVC received: 8th January 2009

Case left NVC: 12th January 2009

Consulate recieved: 26th January 2009

Packet 3 recieved: 30th January 2009

Packet 3 sent back: 5th February 2009

Medical: 23rd February 2009

Packet 4 recieved: 5th March 2009

Interview: 27th March 2009

US entry: 6th April 2009

Marriage: 4th May 2009

AOS filed: 9th July 2009

Biometrics appointment: 15th August 2009

Case transferred to CSC: 25th September

AOS Approved: 3rd November 2009

2 Year Green card recieved: 9th November 2009

On November 3, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision.

:D I think you did, too. CONGRATS! Huggums!

Magpie.

Timeline

Looks like it to me too, although they have a funny way of wording it.

I-485

2009/10/07 Sent

2009/10/14 NOA Date

2009/12/07 Card Received

EAD

2009/10/07 Sent

2009/10/14 NOA Date

2009/12/03 Card Received

AP

20xx/xx/xx Sent

20xx/xx/xx Arrived

20xx/xx/xx NOA Date

20xx/xx/xx Approval Date

tpjees.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.