SJ1819

MAKE UP

46 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

For that long trip, just maintain yourself well hydrated. I agree with you that your skin can't breath if you put on too much make up.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good tips :thumbs:

N-400 Application for Naturalization

September 21, 2012 - N-400 packet sent
September 24, 2012 - Check cashed
September 26, 2012 - NOA 1 received
October 01, 2012 - Biometrics letter received
October 26, 2012 - Biometrics appt @ 11am
March 1, 2013 - Oathtaking. US citizen finally!!!

"You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly."

wgto58qj1o5xq.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
i love this thread..im so into make-up! can't live without it....IT'S ALL ABOUT FEELING GOOD, YOU KNOW... if you feel good and comfortable with or withour make up, i think thats what matters.Well, i make sure i feel good inside and out..Outside, as early as now, i make preparations such as, going to facial centers, body scrub and some laser hair removal hehe...When i get on the plane (hopefully)...i should never forget to wear just light make up and just do retouch from time to time.

HERE' s MY CHEKCLIST ShaneJean: ( for us make-up lovers)

and for convenience sake i will bring:

1. wet tissue instead of liquid soap to wash face and remove make-up then re-apply.

2. moisturizer of course, OLAY total effects is the best so far (i notice that you won't need toner, it automatically minimizes your pores).

3. liquid foundation

4. eyeshadow and lipstick palette by careline (different shades of lpstick and eyeshadows are all in one small case), and the eyeshadows can be used as alternative for blush on.

5. lipliner (optional)

6. eyeliner (optional)

7. face powder (san-san) hiyang ako dyan eh hehe...

THE GOLDEN RULE: too much of something is bad enough, so just make it all light to achieve a more natural look.

Know your color, shape of face, lips, and eyebrows, your cheekbone, contour of eyes.

Message me if you want some make-up tips lol

ADDITIONAL SUGGESTIONS:

USE EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL AS A MAKE-UP REMOVER, IT IS HEALTHIER AND MAKES YOUR FACE SMOOTH TOO. JUST DAB A LITTLE ON A COTTON BALL AND WIPE OUT YOUR MAKE UP SOFTLY.

FOR MAKE-UP BASE USE PRODUCT THAT HAS UVA/UVB PROTECTION LIKE NEUTROGENA. :)

I do believe in the wonders of virgin coconut oil, besides i plan to buy a few and take them with me to the US because my fiance and i plan to create our own littlle spa in the house...and i think the VCO would make a good one for massage...............BUT, as a sunblock, i doubt it, oils of any kind on skin allows it to be heated up when exposed to sun.but i dont know, im not sure.

And yes, water water water...dont wait for yorself to get thirsty before drinking some.

October 27, 2008 - K1 petition sent to VSC

October 29, 2008 - NOA1 received

--no touches, no FRE's--

March 04, 2009 - NOA2 received in email

March 09, 2009 - case left from NVC to USEM Manila

March 24, 2009 - called USEM to set an interview appointment

March 24-25 - Medical

April 23, 2009 - INTERVIEW----PASSED!

April 27, 2009 - Visa ready for pick-up

April 27, 2009 - CFO Seminar

May, 02 2009 - Flight to USA (Phils,-Japan-Houston-Huntsville AL)

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thumbs up on water!

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

HappyDancer is a proud wife to a country boy in KY.

I-130 for Parents (Mom and Dad)

3.15.2014: Mailed I-130 Packet for Mom and Dad

3.21.2014: Received email notification with case # for both petitions; case forwarded to NBC for processing

3.21.2014: Check cashed

3.22.2014: Hard copy NOA1 received

4.08.2014: Both I-130 approved (notification received via email) - It only took three weeks!!!

4.11.2014: Received NOA2 approval notice in the mail.

5.01.2014: Called NVC to ask for status of paperwork. Advised they received both application on 4.28. Advised to call in 30 business days for an update.

6.02.2014: Email notification received from NVC that shows parents' NVC case number and instructions to pay AOS Fee and fill out DS 261.

6.03.2014: Paid AOS fee ($88 for both petitions)

N400:
4.26.2013: Mailed N400 Packet

5.21.2013: Biometrics

7.18.2013: Testing and Interview

9.25.2013: Oath Ceremony

Medical at St. Lukes:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183224-experience-medical-at-st-lukes-extension-clinic/

K1 with K2 Visa Interview:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/184246-usem-interview-on-march-10-at-7am-approved/page__p__2728465#entry2728465

CFO:Review, tips and advise:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/186123-cforeview-tips-and-advise/

Timeline
i love this thread..im so into make-up! can't live without it....IT'S ALL ABOUT FEELING GOOD, YOU KNOW... if you feel good and comfortable with or withour make up, i think thats what matters.Well, i make sure i feel good inside and out..Outside, as early as now, i make preparations such as, going to facial centers, body scrub and some laser hair removal hehe...When i get on the plane (hopefully)...i should never forget to wear just light make up and just do retouch from time to time.

1. wet tissue instead of liquid soap to wash face and remove make-up then re-apply.

2. moisturizer of course, OLAY total effects is the best so far (i notice that you won't need toner, it automatically minimizes your pores).

3. liquid foundation

4. eyeshadow and lipstick palette by careline (different shades of lpstick and eyeshadows are all in one small case), and the eyeshadows can be used as alternative for blush on.

5. lipliner (optional)

6. eyeliner (optional)

THE GOLDEN RULE: too much of something is bad enough, so just make it all light to achieve a more natural look.

Know your color, shape of face, lips, and eyebrows, your cheekbone, contour of eyes.

ADDITIONAL SUGGESTIONS:

USE EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL AS A MAKE-UP REMOVER, IT IS HEALTHIER AND MAKES YOUR FACE SMOOTH TOO. JUST DAB A LITTLE ON A COTTON BALL AND WIPE OUT YOUR MAKE UP SOFTLY.

I do believe in the wonders of virgin coconut oil, besides i plan to buy a few and take them with me to the US because my fiance and i plan to create our own littlle spa in the house...and i think the VCO would make a good one for massage...............BUT, as a sunblock, i doubt it, oils of any kind on skin allows it to be heated up when exposed to sun.but i dont know, im not sure.

And yes, water water water...dont wait for yorself to get thirsty before drinking some.

I was suggesting extra virgin OLIVE OIL and not COCONUT OIL. Well, if it's good for you and suit your skin the go for it.

K1 Process:
April 22, 2008 I-129F NOA1
Aug. 25, 2008 I-129F NOA2
Aug. 28, 2008 NVC left
Sept. 09, 2008 Consulate received
Sept. 16, 2008 Appointment notice received
Sept. 23, 2008 Filed Jap. police clearance
Sept. 24-25, 2008 Medical exam Done. Thank God I'm healthy
Oct. 03, 2008 Interview date
Nov. 11, 2008 Got a call from Jap. Embassy PC ready for pick up
Nov. 13, 2008 Picked up and submitted the Police clearance to USEM
Nov. 28, 2008 Visa is ready for delivery
Dec. 02, 2008 Visa in transit to Cebu (delayed bcuz Dec. 1 was holiday)
Dec. 03, 2008 Visa received abot na jud tawn Thank you Lord.
Dec. 08, 2008 POE Hawaii, Honolulu
Dec. 09, 2008 Got married (wedding and honeymoon in Hawaii)
Dec. 12, 2008 Newly wed couple flew to SFO, CA

AOS Process:
Feb. 04, 2009 USCIS received AOS docs.
Feb. 12, 2009 NOA received (AOS and EAD)
Feb. 13, 2009 Biometrics appointment received
Feb. 25, 2009 Biometrics schedule (10 AM) San Francisco DONE
March 14, 2009 Received interview schedule
April 11, 2009 Received EAD card
April 21, 2009 Interview (APPROVED) (2 months 17 days from filing)

April 28, 2009 Welcome Letter received
May 2, 2009 GREEN CARD received (2 months and 29 days)
May 22, 2009 Filed SSN
May 24, 2009 Got SSN at SSA
June 11, 2009 SSN Card received in mail

Naturalization

April 30, 2013 N-400 mailed (i used regular mail not express)

May 3, 2013 NOA priority date (received in mail 05/09/13)
May 8, 2013 Check cashed out, received text and email (N-400 accepted)

May 31, 2013 Biometrics

June 4, 2013 In Line

June 6, 2013 Received email and text N400 has been scheduled
June 10, 2013 Received letter in mail
July 16, 2013 Interview @3:30pm SFO

qlko09mo73vl.png

Timeline

3. liquid foundation

5. lipliner (optional)

6. eyeliner (optional)

ADDITIONAL SUGGESTIONS:

I was suggesting extra virgin OLIVE OIL and not COCONUT OIL. Well, if it's good for you and suit your skin the go for it.

lol my bad...

October 27, 2008 - K1 petition sent to VSC

October 29, 2008 - NOA1 received

--no touches, no FRE's--

March 04, 2009 - NOA2 received in email

March 09, 2009 - case left from NVC to USEM Manila

March 24, 2009 - called USEM to set an interview appointment

March 24-25 - Medical

April 23, 2009 - INTERVIEW----PASSED!

April 27, 2009 - Visa ready for pick-up

April 27, 2009 - CFO Seminar

May, 02 2009 - Flight to USA (Phils,-Japan-Houston-Huntsville AL)

To add: Take care of your skin as well. Invest on healthy skin so you won't have to stress too much over unhealthy complexion. :)

true! well i dont eat veggies heheh (at least 90% of the time which is so bad for me)... i wish i know how to put make-up on. mixing w/ colors etc. the only regular routine for me is lipgloss (chaps to be exact. really dry here in CO. lol) and some light lipsticks. i seldom wear eye liner (if i remember that i have one), i like mascara but i dont know where i put it heheh... and as much as i like to put foundation/powder on my face sometimes, it gives me rashes and pimples... though for a "very" and "rarely" special occasions, i dont have a choice but wear foundation and some eyeliner and my lipgloss+lipstick... simplicity is beauty but my mom always reminds me that its good to look and feel good for yourself. although some men and even my hubby keeps telling me i dont need make-up etc, i still feel like somehow i need to sometimes, and when i do, then he complements that i look good on it. lol... weird

:blush: have the same problem, when I wear them fancy powders and foundations... the following day my face gets all reddish and then lots of pimples pop up. SO i never learned how to use make up! Whehehe... at the least, I carry lipstick or lip gloss but since I don't really smoke and my lips do look normally pink/reddish (Except for days when it looks too pale), I don't even use the lipstick.

Thanks for the tips though, we don't want to look like a ghost when we land in the US! I just might take one or two of these things in my bag when I leave Phil.

Timeline
To add: Take care of your skin as well. Invest on healthy skin so you won't have to stress too much over unhealthy complexion. :)

true! well i dont eat veggies heheh (at least 90% of the time which is so bad for me)... i wish i know how to put make-up on. mixing w/ colors etc. the only regular routine for me is lipgloss (chaps to be exact. really dry here in CO. lol) and some light lipsticks. i seldom wear eye liner (if i remember that i have one), i like mascara but i dont know where i put it heheh... and as much as i like to put foundation/powder on my face sometimes, it gives me rashes and pimples... though for a "very" and "rarely" special occasions, i dont have a choice but wear foundation and some eyeliner and my lipgloss+lipstick... simplicity is beauty but my mom always reminds me that its good to look and feel good for yourself. although some men and even my hubby keeps telling me i dont need make-up etc, i still feel like somehow i need to sometimes, and when i do, then he complements that i look good on it. lol... weird

:blush: have the same problem, when I wear them fancy powders and foundations... the following day my face gets all reddish and then lots of pimples pop up. SO i never learned how to use make up! Whehehe... at the least, I carry lipstick or lip gloss but since I don't really smoke and my lips do look normally pink/reddish (Except for days when it looks too pale), I don't even use the lipstick.

Thanks for the tips though, we don't want to look like a ghost when we land in the US! I just might take one or two of these things in my bag when I leave Phil.

hehehehe jean kung gusto mo ng powder pagpag mo lang ang upo-an for sure may alikabok gawin mong powder then to get red lips, kagatin mo lang ang lips heheheheh joke lang para sa cheeks kurutin mo lolz

dancingbaby.gif

(Jai Ho)No there is nothing that can stop us(Jai Ho)

Nothing can ever come between us,(Jai Ho)

So come and dance with me,

Jai Ho! (oohh)

She has the answer to everything and the solution to nothing

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
or Jojoba Oil as a makeup remover!!! Rocks, and it doesn't leave you smelling like a salad :P

oh no! my husband might eat me :wacko::P

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Timeline

By the way, what brands of skincare/makeup do you people use?

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

3.21.2014: Received email notification with case # for both petitions; case forwarded to NBC for processing

4.08.2014: Both I-130 approved (notification received via email) - It only took three weeks!!!

5.01.2014: Called NVC to ask for status of paperwork. Advised they received both application on 4.28. Advised to call in 30 business days for an update.

6.02.2014: Email notification received from NVC that shows parents' NVC case number and instructions to pay AOS Fee and fill out DS 261.

N400:

Medical at St. Lukes:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183224-experience-medical-at-st-lukes-extension-clinic/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/184246-usem-interview-on-march-10-at-7am-approved/page__p__2728465#entry2728465

Timeline

OMG Len!!! YOU are a certified makeup junkie!!!

I am currently on Clinique, Body Shop and ELizabeth Arden for skin care.

makeup:

Body Shop

Clinique

Elizabeth Arden

Estee Lauder

MAC

Smashbox

Don't really wear them all the time but by officemates love it when I give them a makeover. :) Oh the boredom at work.

Edited by HappyDancer

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

N400:

Medical at St. Lukes:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.